ADVERTISEMENT

Fourth best class in the B1G

You can be as pessimistic you want. You are negative all the time. But when you throw the we're gonna be there bitch and they are the daddy or how ever you put it. Your post loses all credibility and shows you are nothing more than a troll. And not a very good one at that.
I retract bitch/daddy. That was in poor taste.

I might disagree with that assessment a bit, considering the big names brought in (relatively speaking) along with the transfer portals coming in… I know the portal players don’t factor in to ranking. But this is a class that has a chance to be really good.
You realize this class is number 39 on Ave star ranking? And it has the most mid to low 3* since 2014 which is the scariest part besides the local beat writer hype pumping the numbers. We know statistically this class will not be good across the board. There will be a few like always, but unfortunately we’re playing with fire with so few top prospects. I know it’s normal for us now, but these mid to low 3* is scary.

We’re not anywhere close, lol. OSU and MU don’t have ‘a little more’, they have exponentially more. Dozens of schools. This is private donation… are you nuts? Tell me how NEBRASKA ends up top 10 in NIL money? On what planet, lol? It’s just common sense. We are not a wealthy state. We do NOT have wealthy donors, compared to even average power conference schools.
This is really not logical - NIL money will come for most of these kids from local/state opportunity. In this case I think the devote fan followship and lack of professional sports in NE works in our favor. A kid in Southern California will not have more opportunity to profit from NIL than here. I have seen list with NE listed at #3 certainly NE will be in top 10

Reactions: BleedRed78
You realize this class is number 39 on Ave star ranking? And it has the most mid to low 3* since 2014 which is the scariest part besides the local beat writer hype pumping the numbers. We know statistically this class will not be good across the board. There will be a few like always, but unfortunately we’re playing with fire with so few top prospects. I know it’s normal for us now, but these mid to low 3* is scary.
Why don’t you start a thread entitled “mid to low 3 stars” and then you will never have to post again?

This is really not logical - NIL money will come for most of these kids from local/state opportunity. In this case I think the devote fan followship and lack of professional sports in NE works in our favor. A kid in Southern California will not have more opportunity to profit from NIL than here. I have seen list with NE listed at #3 certainly NE will be in top 10
Nationally relevant teams will attract national NIL deals for their top players

Bryce Young - Dr Pepper

JJ McCarthy just signed a deal with BOSE

Reactions: king_kong_
Nationally relevant teams will attract national NIL deals for their top players

Bryce Young - Dr Pepper

JJ McCarthy just signed a deal with BOSE
Two players - I honestly believe having one or even a few players on a team making big money does not help that team in fact it hurts it. sure you may get the occasional Cam Newton but team chemistry is not helped with a couple of guys getting big money

Two players - I honestly believe having one or even a few players on a team making big money does not help that team in fact it hurts it. sure you may get the occasional Cam Newton but team chemistry is not helped with a couple of guys getting big money
You want the best players and they will cost the most NIL. Chemistry is up to the coaches, but if that's what it takes to get the best, then you pay them.

Rhule and staff just put together a top 30 class that is the fourth best in the B1G. And he did that with a short amount of time and not even a full staff. I remember reading something where Rhule said that when he was on the road recruiting it was apparent that the Nebraska brand is still very much alive. I thought when I read that that it had to be an exaggeration. But it isn't. After six straight losing seasons and seven losing seasons out of the past eight, you would be hard-pressed to find another P5 conference team that could still draw in recruits and transfers the way NU can. No... we are not among the elites in our recruiting. And we may never be. But there is no damn reason we cannot compete for B1G titles year in and year out. There was a time that many of us on here remember that a losing season would have been considered a catastrophe. Heck, a two or three loss season was cause for us to say "what went wrong this year?"

Those days are coming back. And the days of losing seasons are over. I am calling it. GBR!
I remember during the glory days us fans thought we were close to being like a pro team.
Now we have a pro coach with many assistants having pro experience.
Now let’s put a pro team on the field again!!!

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT