ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee coaching search updates (Currie fired, Fulmer hired, Pruitt update post # 356)

That seems like absurd timing. Did they just find another way to derail their coaching search?

I guess the other way to interpret things might be that he signed Leach - and then they said thanks - now leave

Reactions: headcard
Wow... it never ends....

Peyton Manning better just decide to be the coach instead of trying to help lure a coach...

This might be the most entertaining topic of the entire football season! I have gone through a bag of popcorn just reading the updates. I actually think Leach at UT would work - but ding dang he might just be too nutty a pirate for the fans and alumni to tolerate for very long. Probably why he'll said no - he is not getting fired from Wazzu - he should not change jobs unless it has similar chance for job security. Although he had a ton of job security at TTech and screwed that up...........

With most of the SEC trying to compete with Bama by being like Bama, Leach could work.

I say the same thing to Kansas fans all the time. Why is Kansas trying to be Oklahoma or other air raid programs. There’s a reason why schools like Kansas State and Iowa State don’t get caught up in running the same stuff as the southern BIG 12 schools. It’s foolishness.

Teams that started running the air raid did it because it was a novelty offense. You ran it to offset a talent disadvantage. Problem is when vast majority of the teams in your conference are running it and with a lot better talent, it’s not a novel idea anymore. I always think when you don’t have the best talent it’s best to be the ying to everyone else yang. It’s why I think Frost offense will kill it in the BIG 10. No one else runs it or sees it.

Leach running raid in the SEC may or may not work. A&M and Missouri have been the outliers. Never hurts to be different. Unless you have the most talent, you better make it tough for the other team to prepare for you.

Last edited:
Eating-Popcorn-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-3.gif

Now AD has parted ways. Predicted that.

Show leadership and stand up to cowardice fans by sticking with your Schiano hire. Total failure.

So if Fulmer is the AD doesn't that give Tee Martin a lot better shot at the job?

I guess the other way to interpret things might be that he signed Leach - and then they said thanks - now leave
HIring an AD without a sitting AD in place might even tougher than it's been for them. Hard to imagine it could be any worse but I think it did get worse...they better bring back Phil and quickly.

We're just as bad. 4th coach and AD in the last 9 years. It's kind of crazy that 2 outsiders, Bounds and Moos, are bringing back a golden child of the Osborne era to right the ship. I haven't felt this relaxed for Husker football in a little over 20 years.
Very well said

Well, I believe that if it is broke, you fix it. But the problem didn't start with the coaches or ADs, it was the people hiring them and it all started with Perlman. I can understand one bad AD and/or coach hire, but enough was enough.

Tom/Bo were very good hires. Bo could have worked out fairly well, a player or two or bounce or two and we could easily have gone to multiple bcs bowls. That is all you can ask for in a 7 year period... to win 70% of your games, and have a great chance at BCS bowls in half of those seasons. Bo was an unprecedented egoist though, and Eichorst was the worst hire possible. Eichorst was hired purposely to destroy Bo after his defiance post Texas A@M game. That was the defining game of his tenure. I don't know about conspiracy but he was limited in who he could recruit, and who he could hire to replace his lost coaches, who were forced to move on due to their behavior. After 2011 Bo was exclusively coaching for a chance to take the Ohio State job and kept his stuff together a bit and had o.k teams and recruiting. But after the tape and the collapses in 2012 and 13 against top competition he lost that opportunity and just gave up. He then blamed Nebraska and the AD for him losing a chance at his dream. Bo was a great hire, with tremendous potential. He matched up so well culturally with NU, that even after all he did, a large portion of the fan base still wanted him. Riley was a bad hire, Bo was not.

Tom/Bo were very good hires. Bo could have worked out fairly well, a player or two or bounce or two and we could easily have gone to multiple bcs bowls. That is all you can ask for in a 7 year period... to win 70% of your games, and have a great chance at BCS bowls in half of those seasons. Bo was an unprecedented egoist though, and Eichorst was the worst hire possible. Eichorst was hired purposely to destroy Bo after his defiance post Texas A@M game. That was the defining game of his tenure. I don't know about conspiracy but he was limited in who he could recruit, and who he could hire to replace his lost coaches, who were forced to move on due to their behavior. After 2011 Bo was exclusively coaching for a chance to take the Ohio State job and kept his stuff together a bit and had o.k teams and recruiting. But after the tape and the collapses in 2012 and 13 against top competition he lost that opportunity and just gave up. He then blamed Nebraska and the AD for him losing a chance at his dream. Bo was a great hire, with tremendous potential. He matched up so well culturally with NU, that even after all he did, a large portion of the fan base still wanted him. Riley was a bad hire, Bo was not.
tenor.gif

Bo was a terrible hire. No HC experience, horrible disposition, poor role model, stubborn, marginal in-game skills, and average recruiter. Especially since Patterson was available and wanted to come.

We're just as bad. 4th coach and AD in the last 9 years. It's kind of crazy that 2 outsiders, Bounds and Moos, are bringing back a golden child of the Osborne era to right the ship. I haven't felt this relaxed for Husker football in a little over 20 years.
You left out Ronnie Green. Green while not a native Nebraskan nor NU alum married a small town Nebraska girl and he's the one I think that drove Moos's hiring and likely told Moos there was one name to keep at the top of his list. We have the possibility of a long run with a guy who we can all be proud of as the Husker football coach. IF for some reason things don't go well at first you have patience and let him adjust staff as need be to make it work. I have little doubt that he'll get it done. It's just a matter of how long it takes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT