ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Men’s Basketball

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
Took a better Purdue team to overtime. I rarely complain about calls, but that last no contact foul call on us where the Purdue player lost control of the ball with like 12.5 seconds…that was a dagger. Even the announcers said as much. Horrible call. We would have had the turnover and a chance to go ahead there. Sucks.

There is no accountability. None. Just keep making mind numbingly bad calls and keep your job. Welcome to the big 10.
That erased their turnover to us AND gifted them two undeserved free throws, which they of course hit. FML.

• Angry
Reactions: headcard
Why didn't they get together and call it a jump ball? The ref two feet away knew it wasn't a foul.

The call was obviously terrible. Idk if you can say this loss hurts because we had chances to win. Purdue missed more wide open looks than we did. Edey got their guards open all day long and they had even more chances to blow us out and they didn’t. They surely are not feeling good about barely winning that. Even they know it may have been caused by the refs. Hard fought game and I’m really proud of this team.

The one thing that haunts us more than the refs though- free throws. I cannot figure out how Fred gets these decent free throw shooters to the team and they become unbelievably worse the second they step into Pinnacle. It happens with nearly every single player and has never made sense to me.

Nebraska athletics, so not-clutch. How many combined chances to win did our volleyball and basketball teams blow this week?

The call was obviously terrible. Idk if you can say this loss hurts because we had chances to win. Purdue missed more wide open looks than we did. Edey got their guards open all day long and they had even more chances to blow us out and they didn’t. They surely are not feeling good about barely winning that. Even they know it may have been caused by the refs. Hard fought game and I’m really proud of this team.

The one thing that haunts us more than the refs though- free throws. I cannot figure out how Fred gets these decent free throw shooters to the team and they become unbelievably worse the second they step into Pinnacle. It happens with nearly every single player and has never made sense to me.
We only missed 2 free throws and they missed is shit ton more than we did. It was our D that stifled their offense and caused most of their misses. Again, Purdue just proved that they couldn't beat us without the officials help. We win the game had that phantom call never occured as we had 2 players on their side by themselves when the ball came loose which was the game winner. Officials called that and gave 2 free points to ensure Purdue won that game

Reactions: Clevinger
We only missed 2 free throws and they missed is shit ton more than we did. It was our D that stifled their offense and caused most of their misses.
My bad, we missed 3. 7/10. Tominaga helped going 3-3 today. He’s an exception, and great at the line. Bandoumel 3-3, but you must agree FTs generally have been a problem since Fred got here. Purdue of course got double the attempts at the line…

Reactions: Wyldcard
If this team ever catches fire offensively, this team will become extremely dangerous imo as the D is one of the best in the B1G bar none and it's a suffocating one that caused the majority of Purdue's missed shots most of the game. We held the top offense in the nation to below averages in a few different catagroies as well as held Eady to well below his season average and Walker schooled him quite a bit in the game. I don't think we've seen this kind of suffocating Defense since NeeBrasketball days. It's just a shame Bryce left as he coulda changed our fortunes on the offense this year and he could play D as well.

My bad, we missed 3. 7/10. Tominaga helped going 3-3 today. He’s an exception, and great at the line. Bandoumel 3-3, but you must agree FTs generally have been a problem since Fred got here. Purdue of course got double the attempts at the line…
I agree with you though, those 3 we missed were all front ends and at the critical point of the game. The result there was zero points when you'd like to have 4-5 out of those 1 and 1's. We woulda had the lead and who know what happens.

I agree with you though, those 3 we missed were all front ends and at the critical point of the game. The result there was zero points when you'd like to have 4-5 out of those 1 and 1's. We woulda had the lead and who know what happens.
The first two were front ends of a one and one. The last miss was the first of a two shot foul. Sam made the second one.

Reactions: mgbreis
Nebraska athletics, so not-clutch. How many combined chances to win did our volleyball and basketball teams blow this week?
LOL--I wonder how clutch you were as an athlete. Enlighten us w/ your D 1 career and clutch performances

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT