ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah I get it, they’ll be down to 85 in the fall, but one question…

PeliniTheCrutch

Defensive Coordinator
Jul 4, 2016
Isn’t there some limit to guys you can have on the team in the spring on scholly? Or is there a date before the summer where you have to give like some fake good-faith number? I’m getting old, so I feel like I convince myself about reading something in the past more easily.

Thanks in advance for anyone with some knowledge here.

And yes, I also know it’s tough to get up to 85 in the spring with the fall enrollees not in yet.

No idea, but with the new world of portal chaos, players have the right to leave due to lack of playing time or success, so teams should be able to pull more schollies due to lack of performance or better options going forward. Keep bringing in talent and it will likely sort itself out. Welcome to the new age of college football.

Reactions: bigboxes
How important is the scholarship limit with NIL? Get 10 of them NIL deals matching the scholarship.

How important is the scholarship limit with NIL? Get 10 of them NIL deals matching the scholarship.
Honestly in this day and age, you tell a kid that he can get (a) tuition paid with books and board worth $40,000 or (b) he can get $40,000 in NIL money, I suspect I know which of those options many/most of these kids would take. Now I am older and understand certain financial benefits to (a) over (b) that might not be apparent to an 18 year old. But it does not change the fact that going off scholarship (and the strings that go along with a scholarship) for cash is very attractive to many kids.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Honestly in this day and age, you tell a kid that he can get (a) tuition paid with books and board worth $40,000 or (b) he can get $40,000 in NIL money, I suspect I know which of those options many/most of these kids would take. Now I am older and understand certain financial benefits to (a) over (b) that might not be apparent to an 18 year old. But it does not change the fact that going off scholarship (and the strings that go along with a scholarship) for cash is very attractive to many kids.
Especially if they can qualify for Pell grants etc. Won't have to disclose any nil $ until next year's fafsa

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT