ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. Scum prediction thread

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
No prediction thread yet so I will get it going. I think we improve in week 2. My biggest worry is the loss of Ty for the first half. We need to make sure these guys do not get off to a fast start and we need him. But I do think we will move the ball and we will cut down on our turnovers. How good is Scum's offense really? We will see. It is at their place and the crowd will be raucous. I hope our defense does not wear out in the second half due to altitude.

I say we will pull off the upset. I know I was all doom and gloom on here after Minnesota but that is how I roll. I am an emotional guy and I love my Huskers. Last week was a real kick in the balls due to the way we lost. But I think we rebound this week:

Nebraska 31
Scum. 28

GBR!

No prediction thread yet so I will get it going. I think we improve in week 2. My biggest worry is the loss of Ty for the first half. We need to make sure these guys do not get off to a fast start and we need him. But I do think we will move the ball and we will cut down on our turnovers. How good is Scum's offense really? We will see. It is at their place and the crowd will be raucous. I hope our defense does not wear out in the second half due to altitude.

I say we will pull off the upset. I know I was all doom and gloom on here after Minnesota but that is how I roll. I am an emotional guy and I love my Huskers. Last week was a real kick in the balls due to the way we lost. But I think we rebound this week:

Nebraska 31
Scum. 28

GBR!

Great post! Perfectly worded and I have nothing to add. Other than you’re slightly more optimistic than I am.

Whoa. Coming from you, that scares the shit out of me. Always thought you were all sunshine all the time guy. And naysayers be damned.
Hard to trust the offense to do enough. Or at least it's part.

I was amazed at how well CU played offensively on Saturday, but I'll drink the Kool-Aid and say the Buffs will suffer a letdown after being the big sports story of the week:

24-21 Huskers*

*please do not let Sims throw the ball anywhere near Travis Hunter

*like, anywhere near his half of the field.

That said, has anyone issued the “these poorly coached HBCU kids won’t know how to handle the hype/pressure” mental gymnastics in their anti-Deion rhetoric yet (not saying you did)? Need that one checked off the bingo card.

SCum puffaloes 45
Good guys 6

The trolls will be in full force by Saturday Afternoon.

Gus Johnson will have a new man-crush instead of his world famous, Thee Ohio State Buckeyes. (corch prime)

I hope the good guys try to take the air out of the ball, but I don't see a strong enough running game to pull that off. I see puffaloes starting fast and not letting up.

I'll be beyond ecstatic to be wrong.

🌽

I do not see this game being close at all. I really do see the Huskers just getting annihilated. Colorado should win by three or four touchdowns.

But I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I would like nothing more than to come on here next Saturday and eat crow all day. I'll come with a bib and utensils ready to go.

Huskers - 27
Buffs - 24

I think our D shows out and a strong ground game allows for Sims to make better decisions through the air and owns the TOP. Huskers redeem themselves from a game they should have won to finally close out a game. The rest of the West starts shaking in their boots and Michigan is on upset alert coming to Lincoln. Come on Huskers!!!!!

Huskers - 27
Buffs - 24

I think our D shows out and a strong ground game allows for Sims to make better decisions through the air and owns the TOP. Huskers redeem themselves from a game they should have won to finally close out a game. The rest of the West starts shaking in their boots and Michigan is on upset alert coming to Lincoln. Come on Huskers!!!!!
And if we get our ground game going we chew clock (especially with the ridiculous new rule) and shorten the game. Our best defense could just be a ball control offense.

Driving back from the Minnesota game, we were talking about how at least we'd be 3-1 heading into the Michigan game.

Then I watched CU on Saturday. Confident team...explosive team...athletic. Looked like they were the team coming off a playoff berth. It made the loss to Minnesota that much more frustrating.

CU 30
NU 17

Reactions: Bertimos
My initial early thoughts and prediction:

- TCU’s defense gave up 45 to Michigan, 65 points to Georgia, and now 45 points to Colorado (155 points the last 3 games)

- The Big 12 and Pac 12 are not the same as the Big 10 in terms of physicality. This will be a much more PHYSICAL game for Colorado

- Nebraska needs to get back to its roots. Run the effing ball all game, use the Option if you have to.

- NO Turnovers. Sims should attempt no more more than 8-10 pass attempts ALL game. Eat the s*** out of the clock and we have a great chance to win.

- *IF* we control the clock and don’t turn the ball over, this game could come down to a Special Teams play

- 10+ million will be watching this game at 11AM this Saturday

- Know where Travis Hunter is at all times. Go to the opposite side of him every play when he’s on defense

I know Colorado is good on offense. But their defense gave up 250+ rushing yards and 42 points. With the O/U at 58.5, I’m going

Nebraska 28
Colorado 27

- TCU’s defense gave up 45 to Michigan, 65 points to Georgia, and now 45 points to Colorado (155 points the last 3 games)

- The Big 12 and Pac 12 are not the same as the Big 10 in terms of physicality. This will be a much more PHYSICAL game for Colorado

- Nebraska needs to get back to its roots. Run the effing ball all game, use the Option if you have to.

- NO Turnovers. Sims should attempt no more more than 8-10 pass attempts ALL game. Eat the s*** out of the clock and we have a great chance to win.

- *IF* we control the clock and don’t turn the ball over, this game could come down to a Special Teams play

- 10+ million will be watching this game at 11AM this Saturday

I know Colorado is good on offense. But their defense gave up 250+ rushing yards and 42 points. With the O/U at 58.5, I’m going

Nebraska 28
Colorado 27
Generally speaking if you are not an option team, you don't run the option. It tends to not be a play that you just "put it" for a game. Options teams are option teams and their practices are all about the option, spacing, timing and so on.

With that said, I would love to see some options plays!

Reactions: MUJoey and ADV1
At this point, I can’t & won’t pick the Huskers to win a game until I see significant improvement. Some of the things that need to get fixed are going to take time and/or different personnel.

Run the ball. Shorten the game. Get points out of every possession inside the CU 40. IMO 80% of our issues are #7. He's a junior, he either needs to figure it out fast or Rhule needs to say next man up. Alvano hits 3 FGs. Skers 23-21.

I just don’t think we have enough offense to keep up with them for 4Q.

Things might backfire on them with their surprise win and my hope is they turn the ball over enough that Nebraska has a fighting chance going into the 4Q..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

- TCU’s defense gave up 45 to Michigan, 65 points to Georgia, and now 45 points to Colorado (155 points the last 3 games) -- All these teams have potent offenses; we do not.

- Nebraska needs to get back to its roots. Run the effing ball all game, use the Option if you have to. -- These roots are over 20 years old. We are not an option team.

- NO Turnovers. Sims should attempt no more more than 8-10 pass attempts ALL game. Eat the s*** out of the clock and we have a great chance to win. -- We have been turnover prone for the past 10 years, including last week. This sounds like wishful thinking.

- *IF* we control the clock and don’t turn the ball over, this game could come down to a Special Teams play -- If I win the lottery, the sky is the limit. We aren't winning the lottery.

- 10+ million will be watching this game at 11AM this Saturday -- This is the kiss of death. We invariably crap the bed when it is a big game with lots of people watching.

I know Colorado is good on offense. But their defense gave up 250+ rushing yards and 42 points. -- Perhaps this is because TCU has an offense and a recent tradition of winning.
Love the optimism or delusion, but I'm not buying it in bold above.

*like, anywhere near his half of the field.

That said, has anyone issued the “these poorly coached HBCU kids won’t know how to handle the hype/pressure” mental gymnastics in their anti-Deion rhetoric yet (not saying you did)? Need that one checked off the bingo card.
Nah, I've been somewhat of a defender of Deion. I don't care for his personality, but he was smart enough to know that you can't turn around the worst football program in the country without first burning it to the ground.

I just have a feeling the Buffs might take a step back this week. For the Huskers' sake, I hope so, because there's no doubt which team was better in Week 1.

Reactions: scarletred
23-21 big red
run the ball, use the fb, keep te's in to block initially, just use 2 wr's -our senior qb locks on one anyway.
have to have a large difference in time of pos.
blitz, blitz and blitz
sorry to think this may turn into a colorado rock slide piling high on the huskers

Husker's defense has to find a way to frustrate Barf's offense, be it getting to the QB, causing turnovers, punishing hits on the receivers after any catch or pick 6s! The barf's are young and if Huskers can get inside their heads and keep the offense off the field, Huskers have a chance. The Husker's offense has to be solid and consistent keeping drives going and not making mistakes. Huskers need positive football on the field and let Barf's make the mistakes and be the turnover machine!

Reactions: scarletred
If you don't think Nebraska loses by less than a touchdown - giving up a turnover to either lead to a CU game-winning drive or to stall a potential game-winning drive within mere yards of getting into comfortable FG range or at least crossing mid-field, you haven't been paying attention. Of course, it will be in some new and imaginative way.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT