ADVERTISEMENT

2.23-Bracketology

Seems like 3-1 would have us comfortably in and probably avoiding Dayton. 2-2 maybe in Dayton and any worse means we probably need to win at least one game in Indy, if not 2.

Is there any way we can play a B1G team in the first round?

The actual bball conferences (big East, big 12, SEC, mountain west) will be tough to beat

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Seems like 3-1 would have us comfortably in and probably avoiding Dayton. 2-2 maybe in Dayton and any worse means we probably need to win at least one game in Indy, if not 2.
Play-in wouldn’t be the worst thing

Every year it seems there’s an 11 that wins a couple out of Dayton

Wake Forest beating Duke likely gets them off the bubble and in the dance, which isn't good news for us if we don't take care of business

Wake Forest beating Duke likely gets them off the bubble and in the dance, which isn't good news for us if we don't take care of business
Who else has Wake beaten? I’m asking because I don’t know… shouldn’t our wins against Purdue and Wisconsin count for something?

Who else has Wake beaten? I’m asking because I don’t know… shouldn’t our wins against Purdue and Wisconsin count for something?
Wake is 1-3 v. ranked teams. Beat Florida, Virginia and Pitt - all at home. Only 2 road wins - Georgia Tech and BC. Shitty resume IMO and the ACC is dog shit this year.

And speaking of bullshit, Mich St loses AT HOME to Iowa and they move up to 16 in the KENPOM rankings. WTF is the love fest all about for that team?
I don't like this at all! Their losses are like wins. Nebraska could be 23-4 with a win over them and Purdue and they wouldn't be ranked in the Top 25. Michigan State played us within 7 points and is 17-10 and would receive more votes in the Top 25. The Out of Conference SoS plays WAY to big of a factor for some metrics. Overall SoS should matter way more IMO, but it doesn't

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Ironically, it would be better to be a 10 seed than it would an 8 or 9. Avoid the 1 seed in the second round (yes, getting ahead of ourselves here).

Best case scenario is to go on a run here and rise to a 7 or even 6 seed.

I’m greedy.

Reactions: V-Doub
Ironically, it would be better to be a 10 seed than it would an 8 or 9. Avoid the 1 seed in the second round (yes, getting ahead of ourselves here).

Best case scenario is to go on a run here and rise to a 7 or even 6 seed.

I’m greedy.
Same thing applies to the Big 10 tourney. As things stand, Nebraska as a #5 gets a Day 1 bye and would play the winner of the 13/12 game - Ohio St/Maryland. Could be a no bueno Scenario.

I don't like this at all! Their loses are like wins. Nebraska could be 23-4 with a win over them and Purdue and they wouldn't be ranked in the Top 25. Michigan State played us within 7 points and is 17-10 and would receive more votes in the Top 25. The Out of Conference SoS plays WAY to big of a factor for some metrics. Overall SoS should matter way more IMO, but it doesn't
Nebraska as of right now has more quad 1 wins than Sparty

Same thing applies to the Big 10 tourney. As things stand, Nebraska as a #5 gets a Day 1 bye and would play the winner of the 13/12 game - Ohio St/Maryland. Could be a no bueno Scenario.

I think people need to stop thinking about The Big Ten tourney. While I certainly want the double bye, I think Nebraska will be firmly in the Big Dance regardless.

I think people need to stop thinking about The Big Ten tourney. While I certainly want the double bye, I think Nebraska will be firmly in the Big Dance regardless.
Agree. Nebraska just needs to win their two home games and they are easily in

Huskers would have to go 3-1 and Wisky would have to lose two of their last 4 games which is very possible to get a double bye..

Kenpom is a mathematical equation. There isn't any opinion being injected there.
He needs to go check his formulas because his mathematics is skewed for having Mich St at 16 and Nebraska at 38 or 40. No way in hell.

Reactions: V-Doub
He needs to go check his formulas because his mathematics is skewed for having Mich St at 16 and Nebraska at 38 or 40. No way in hell.

It's a power rating, not a how many games you won rating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT