ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. Scum prediction thread

27-21 CU. We score on the first play on a Full back screen. And have shot to win on the last play but Bullock drops a pass in the end zone, though it would likely come back anyways due to Sims being past the line of scrimmage.

See what I did there? :)

31-13 puffs

I can't foresee the offense being something different than what we saw against the gophers. Piss poor QB play, turnovers, and for some inexplicable reason, only given your starting running back 7 carries.

A lot of people predicting scores like we are up against a national championship caliber tOSU team or something. Im sorry, I just cant. I saw the best defensive unit I have seen here since Pelini. It was just 1 game, and it was Minnesota, but jesus, they have pushed us around a lot the last 5 years. I saw improvement there. Yes, the offense was not good, but do you really think CU will trot out a defense that can stop Ervin and Simms on the ground? I dont. A couple fast dudes does not make a complete team. How is their kicking game? Return game? Coverage units? Can they stop the run over and over again? Yes, they have a great DB on the team, how are the others? Do they get a good pass rush? This is a 28-17 NU type game. CU may go up 14-0, but eventually, we start to shut them down and we run it at them all game.

A lot of people predicting scores like we are up against a national championship caliber tOSU team or something. Im sorry, I just cant. I saw the best defensive unit I have seen here since Pelini. It was just 1 game, and it was Minnesota, but jesus, they have pushed us around a lot the last 5 years. I saw improvement there. Yes, the offense was not good, but do you really think CU will trot out a defense that can stop Ervin and Simms on the ground? I dont. A couple fast dudes does not make a complete team. How is their kicking game? Return game? Coverage units? Can they stop the run over and over again? Yes, they have a great DB on the team, how are the others? Do they get a good pass rush? This is a 28-17 NU type game. CU may go up 14-0, but eventually, we start to shut them down and we run it at them all game.

I tend to agree. I think the Buffs can beat us for sure because we always step on our dicks, but their D gave up 44 a game last year. This year they have already given up 42 and that 42 had 2 red zone turnovers. Their skill players are studs. There is no doubt. They are going to test Nebraska in space. No doubt. With that said, we have the advantage up front and all of the media that thinks our secondary is slow are morons.

On offense, you just can't shoot yourself in the foot. Just pound the **** out of them and find a way to get Fidone and Boerkircher open down the seam. CU is going to put probably 9 guys in the box just daring us to beat them throwing. Don't give in. Pound the ****ing rock.

I got Nebraska 31-28

I think that Colorado will play a bunch of man coverage on the outside and try to spy on Sims. This will reduce the number of players in the box to 7. I think Nebraska can control the clock and pound the ball. Chandler Morris ran the ball 5 times for 30 yards, I think Sims will have 3 times the yardage.

My only concern is that Nebraska could score quickly at times thus giving Colorado the ball too many times.

I got Nebraska 31-28

I think that Colorado will play a bunch of man coverage on the outside and try to spy on Sims. This will reduce the number of players in the box to 7. I think Nebraska can control the clock and pound the ball. Chandler Morris ran the ball 5 times for 30 yards, I think Sims will have 3 times the yardage.

My only concern is that Nebraska could score quickly at times thus giving Colorado the ball too many times.
Agreed. I'm worried about them really trying to spread us out and the tackling, but that actually was a bright spot in game one and you had a lot of guys running to the ball.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I got Nebraska 31-28

Incredible optimism

I tend to agree. I think the Buffs can beat us for sure because we always step on our dicks, but their D gave up 44 a game last year. This year they have already given up 42 and that 42 had 2 red zone turnovers. Their skill players are studs. There is no doubt. They are going to test Nebraska in space. No doubt. With that said, we have the advantage up front and all of the media that thinks our secondary is slow are morons.

On offense, you just can't shoot yourself in the foot. Just pound the **** out of them and find a way to get Fidone and Boerkircher open down the seam. CU is going to put probably 9 guys in the box just daring us to beat them throwing. Don't give in. Pound the ****ing rock.
Honest question, how many of the teams they played are as bad as us on offense?

Is their defense weak against the pass or run? Both?

Who knows... I just know watching their game, they looked like they couldn't stop the run and struggled on D. They had some guys make plays in crucial situations in the red zone, otherwise they probably don't win the game. It's football and that happens and players make plays, but even though our O is bad, I think we will run on them and Sims is going to be a big part of this. I thought he actually ran the zone read well last week and made the correct read most of the time. Their D-Line isn't going to get near the push and I think it is going to open up some holes. Sims just needs to hit the throws when we take our shot. They are going to be there as you know Colorado is going to creep up.

Nebraska ranked #21 in the nation in total defense; yards per attempt.

Colorado ranked #112 in the same category

Nebraska ranked #27 in rushing defense yards per attempt.

Colorado ranked #131 in rushing defense yards per attempt.

Nebraska ranked #26 in passing yards per attempt defense, #35 in opponent QBR.

Colorado ranked #71 in passing yards per attempt defense, #68 in opponent QBR

Nebraska ranked #58th in offensive rushing yards per attempt.

Colorado ranked #130th in offensive rushing yards per attempt.

Nebraska opponents 3rd down conversion at 107th

Colorado was at 124th

Nebraska was #16 in preventing opponents from scoring touchdowns once in the Red Zone

Colorado was #106th.

Nebraska is #32 in allowing opponents plays of 10 yds or more.

Colorado is # 110th

Nebraska is #34 in the nation for sacks made.

Colorado has no sacks recorded (and no TFL's)

Nebraska is 30th in punting

Colorado is 56th

Colorado was at 124th

Nebraska was #16 in preventing opponents from scoring touchdowns once in the Red Zone

Colorado was #106th.

Colorado is # 110th

Colorado is 56th
Great stats!
Really it’s just the turnovers.
If we didn’t make those few terrible plays we would be 1-0 and feeling really good.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Colorado was at 124th

Colorado was #106th.

Colorado is # 110th

Colorado is 56th
the punter was good on thurs

hopefully that keeps up throughout the year

Will Nebraska establish a running game between the tackles? How will the altitude affect Nebraska? Does Rhule have any more gimmicks in his bag of tricks? Can Nebraska's defense stop Colorado's offense? Can Colorado's defense stop the Nebraska offense, or will Nebraska's offense stop themselves? Will Colorado be the stronger team in the 4th quarter? After much contemplation I think it will be Colorado 38 - Nebraska 20. I think Colorado has a strong 4th quarter, which makes the difference.

Colorado's OL and DL are straight trash, should run the ball 70 times. Their best play is throwing to their 170 lb RB out of the backfield.

Reactions: tjlSker90
A lot of people predicting scores like we are up against a national championship caliber tOSU team or something.
Have you not been watching Nebraska football the last decade? These are more in line with Nebraska vs. Illinois or Nebraska versus Purdue scores. National Championship level tOSU would be a score of 72-3

I'm going with this. While not a Nebraska fan, I still think you guys will win. Matter of fact, just made my bet on Bovada, taking Huskers +3.0.

That CU/TCU game could have been a 7-10 point victory for TCU and then the narrative heading into this game would be different. I think your D can punish them physically way worse than what TCU could do, and then just run the ball at them.

I say Nebraska puts up four solid TD drives and wins 28-10.

I think CU may have 10 (or more) by the end of the 1st quarter, the question is, how quickly and how well we adjust.

Reactions: scarletred
I think CU may have 10 (or more) by the end of the 1st quarter, the question is, how quickly and how well we adjust.
they will break a couple long runs, probably for scores. doesn't mean we need to panic. we need to adjust, tackle well and we will be fine. We can wear them down. Might take 4 quarters, but we can do it.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
they will break a couple long runs, probably for scores. doesn't mean we need to panic. we need to adjust, tackle well and we will be fine. We can wear them down. Might take 4 quarters, but we can do it.
I'm not sure long runs are how they will score.. TCU had 20 some missed tackles.. Our D last week was swarming to the ball and tackling well.. Their big plays will be thru the air.. DL needs to get pressure from the get go and our DBs need to be ready

I'm not sure long runs are how they will score.. TCU had 20 some missed tackles.. Our D last week was swarming to the ball and tackling well.. Their big plays will be thru the air.. DL needs to get pressure from the get go and our DBs need to be ready
Lots of people are saying this is a bad matchup but I disagree

Looks to me like strength vs strength when we’re on D and strength vs weakness when we’re on O

Reactions: tjlSker90
My prediction. NU runs the ball 80% of the time for 5+ ypc, over 500 yards and 40+ minutes TOP. White plays a good gameplan frustrating CU. They are who we thought they were.

As long as the coaches stick to the run and don't make sims throw anything that requires more than a simple read.

NU 49 CU 24

My prediction. NU runs the ball 80% of the time for 5+ ypc, over 500 yards and 40+ minutes TOP. White plays a good gameplan frustrating CU. They are who we thought they were.

As long as the coaches stick to the run and don't make sims throw anything that requires more than a simple read.

NU 49 CU 24
They are going to sell out to stop the run, so there will be pockets of struggles, maybe very early. Do we have the discipline to stick with it, especially if trailing by 2 scores? 5+ is a big #.

Looks to me like strength vs strength when we’re on D and strength vs weakness when we’re on O
So the NU down 3 will control any inside run game from CU and get decent pressure.

You don't need to mush-rush Sanders because he hates scrambling.

Reactions: king_kong_
Because they aren’t one dimensional. Didn’t watch the whole game, but my guess is CU didn’t stack the box for most of the game, which I suspect will happen tomorrow.
Unless Sims and/or our receivers are totally inept, we should be able to burn them on a couple of long passes.

This is why I'm so excited for this game. We find out if our D is for real. We find out if O is really that bad. And no one really knows because each team played a decent but flawed team. And it all unfolds with the whole country watching.

Because they aren’t one dimensional. Didn’t watch the whole game, but my guess is CU didn’t stack the box for most of the game, which I suspect will happen tomorrow.
even if they do stack the box, will it work for them? Serious question. Are they built to stop a B1G rushing attack? I watched Wisconsin and Minnesota and Iowa just ram it right at us with the box stacked against them. Year after year after year. We couldnt stop anything. Nothing more frustrating for a fan. I want to be that offense. Not forever, but this year, until we find someone who can throw the ball worth a damn. No, its not sexy, but it beat us for years.

even if they do stack the box, will it work for them? Serious question. Are they built to stop a B1G rushing attack? I watched Wisconsin and Minnesota and Iowa just ram it right at us with the box stacked against them. Year after year after year. We couldnt stop anything. Nothing more frustrating for a fan. I want to be that offense. Not forever, but this year, until we find someone who can throw the ball worth a damn. No, its not sexy, but it beat us for years.
We ‘bout to find out, cuz we runnin

Unless Sims and/or our receivers are totally inept, we should be able to burn them on a couple of long passes.
I envision low to mid 200’s in rushing, around 200 in passing (including a couple over the top). This should get it done if Sims doesn’t throw it to the puffs.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
They are going to sell out to stop the run, so there will be pockets of struggles, maybe very early. Do we have the discipline to stick with it, especially if trailing by 2 scores? 5+ is a big #.
Easy - Teddy is ready, but not going to play whole game in all likelihood. Put him out there as third TE with fb go jumbo and plow their tiny defense

Scott Frost left this program so dismantled. Will take 5 years to recover. Such a horrible situation for Nebraska Football. Just look at the past big games in the last 7 years. How many big games have we won?
CU 42
NU 17

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT