ADVERTISEMENT

Fourth best class in the B1G

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Rhule and staff just put together a top 30 class that is the fourth best in the B1G. And he did that with a short amount of time and not even a full staff. I remember reading something where Rhule said that when he was on the road recruiting it was apparent that the Nebraska brand is still very much alive. I thought when I read that that it had to be an exaggeration. But it isn't. After six straight losing seasons and seven losing seasons out of the past eight, you would be hard-pressed to find another P5 conference team that could still draw in recruits and transfers the way NU can. No... we are not among the elites in our recruiting. And we may never be. But there is no damn reason we cannot compete for B1G titles year in and year out. There was a time that many of us on here remember that a losing season would have been considered a catastrophe. Heck, a two or three loss season was cause for us to say "what went wrong this year?"

Those days are coming back. And the days of losing seasons are over. I am calling it. GBR!

i-like-it-a-lot-jim-carrey.gif

Rhule and staff just put together a top 30 class that is the fourth best in the B1G. And he did that with a short amount of time and not even a full staff. I remember reading something where Rhule said that when he was on the road recruiting it was apparent that the Nebraska brand is still very much alive. I thought when I read that that it had to be an exaggeration. But it isn't. After six straight losing seasons and seven losing seasons out of the past eight, you would be hard-pressed to find another P5 conference team that could still draw in recruits and transfers the way NU can. No... we are not among the elites in our recruiting. And we may never be. But there is no damn reason we cannot compete for B1G titles year in and year out. There was a time that many of us on here remember that a losing season would have been considered a catastrophe. Heck, a two or three loss season was cause for us to say "what went wrong this year?"

Those days are coming back. And the days of losing seasons are over. I am calling it. GBR!
From an eternal optimist who has been crushed 7 of the last 8 years (and never learned to view anything differently), welcome back Pennsy!

I have always appreciated your posts, even the ones that were less than positive. But I like positive Pennsy even more! :)

Sometimes it's good to get a small dose of humility once in awhile. In our case we received a huge dose for far too long. I really hope we can get back to respectability pretty quick and then we don't look back to our dreadful past we have all have endured.

I personally think the true dark times will be over in the next few years (2017-2021) next year I hope is a 6 win season. But I think we will be at least respectable by year 2 and from there I think we will finally field a team that perhaps does not win every game but no one really wants to play and after the game even the great teams can be happy that the game is over.

Last edited:

Two reasons we’ll never compete the way we have in the past…

A) it’s Nebraska. It’s a Big Ask for kids to come
B) we’re nowhere near the top 40 with NIL money, and won’t ever be. Elite athletes will go elsewhere.

We may get to a bowl every few years, but this program and this coach won’t be a ‘perennial contender’ anytime soon.

Are we done for the day? I thought there were still some possible announcements coming 🤔

B) we’re nowhere near the top 40 with NIL money, and won’t ever be. Elite athletes will go elsewhere.

We may get to a bowl every few years, but this program and this coach won’t be a ‘perennial contender’ anytime soon.
Where are you getting your info?

A) Got some big time names coming to nebraska
B) I’ve read we are top 10 in NIL

Edit: who really knows on NIL, but I would say we are closer to top 10 than not even in the top 40

Go back to the Iowa board or wherever the hell you came from.

pride goeth before a fall. i think we've made our fall. now it's simply to decide again and commit to humblely develope the good players we have been blessed with.

Reactions: BleedRed78

This recruiting class is a mixed bag - has some high level/immediate contributor prospects and some prospects that will likely never be in the 2 deep. The majority of the prospects will be more in the latter category - but thats to be expected in a transition class like this

Where are you getting your info?

A) Got some big time names coming to nebraska
B) I’ve read we are top 10 in NIL

Edit: who really knows on NIL, but I would say we are closer to top 10 than not even in the top 40
We’re not anywhere close, lol. OSU and MU don’t have ‘a little more’, they have exponentially more. Dozens of schools. This is private donation… are you nuts? Tell me how NEBRASKA ends up top 10 in NIL money? On what planet, lol? It’s just common sense. We are not a wealthy state. We do NOT have wealthy donors, compared to even average power conference schools.

This recruiting class is a mixed bag - has some high level/immediate contributor prospects and some prospects that will likely never be in the 2 deep. The majority of the prospects will be more in the latter category - but thats to be expected in a transition class like this
Piss off you are a giant buzz kill and douche

We’re not anywhere close, lol. OSU and MU don’t have ‘a little more’, they have exponentially more. Dozens of schools. This is private donation… are you nuts? Tell me how NEBRASKA ends up top 10 in NIL money? On what planet, lol? It’s just common sense. We are not a wealthy state. We do NOT have wealthy donors, compared to even average power conference schools.
GTFO. We're chuggin Rhule aid today b1tch.

And that doesn’t include some key transfers. Rhule has worked his ass off.

So you have no source. Got it.

Unfortunately I have to agree about NIL but I think we have enough resources to be very competitive and every few years challenge for a B1G title.

Didnt frost do this same thing...but actually better? lets see results first

GTFO. We're chuggin Rhule aid today b1tch.
Am a fan like the rest of you. There was a time we never missed games, no matter what. It’s just gotten easy to become apathetic about it…

We realistically do NOT have the money to spend on elite athletes compared to other schools. We’re average at best, and no one can refute that. It’s hard to stay optimistic, especially with this coaching hire.

Hope I’m wrong, but numbers/math don’t lie.

That could be said about most recruiting classes!

That could be said about most recruiting classes!
Not true. Transition classes, like this one, historically have a higher attrition and non-contributor percentage than successive classes due to the rush in which the class is assembled. This current class reflects that historical norm

Am a fan like the rest of you. There was a time we never missed games, no matter what. It’s just gotten easy to become apathetic about it…

We realistically do NOT have the money to spend on elite athletes compared to other schools. We’re average at best, and no one can refute that. It’s hard to stay optimistic, especially with this coaching hire.

Hope I’m wrong, but numbers/math don’t lie.

I know this is dated and no doubt has changed, but Nebraska will be ok for now.

Whatever you say, ace.

Winning cures all ills. Even winning six games and making a bowl next season would help reverse the curse. At this point recruits have no idea Nebraska was ever relevant. I know their kindly old uncles insist Nebraska was once great, but seeing some positive momentum would certainly make recruiting easier.

At least 50% of this class was due to Scott Frost's hard work. Never Forget.

Would love to see a list where schools’ NIL potential are compiled… can’t seem to find that one.

For us to be top 25 with no NIL to speak of (according to you) for a first year head coach with 4 weeks of work is pretty darn impressive
I wouldn’t call it a dumpster fire, but it’s still pretty mediocre just from a numbers standpoint.

This class started falling apart on September 11th, a day that will now live forever live in infamy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT