ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine this, but in Red

maplesyrup95

Junior
Nov 26, 2014
12182544_10153299753598691_5534849983698723432_o.jpg

One day, it will happen again for the Huskers. I really believe it. Just don't know when. Here's a thought of why it could happen.

Did fans complain and want Moore and Yost gonzo? Yes. Did they get lucky along the way? Yes. But great teams get lucky Did it take a while to get to the promised land? Almost too long. But did they just win back-to-back American League Pennants and the 2015 World Series? Yes. And finally, did General Manager Dayton Moore complain about being a small market team? Nope.

I'm going to play a crazy yet predictable what if game because I'm a Husker optimist, but as crazy as you think this idea is, what if Sean Eichorst and Mike Riley really do turn this around? As bad as it is losing all of these games (and I hate losing more than I like winning), we logically cannot fire Riley. Shatel said it best, nobody will want to coach here if that happens. But back to my point, it's crazy how much the Huskers and Royals are paralleled. In the middle of America. Great past with championships, but the past is over. It's time to focus on what you have and sell it. Time to start fresh, just like the Royals did in 2006 and on. Gordon. Moustakas. Hosmer. Our program is not dead. We're simply at a low point in our history.

Last edited:
agree that they will have to be similar in that our players will likely have to overcome stupidity from the bench.

Apples & Oranges. The Huskers aren't a team that was less than .500 for 20 of the last 30 years...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT