ADVERTISEMENT

2.23-Bracketology

Lunardi still has us as a 9-seed, but now has us opposite UConn.

I'd take that game in a heartbeat! That means NU wins the 8-9 game and gets their first ever NCAA win. Anything after that is icing on the cake. Kind of like banging a 6 to get a chance at scoring with a 10. May get humiliated and unable to perform adequately with the 10, but at least a heckuva story to tell to say you saw a 10 naked (in person).

I know its a dream but a 10 vs St Marys with a 2nd round game v iowa state would be a good scenario. ... yes ISU and St Mary would be tough but by that time theyll all be tough outs. That group of matchups would give us a legitimate shot at a 16 run.

I’m guessing we would favored in both of these matchups, not by a lot, but like you said everyone is a tough out in the tournament.

I'd take that game in a heartbeat! That means NU wins the 8-9 game and gets their first ever NCAA win. Anything after that is icing on the cake. Kind of like banging a 6 to get a chance at scoring with a 10. May get humiliated and unable to perform adequately with the 10, but at least a heckuva story to tell to say you saw a 10 naked (in person).
There's tourneys where you bang a 6 to get a chance at scoring with a 10?

Is there also one where you bang a 3 or 4 to get a chance with an 8 or 9? I would have been cutting down the nets weekly in college!

Is there also one where you bang a 3 or 4 to get a chance with an 8 or 9? I would have been cutting down the nets weekly in college!
I assumed everyone had a slumpbuster every now and then.

This sounds like a great idea for a Jean-Claude Van Damme parody film, a la Bloodsport or The Quest...probably one where you just fast forward to the "championship".

If Michigan State looks this awful for 40 minutes, the TV talking heads will really have to turn up the "Spartans are absolutely in the tournament" slobber.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Houston is going to be a HORRIBLE matchup especially after that first round when you get no time to prepare.

For NU, it would be a nightmare because NU's main ball handlers would get eaten up.

With that said, Houston doesn't score a lot, so you the game tends to stay close.
Houston is 10 times better than Nebraska. That is why they are a bad matchup. Laughing

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
We would not be favored against Iowa State, ISU would be double-digit favorites. Their guards would be matchup nightmares for us.
We have one good season and people go brain dead. I doubt we would be favored in either game mentioned. We do not play well not at home most of the time if anyone has not noticed.

If we are above average at shooting, we will win a tourney game If we shoot like we have at times the last few games we will lose.

They will not let our overrated shooter beat them and then it is on the rest of the guys to shoot a high percentage.

Can they win a game and maybe 2? Anything is possible. I would be delighted.

We would not be favored against Iowa State, ISU would be double-digit favorites. Their guards would be matchup nightmares for us.

Yeah, I kinda forgot the type of season Iowa St is having. We definitely wouldn’t be favored, but I’m not sure we’d be double digit dogs.

If the score wasn't on-screen for this Wisconsin-Rutgers game, you would think UW was up by 30. Robbie Hummel and his fellow fanboy are absolutely fawning all over the Badgers, yet they are trailing Rutgers at home.

Thanks! I did not remember that.

Wait, I think they lost to Tenn too!

Ha...my god, I suck!
Badgers also got stomped by Providence by 20+.

So yeah, they played a tough schedule. But Marquette is the only really good team they’ve beaten.

Reactions: king_kong_
Badgers also got stomped by Providence by 20+.

So yeah, they played a tough schedule. But Marquette is the only really good team they’ve beaten.
They SUCK...

I get "rewarding" a team that plays tough teams but if they lose all those games...then who cares.

They SUCK...

I get "rewarding" a team that plays tough teams but if they lose all those games...then who cares.
I suppose people could say the Huskers also beat only one really good team. But nobody’s slobbering on Nebraska to the tune of a 6 seed.

I suppose people could say the Huskers also beat only one really good team. But nobody’s slobbering on Nebraska to the tune of a 6 seed.
Agreed...but the badgers are done. Their best player (Storr) is bouncing.

Allick was at a special olympics event in Beatrice last night, what an awesome dude to take time to do that. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention he was wearing a walking boot on his right foot. Hopefully just late-season maintenance!

Reactions: king_kong_
Allick was at a special olympics event in Beatrice last night, what an awesome dude to take time to do that. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention he was wearing a walking boot on his right foot. Hopefully just late-season maintenance!
Anybody know what’s wrong with Eli Rice? He was giving big us good minutes off the bench prior to his injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT