ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee coaching search updates (Currie fired, Fulmer hired, Pruitt update post # 356)

Tennessee AD

ffb.gif

I guess I suffer from anxiety, I'm just not comfortable being amused by the TN disaster until Frost is official. Lucy has pulled the football away at the last second too many times around here. BTW if disaster strikes give me Kiffin as a consolation prize. He seems to have matured into a hilarious d-bag who actually is able to back up his talk with good coaching. Maybe.
No.
My lawd the stupidity.

Sumlin would rather stay unemployed and his buyout will not be reduced if he takes another job.

They need to start reaching out to Helfrich, Mora, Graham, Strong, current Texas Tech coach and see if anyone will bite

They may need to just come out and announce we are offering 5 years 20 million please contact us if interested.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
They need to start reaching out to Helfrich, Mora, Graham, Strong, current Texas Tech coach and see if anyone will bite

They may need to just come out and announce we are offering 5 years 20 million please contact us if interested.
This could be good for us. The longer this goes on, the more likely that they hire MR and take his paycheck off our books.:Cool::Cool:

Reactions: jlb321
They have basically put out the Help Wanted, Immediate Hire sign...unless your name is Kiffin, Miles, and Tee Martin

This might be one time a major college job is actually posted in the classifides.

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
They have basically put out the Help Wanted, Immediate Hire sign...unless your name is Kiffin, Miles, and Tee Martin
It's pretty clear that at this point they are totally going for a recognized name versus somebody who might come in and do a really good job for them. There has to be a dozen group of 5, MAC whatever coaches out there who could run that program successfully and would gladly take 3-4 M/yr. Their AD is making the SP mistake x100.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
You know who might actually be really good at UT and I'm not joking.....Bill Callahan. He is a recruiting machine and I doubt would make the same defensive staff mistakes twice. They would love his offense.

Well he is used to taking jobs Gruden didn't want (Well one anyway)

Reactions: dinglefritz
You know who might actually be really good at UT and I'm not joking.....Bill Callahan. He is a recruiting machine and I doubt would make the same defensive staff mistakes twice. They would love his offense.
He's too smart to go back to college. Knows he's not a head coach.
Someone from a mid major will eventually take it.

He's too smart to go back to college. Knows he's not a head coach.
Someone from a mid major will eventually take it.
Smart has nothing to do with it. $$$$$$$$$ He could quadruple his pay and I have no question that he would love to be a head coach again.

And Tennessee fans should thank Nebraska for Leach. It’s a lot easier to switch jobs when you don’t know who you’re boss is going to be.

Leach would be a great hire for UT. The way UDub handled Wazzu, it might be time to take his show East. He should recruit better at Tennessee, and his offense will be a boost to the $EC

Leach at UT would/will be interesting. As long as he wins, he will be the "crazy uncle who lives in the attic" that southerners like to fondly talk about. When he loses, tho, his schtick will not be so funny.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Leach at UT would/will be interesting. As long as he wins, he will be the "crazy uncle who lives in the attic" that southerners like to fondly talk about. When he loses, tho, his schtick will not be so funny.
That's the same no matter where he coaches. The question for him is can he win over their boosters. Same deal. Just win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT