ADVERTISEMENT

The Masters

Mcllory or Jordan Spieth are my picks..

Tiger struggling on the back nine and is even on Par 5 holes.

Pretty impressive what Finau is doing considering he put his ankle on backwards yesterday.

Who’s watching? Any predictions?

Patrick Reed, in a playoff over Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler. All 3 of them are tied after 3 rounds and all shoot 65 on Sunday to best the field by 10 shots. Patrick Reed tells Sergio, "Nice 13 the first day. See you at the Ryder Cup." at the jacket ceremony.

Last edited:
Shows just how overrated the "return" of Tiger is. A guy with a dislocated ankle is smoking him right now. The public has to accept the fact that the great Tiger is gone, never to return. He may still contend for an occasional tournament but his days of winning majors is over.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Shows just how overrated the "return" of Tiger is. A guy with a dislocated ankle is smoking him right now. The public has to accept the fact that the great Tiger is gone, never to return. He may still contend for an occasional tournament but his days of winning majors is over.

He’s only been playing golf for a few months... and he’s been in the top 10 in two tournaments. He likely will never be what he was but to suggest he can’t win again is just as ignorant. The tiger haters are just as ridiculous as fan boys. No golfer in history has accomplished what tiger has since his fusion.

Reactions: Jimmy Frank
He will never dominate the way he did in his prime but it's absolutely possible for him to win another major.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He will never dominate the way he did in his prime but it's absolutely possible for him to win another major.
I have NEVER been a fan of Tiger the person. He was an amazing talent and may at some point be able to recapture his short game. Commentators keep talking about his driving but IMO the thing that used to set him apart was how great his short game was. That said, my distaste for him as a person is taking a hit watching him play these days. He seems humbled and a whole bunch less arrogant than he was a few years ago. Considering though his current skill level, the amount of time the media spends on him is WAY over the top. Sergio the defending champion got zero coverage UNTIL he went Tin Cup on number 15 today.

I have NEVER been a fan of Tiger the person. He was an amazing talent and may at some point be able to recapture his short game. Commentators keep talking about his driving but IMO the thing that used to set him apart was how great his short game was. That said, my distaste for him as a person is taking a hit watching him play these days. He seems humbled and a whole bunch less arrogant than he was a few years ago. Considering though his current skill level, the amount of time the media spends on him is WAY over the top. Sergio the defending champion got zero coverage UNTIL he went Tin Cup on number 15 today.
This is the United States. OUR broadcasts will cover Americans more. Oh and its makes sense to cover the guy with 14 majors under his belt.

Agree on Tigers short game in his prime being magic. Havent watched him enough recently to know what his short game is like. What I have watched however tells me he is SHIT off the tee. Any golfer will tell you short game is king, BUT if you are complete crap off the tee? Good luck scoring at all. Its a major grind just to save par then.

Blows my mind that people still complain about how much coverage tiger gets. Money and viewership drive the amount of coverage a golfer gets...and only tiger gets ratings. If he’s playing, they cover him. They have to. They lose too much money talking about guys like Sergio. Tiger Woods is golf for the majority of Americans. It’s that simple. Even the golfers know that. If everyone complaining can figure out how to get people to tune in for Sergio, Rory, Bubba and Speith then things can change but it hasn’t happened.

triLeS2.gif

His distance control is atrocious right now. Everything is going long. Is in full time scramble mode every hole with no easy pars. Saw the new Nike commercial earlier "Welcome Back". Am doubting Nike thought it would run this weekend without him making the cut.

Michelson didn’t fair to well today either +7 for the day and +5 for the tournament.

First of all for the “he will never be tiger again”, for a 5 year span no one in the history of the game has been that, so chances are technically you are right he won’t be that again. As for the prediction about tomorrow I don’t think Reed will be intimidated just not his personality. I think Rory will make a run but Patrick holds on and wins by 2.

I originally had picked Justin Thomas, Justin Rose, Henrik Stensen, or Louis Oosthuizen. They are all having a good week in Augusta, but I think it’s a 4 horse race right now.

Hopefully the whispers of Jim Nance dont get too weird today. And hopefully they show actual golf the whole time.

Blows my mind that people still complain about how much coverage tiger gets. Money and viewership drive the amount of coverage a golfer gets...and only tiger gets ratings. If he’s playing, they cover him. They have to. They lose too much money talking about guys like Sergio. Tiger Woods is golf for the majority of Americans. It’s that simple. Even the golfers know that. If everyone complaining can figure out how to get people to tune in for Sergio, Rory, Bubba and Speith then things can change but it hasn’t happened.

And that's sad, because it takes a washed-up sex-addict dirtbag to move the needle for golf. It makes me feel like I'm watching a reality TV program. If people would pay attention, there are many great golfers on the tour right now to watch.

And that's sad, because it takes a washed-up sex-addict dirtbag to move the needle for golf. It makes me feel like I'm watching a reality TV program. If people would pay attention, there are many great golfers on the tour right now to watch.

I have to agree with you. I enjoy taking the field against Woods in any tournament he enters. There are so many great guys on tour but many people won’t embrace them or give them the chance.

I have to agree with you. I enjoy taking the field against Woods in any tournament he enters. There are so many great guys on tour but many people won’t embrace them or give them the chance.

Probably because none of them have ever embraced being great. They are too inconsistent, crumble under pressure and leaving you shaking your head. People love to witness and embrace greatness which is why people gravitate toward Tiger. When he was great, he played his best when the spotlight was the brightest. Guys like Rory and Speith have all crumbled in epic proportions on sundays. They are great players...when they are focused. But that isn’t always the case. It’s hard to sell parity and guys that aren’t clutch.

Probably because none of them have ever embraced being great. They are too inconsistent, crumble under pressure and leaving you shaking your head. People love to witness and embrace greatness which is why people gravitate toward Tiger. When he was great, he played his best when the spotlight was the brightest. Guys like Rory and Speith have all crumbled in epic proportions on sundays. They are great players...when they are focused. But that isn’t always the case. It’s hard to sell parity and guys that aren’t clutch.
Exactly we love to witness greatness. Ratings are always better when we have dominant teams like the Patriots, Warriors, and Alabama. Competitive play is great for hardcore fans but dominance moves the needle for the casual fans.

Man, you’ve really got it out for Tiger...Eek

Typical Speith choke job. Played great and gave himself a chance just to stumble at the finish line

Typical Speith choke job. Played great and gave himself a chance just to stumble at the finish line

Lol... ya as if you or I never hit a tree on our tee shot.:rolleyes:

Ohh wait a minute you do play golf right.Winking

He choked on 18. He hit that same shot and hit the same tree earier this tournament. Not sure how anyone can say he didn’t choke. Kid is great when there’s no pressure. Said last night he was excited to play a round at Augusta with no pressure...then he played so well as to give himself a shot that he didn’t expect to get. But, just like Rory, can’t finish when things get tight

First of all for the “he will never be tiger again”, for a 5 year span no one in the history of the game has been that, so chances are technically you are right he won’t be that again. As for the prediction about tomorrow I don’t think Reed will be intimidated just not his personality. I think Rory will make a run but Patrick holds on and wins by 2.

Pretty close just trade Rory with Jordan...

Good call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT