ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers 2.5 underdog to the Illini

Feel fortunate to be within shouting distance. Assuming Walker doesn’t get his 3rd foul while sitting in the locker room, NU still has a shot.

Wilcher has been terrible. We need more out of him.

Griesal needs to make free throws
Wilcher is always terrible at least Tominga contribute when we’re playing at home..

Walker out the majority of the first half really made us get behind..

Just really hard to win when no one can reliably make a shot outside of two feet.

Wilcher has always reminded me of a football player and he’s not very long or athletic. Dainja is completely shutting Walker down. It’s really his 15 points that we’re missing right now.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Never really felt good about betting this one. Glad I stayed off it. Illinois looks a lot more experienced than us right now

Already lopsided, but when you start giving up 2nd and 3rd chance points, you’re officially in a beatdown.

Illinois really creates nice spacing with the ball. That allows for open shots. Our guys just dribble and dribble and never get anyone open. It’s frustrating to watch.
Very True but they also have kids that can hit parameter shots, unlike us..

we should be a bubble team at worst

fred is frost of basketball
They were in foul trouble early in the first half and that had to do a lot how the game been playing out..

This game isn’t all of Fred no more than the Creighton on Ioway games were..

typical hoiberg coached answer after cutting it to ten

need 8 more wins minimum to hit the bubble

regardless of excuse du jour, this is a missed opportunity & the team played like absolute crap at home

Reactions: BetterRed

regardless of excuse du jour, this is a missed opportunity & the team played like absolute crap at home
Yea they did. More worried about Gary being available for the next game..

My God, how many pick-six-like turnovers at the top of the key tonight? Seems like 100.

Are you talking about the NIT bubble? This team has zero chance of making the NCAA Tournament. You have to have quality wins. Unless they can somehow beat Purdue on the road, it ain't happening.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
It's the pattern. For every decent-to-good game they play, you get 2-3 turd sandwiches. I especially enjoyed the 4 points in the first five minutes of the game. I miss James Palmer.

Are you talking about the NIT bubble? This team has zero chance of making the NCAA Tournament. You have to have quality wins. Unless they can somehow beat Purdue on the road, it ain't happening.
they have 1 quality win

10 b1g wins gets you on the bubble like it or not

Losing Gary is a killer on the boards. He’s not a great rebounder, but doesn’t get owned like most of the team.
I think it’s a product of Fred-ball. Too many guards asked to play forward and get boards. It’s been a problem Fred’s entire stint here. Yet we get none of the benefits guards are supposed to offer, like made 3’s and free throws.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT