ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs NW basketball

Interesting that Eichorst brought in Devaney to oversee football, yet keeps Boehm in charge of basketball despite his mediocre track record.

I didn't realize that Eichorst brought in Devaney, which medium did he use?

So in your mind, unless you are run and gun up and down the floor that you are a take the air out of the ball guy, right? There are a couple coaches with hardware that don't run up and down the floor (see Coach Izzo at Michigan State, see Wisconsin under Bo Ryan).

I stand by the circumstances above as the key reasons for this year's struggles, but I also see an NCAA tournament team with their first win in the tournament in two years if the decision makers give him those two years.

Just think about the team in two years:
- Watson will be a senior
- Morrow (health permitting) will be a senior
- Jordy will have had 3 years to develop and should be a beast as a junior
- 5 star transfer from Georgetown will be in his second year in the program
- Roby will be a junior
- Gill will be back off injury

Also imagine McVeigh as a senior will be more consistent from 3, Jacobson will be a senior along the lines of a Bruce Chubick contributor.

This doesn't count Nana Akenten (a high scoring 3 star recruit) who will be a sophomore.

The future is bright for this team and I think we as fans owe it to Miles to let him enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Izzo's teams typically run up-and-down the floor/push the tempo as much as they can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT