ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee coaching search updates (Currie fired, Fulmer hired, Pruitt update post # 356)

lee-corso-not-so-fast-my-friend.jpg

Agreed. From what I remember the evidence against him was flimsy.
And evidence in a situation like that is almost always flimsy. Way too easy to look the other way and plead ignorance with no paper trail. Stuff like what was going on was virtually impossible for him to not know in his position. He knew.

This isn't a criminal trial...question is should the highest paid public employee in the state be linked to child rape?

I say no but I've got a moral compass that may not play in college sports.

Reactions: JoelBittner
Sources are saying brakes have been tapped on frost now that schiano is reportedly available.

:p
Was waiting for someone to say it

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
And evidence in a situation like that is almost always flimsy. Way too easy to look the other way and plead ignorance with no paper trail. Stuff like what was going on was virtually impossible for him to not know in his position. He knew.

But what was the specific allegation against him? Just that heard things, he saw something, or someone told him? Also, who made it? That’s what I meant. I don’t remember what it was. I would think if there was strong evidence against him I would remember it. I don’t remember there being outrage in Columbus when he went to OSU.

But what was the specific allegation against him? Just that heard things, he saw something, or someone told him? Also, who made it? That’s what I meant. I don’t remember what it was. I would think if there was strong evidence against him I would remember it. I don’t remember there being outrage in Columbus when he went to OSU.

But tOSU didn't hire him to be the Head Coach like Tennessee just did.

I believe that McQeery testified saying that Shiano also knew and didn’t say anything.

A witness testified that they had told Schiano about if I recall correctly. The knowledge of Sandusky's activities appears to have been a little too widespread in that coaching staff and athletic department for it to be logical that he didn't know.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I was thinking for some reason McQeery felt he knew. If he testified that he told GS that, then I forgot that.

So did I. It’s just something that I heard during this fiasco. There is too much to digest in the ‘Penn State allowing the raping of children for decades’ saga to remember everything. Even if you wanted to.

I am calling bullshit on this "we don't want Schiano because of the PSU thing". This is all manufactured and fake outrage. The fact is, Tennessee fans don't want Schiano because he is their version of Mike Riley. He isn't the "splash" hire they wanted. He just seems like yet another coach they will have to fire in a few years.

If he was a super hot coach that lots of people were after nobody at Tennessee would be talking about this PSU thing and they would all be doing cartwheels that they got him to come to Rocky Top. And they would be defending his actions at PSU and screaming about how unfair it is to besmirch someone's name without any real evidence. Blah, blah, blah...

The fake outrage over child rape just so you can torpedo a football coach you don't want for other reasons is a disgusting and cynical act. It actually, ironically, trivializes child rape by using it as a mere utilitarian tool to condemn people you don't like for other reasons.

Last edited:
didn't tn just get thru some sexual assault incidents/settlements that caused little if any stir..?

just win, baby.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I am calling bullshit on this "we don't want Schiano because of the PSU thing". This is all manufactured and fake outrage. The fact is, Tennessee fans don't want Schiano because he is their version of Mike Riley. He isn't the "splash" hire they wanted. He just seems like yet another coach they will have to fire in a few years.

If he was a super hot coach that lots of people were after nobody at Tennessee would be talking about this PSU thing and they would all be doing cartwheels that they got him to come to Rocky Top. And they would be defending his actions at PSU and screaming about how unfair it is to besmirch someone's name without any real evidence. Blah, blah, blah...

The fake outrage over child rape just so you can torpedo a football coach you don't want for other reasons is a disgusting and cynical act. It actually, ironically, trivializes child rape by using it as a mere utilitarian tool to condemn people you don't like for other reasons.

Oh definitely. If it came out the Gruden was touching kids at a QB camp, it would be, ‘well we all make mistakes and that was months ago. It’s about time we moved on and just let him be (our coach).’

Schiano is a trainwreck... but the PSU/Sandusky evidence against him is that McCreary testified that someone else told him that Schiano said years prior that he saw something... so it's not just hearsay... it is double hearsay.

In any event, remember Schiano's late game strategy? Trying to blow up the team's center/QB exchange when they are taking a knee to ice the game. He also lied to NFL reporters saying that it actually worked once at Rutgers.

If you don't post stupid things you don't get ridiculed. Unfortunately that's a tough standard for me to live up to.....:oops:

Appreciate it man, just move on and let whomever have their say. Not worth giving them attention. One day, Rivals will have it where the ignored aren't allowed to read posts of those ingorning them. This will surely drive up the number of accounts. Laughing

@1fansopinion congrats on joining the club.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT