ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee coaching search updates (Currie fired, Fulmer hired, Pruitt update post # 356)

I am guessing the TN AD does have general parameters he is approved to offer - but if your chancellor wants the final word (and modifies those parameters based on what he thinks will fly with everyone that will criticize anyone not named Gruden) you got a HECK of tough job to actually hire somebody.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Will you still feel that way if we don't get Frost?!? :(

Yeah, I'm not going to tempt fate by making fun of Tennessee. And we've had enough poor decisions to our credit over the last 15 years that we should have a little humility.

Screenshot_20171129-204541_zpsnr64syu0.jpg

Uh Oh ... another option down...

I hope that they get nobody to take the job. It is what their fan base and their spineless ad deserve. Who the hell would want to deal with that if you had a job at the DI level. This is big time mismanagement by their board, president and ad

This is just crazy. Now a .500 ACC coach, who came into the season on the hot seat is using Tennessee for leverage?

I so want Tennessee to hire Lane Kiffin! That would be such an appropriate ending to this circus.
You guys remember when that one running back who was committed to us committed to Tenn to then turn and commit to Texas A&M (Kendall Bussey). All three coaches he committed to have been fired (Pelini, Jones, and Sumlin).

They just need to call Butch Davis and tell him the whole thing was a practical joke and would he please get his ass back to campus and start recruiting.

They're going to end up out a whole bunch of money and with a worse coach than what they started with.

They just need to call Butch Davis and tell him the whole thing was a practical joke and would he please get his ass back to campus and start recruiting.

They're going to end up out a whole bunch of money and with a worse coach than what they started with.

I believe you are referring to Butch Jones?

Intro press conference....

Well, he (whomever) may not have been our first choice, publicly about 20th but that's ok, because in the end he was the best choice and the one we really had an eye on all along.

Sumlin would be a good hire for TN - just give him some help with hiring a quality DC (Bob Diaco is available). I read somewhere TN has reached out to 78 potential coaches so far to gauge interest in the job. WOW!!!!!!!

Reactions: headcard
I guess I suffer from anxiety, I'm just not comfortable being amused by the TN disaster until Frost is official. Lucy has pulled the football away at the last second too many times around here. BTW if disaster strikes give me Kiffin as a consolation prize. He seems to have matured into a hilarious d-bag who actually is able to back up his talk with good coaching. Maybe.

Reactions: t7w0c1 and Thomud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT