ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee coaching search updates (Currie fired, Fulmer hired, Pruitt update post # 356)

Why did he even interview then? Still a bad look for Tennessee. What a circus.

Great question. IIRC, he interviewed a couole years back too & T Boone upped his contract, didn't he? I still think Schiano would've done well in Knoxville.

I wonder if he is hoping for FSU to open?

Gundy to FSU, Miles back to Stillwater and brings Pelini with him. Eek

Gundy to FSU, Miles back to Stillwater and brings Pelini with him. Eek

His D would probably do fine in the Big 12...
g1393.jpg

Not sure I see him as a coordinator again, but that could be a step towards getting back into an fbs school.

Reactions: coachDubs
Man that's hard to believe he would turn that down. Wonder what he didn't like that made him leave that offer on the table.

Could be that their fan base does stuff like taking to the streets and starting fires every time they get upset with their head coaching situation.

I'm shocked that the AD still has a job. Has anyone heard if they still owe Schiano any money in this mess or is this going to get tied up in court for a while?

I'm shocked that the AD still has a job. Has anyone heard if they still owe Schiano any money in this mess or is this going to get tied up in court for a while?

I read somewhere that Shaino will look for compensation. I don’t remember which report or the specifics. This whole thing has been such a cluster it’s hard to remember what is what and where you read things.

It’s been glorious.

How hysterical would it be if they had to hire back the dude they just fired because nobody else will take the job? And how much more hysterical would it be if he then told them to shove it?

Greg Schiano is a good coach. My daughter's husband is a Rutgers grad and has had season tickets for Rutgers games for a long time. He loves Schiano and says he is, hands down, the greatest coach Rutgers ever had.

Have you ever been to a Rutgers game? I have. Bush League all the way. Pathetic facilities, horrible fan support and anemic game day atmosphere. And the surrounding route one corridor in NJ is a suburban sprawl congested shithole. And my son in law agrees.

If Schiano could turn that team into a bowl eligible winner on a consistent basis then he is a good coach. Period.

Reactions: newAD
Each one of these job interviews is leverage for him to renegotiate his contract with T. Boone Pickens. Now Gundy makes $7million/year.
There's a rule in employee/employer negotiations of that nature where you threaten to leave. Do it once. IF you come back and try it again, you better have your bags packed.

Assuming Frost to Nebraska occurs without any issues, how long before Tennessee fires their A.D. and comes after Moos? :D

Have you ever been to a Rutgers game? I have. Bush League all the way. Pathetic facilities, horrible fan support and anemic game day atmosphere. And the surrounding route one corridor in NJ is a suburban sprawl congested shithole. And my son in law agrees.
Period.
But - Rutgers played the first college football game. Sometimes in times of trouble a fan base has to take comfort in past traditions and glory. No should know that better than us.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT