ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee coaching search updates (Currie fired, Fulmer hired, Pruitt update post # 356)

East coast guy in the Smokey Mountians. I’m not a Schiano fan. How bad of an DC must you be if you give up 56 points to Iowa?

Every coach is responsible for some stinkers. How does Urban's offense only score 24 points? Does that make him a bad coach?

Schiano did good things at Rutgers before going to the NFL. He might just excel with better talent. To your point, though, I'd have concerns about his teams winning against superior and equal talent. Tennessee is in a tough spot regardless of the coach.

Every coach is responsible for some stinkers. How does Urban's offense only score 24 points? Does that make him a bad coach?

Schiano did good things at Rutgers before going to the NFL. He might just excel with better talent. To your point, though, I'd have concerns about his teams winning against superior and equal talent. Tennessee is in a tough spot regardless of the coach.

He is a coward and a terrible hire for Tennessee. I understand their fans anger.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Apparently I am on her ignore list. But no one cares what you have to say. You've been rocking this rhetoric for years. Always pretending to know what is happening and being in the know, but always looking like a colossal moron.
What? Dubs is right ALOT more than he’s wrong and more than about anyone on this board. If you want to argue about manners, ok, but it’s hard to ignore how often his info is spot on.

Gruden to Tennessee was always a fantasy. And if they are after Schiano that is a big let down to loyal Vols fans who were hoping for a splash hire. However, I think he is a solid coach. Anyone that could turn that shithole Rutgers into a winner can't be all bad.

There were rumors that Dan Mullen was their first target. Lends credence to the idea that Florida is now after him so Tennessee is shifting to plan B.

Uh oh... this bodes well for Wisconsin!

OSU has a distraction!

Now if Clemson, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin all win, Alabama will be left out of the playoffs with their weak schedule!

Any fan base that thinks they have Gruden locked up is not going to be happy when the actual coach is named.

This year. Next year. 5 years from now.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Schiano is very overrated. His resume is pretty much indentical to Mike Riley - a .500 record at the college level and 2 failed years in the NFL. Only the Big East was much weaker than the Pac-10.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
OSU fan here. I glad he got a head coaching position. Not sure Tennessee is a good fit. I thought our defense underperformed this year. Linebacker play was below average. Too many busted coverages. Schiano was a better DB coach.

With Florida finalizing a deal with Mullen it sounds like you've got your man.

UCLA & Kelly.

Florida & Mullen.

Tennessee & Schiano.

So far, I think all 3 schools hit a grand slam.

Agreed. Just don’t tell the Vols and gators fans.

Sumlin to Arizona State and Frost to Nebraska and everyone did real well.

72RZjVMu_bigger.jpg
Albert Haynesworth

@haynesworthiii

I’m just going to say this if we hire Greg Schiano as our next head coach my options will be open to which college program I will Be donating my TIME and MONEY to. (No disrespect to GS) but if UT leaders don’t take football serious then I will find the program that will!!!

2:03 PM - Nov 26, 2017

72RZjVMu_bigger.jpg
Albert Haynesworth

@haynesworthiii

I’m just going to say this if we hire Greg Schiano as our next head coach my options will be open to which college program I will Be donating my TIME and MONEY to. (No disrespect to GS) but if UT leaders don’t take football serious then I will find the program that will!!!

2:03 PM - Nov 26, 2017

Having ALBERT HAYNESWORTH calling you out for lack of commitment is like having Johnny Manziel holding an intervention for your drinking problem.

Yep. Rude as hell and a big blowhard, but usually right. And I am in his "ignore" bucket too for daring to call him out on his rudeness. So I have no reason to defend him.
I have never been one of HTO/BGII/CoachDub's "buds", nor has he ever made me overly angry, I view him as just another guy who posts here. But I have noticed the last year or so HTO has been polite and measured in his posts, so I think "rude" and "blowhard" are somewhat harsh at this point and maybe even dredging up the past unnecessarily.

Congressmen and high officials are speaking out as well... someone put the ads phone number on twitter lol.. rabid is right

On a side note i think leach could end up at arky.. wouldnt that be hilarious to have him and saban in the same room

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT