ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. Scum prediction thread

If you don't think Nebraska loses by less than a touchdown - giving up a turnover to either lead to a CU game-winning drive or to stall a potential game-winning drive within mere yards of getting into comfortable FG range or at least crossing mid-field, you haven't been paying attention. Of course, it will be in some new and imaginative way.
I can TOTALLY see NU hurting Sanders...only for his backup "Robbie Schmekie" who has never played a down of CFB coming in off the bench and going like 26/30 375 yards and 3 TD's.

But IF an NU QB got hurt, the backup would come in and look like Lucas, from the hit 80's movie, Lucas.

Nebraska struggles to score and turns the ball over and CU is feeling it and we will be gassed by 3Q…

CU - 30
NU - 14

Reactions: Bertimos
I think we will put up 30+ points only 2 times this year, 3 at the most. This has to be one of those games for us to have a chance.

From the predictions it seems we have been conditioned to expect the usual boat race treatment.
If our 9 million dollar coach is worth the contract we should see something better than the usual.
Looking at both teams play it seems we are stuck in mud and they are skating. Since it was asked I fear a huge explosion by CU and an anemic or turnover ridden offense in the first quarter and a half leading to a hopeless lead. CU gets tired and NU makes a couple late, pointless scores. CU 56-14.

You guys seem to forget that most of the line players CU has came from lower division football. They have good skill position players but the lines are not good. TCU only had 3 returning starters from last year didn't they? Don't buy the hype, we have to have the same game plan the big 10 had for Frost and Pelini.

Reactions: SkerInCo
I have no clue what to expect
No doubt the pros in Vegas get things wrong sometimes.

So far, they have a lot of teams overrated or underrated and an equal number they have right on the numbers.

That being said, Vegas considers CU only the 77th best team in the country.

They likely had TCU way overrated, and CU underrated. And they still have TCU at # 38, so go figure.

CU is currently sandwiched between Liberty and Rutgers...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
Who knows! It’s in Boulder and they’re coming off their biggest win in a long time.

Huskers 23
Buffs 28

A real slugfest…

So, if NU wins is it national news like sCUm's win over TCU? Or is it "Well, sCUm was overrated."

I think NU wins and I'll take the points but only because I like NU's D against CU's offense. I really believe TCU's sorry defense made sCUm look like giant killers.

Reactions: BleedRed78
My prediction - We are winning in the second half until something we are not expecting happens, and we end up losing by 3 - 6 points. I saw Frost up 10 with 4 minutes to go lose to Northwestern, I saw special teams gaffes against Oklahoma and Iowa, I saw us punt to the opposite side of the field at MSU, I saw Casey Thompson throw a pick in a close game at Purdue, I saw Martinez fumble against Michigan, I saw two false starts that cost us 11 points at Minnesota, I saw an Onside kick up 11 with all the momentum in Ireland...Rinse, Repeat.

So, if NU wins is it national news like sCUm's win over TCU? Or is it "Well, sCUm was overrated."
No. Because a husker win would say more about Colorado than Nebraska.

But for all of us, a Husker win would mean that the defense showed up as advertised from the previous week and the offense ran the ball effectively and converted points in the red zone.

Which of course would be awesome.

vegas o/u win total for them was 7.5 to start the season
Despite CU opening this week as the favorite, Vegas still thinks NU is 6 points better on their power ratings.

What better way to get some of that NU money than make the Buffs the favorites?

TCU ran 76 plays, and CU ran 82 (total of 158 plays). TCU sacked Sanders 5 times, CU had no sacks.

By contrast, NU ran 56 plays and MINN ran 69 (total 125 plays).

Personally, I won't touch this game with a 10' pole.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
I have now gone through the CU TCU game on YouTube and I feel like we are in trouble, at least based on the extremely small sample size.

CU 31. NU 20

Reactions: BigRedTed
If we take care of the football, it will be a good game and we can win it in the 4th.

If we turn it over 2 or more times, we will get our dicks kicked in.

If the coaches don't help keep Sims from turning the ball over with the offensive game plan. I'm going to be of the opinion that 99% of everything heard this off-season from the staff was nothing but hot air.

No prediction thread yet so I will get it going. I think we improve in week 2. My biggest worry is the loss of Ty for the first half. We need to make sure these guys do not get off to a fast start and we need him. But I do think we will move the ball and we will cut down on our turnovers. How good is Scum's offense really? We will see. It is at their place and the crowd will be raucous. I hope our defense does not wear out in the second half due to altitude.

I say we will pull off the upset. I know I was all doom and gloom on here after Minnesota but that is how I roll. I am an emotional guy and I love my Huskers. Last week was a real kick in the balls due to the way we lost. But I think we rebound this week:

Nebraska 31
Scum. 28

GBR!
Would love to see the Huskers win, but the Buffs get the ball out quickly to their receivers and force you into a 1 on 1 situation. Sooner or later they break a big one with their speed. If not then they still move the chains with a short passing game. Eventually, after 50 or more passes, we will be gassed in that altitude. Only chance for NU is a strong running game and draining the clock. But it feels like a perfect storm against us. I'll go 42-21 Buffs.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I think Nebraska wins this game. All of the hype and the Deion keeping the receipts chatter behind the Buffs win mixed with the sense of early season desperation is going to play well for Nebraska. I think we can be physical and limit their possessions. Buffs will be impatient and make mistakes. This will be a surprise to many, but shouldn’t be considering how early into the season this game is. The Buffs big win is a benefit in this situation.

Buffs 38
Huskers 24

Don't hate me too much. Lol. I think we keep it close for a half or three quarters. But ultimately our offense can't stay on the field long enough and CU pulls away a bit on our tired defense. Hope I'm wrong and would be happy to be.

If NU comes out with a solid run game, mixed in with play action passes, then rolls #7 out of the pocket then maybe we have a shot.

Have to win the turnover battle

Reactions: BleedRed78
IF we limit our passing to like, one time per half....and just ground and pound the shit out of them, I can see NU winning. If somebody on our staff gets cute (again) and tries to match CU's track meet, I could see us losing.

I would not touch this game with a wager of any sort because i've zero clue what will happen, which is normal for me...but at least I normally have a feeling about how a game will go. I do not this time around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT