ADVERTISEMENT

Frost Haters

I am in no way a Frost hater but I do believe Frost is his own worst enemy.

His own statements seem to come back and smack him in the face. Let me give you some examples.

(These are all paraphrasing his statements)

1- Big ten teams better get us early cause next year we are going to be good. (said this in year one of the big ten media days)

2- Martinez is one of the best quarterbacks in the country and I wouldn't trade him for any quarterback or any player. (Said this after end of the year season 1)

3- Jurgens will be compared to Dave Remington. (Jurgens is a red-shirt freshmen who has never even played center)

Statements like this give us fans a false sense of how good we are when in reality we are extremely shallow on talent. Are we talent-less? No, but we are not even in the same class with other big ten teams such as OSU, PSU, Michigan, MSU, & Wisconsin. Don't tell me we out recruit MSU & Wisconsin, I agree but our talent isn't developed to where theirs is. Overall talent they are on another tier than us.

I think its better to under promise and over deliver than to give us fans a false sense of who we are as a team. Tell your team in the locker room I am going to downplay who we are to the public but in this locker room I want you to know I believe in you, this way I take the heat not you.

Now because some of these players are not living up to the expectations you set they are catching more heat than they should as 19 year old college kids.

I think when Moos said his expectations is a bowl game this year and he caught crap for that, he will not catch crap if things tank and we only win 6. If we exceed and win 9 than nobody will ask Moos why he undersold his head coach. Always better to under promise and over deliver.

Here we go again... fans acting like HCSF has fooled them with off-season comments?! I posted this in another thread but it still applies... Lets take a look back at some preseason Scott Frost quotes...

Scott Frost didn't include Nebraska in his preseason Top 25 for the Coaches Poll. Says "they've got to earn it."

“We’re concerned about this team. I love the progress this team has made. ... We’re better. We’re better than we were a year ago and the rest of it we’re going to have to earn.”

"We're still a 4-8 team until prove differently."

"We've got a long way to go to catch some teams in our league,"

Regarding your quotes, you should go back and see what was actually said:

1. Actual quote: "We'll see how the first year goes, but people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

(Getting better is relative to your starting position.)

2. Actual quote: “I wouldn't trade our guy for anybody in the country at the quarterback position,” Frost told reporters. “On top of being a great player, he's just a great individual, exactly what we're looking for to run our offense. We're probably going to go as far as he can take us this year."

(Pretty damn accurate.)

3. Actual quote: “This guy can be the second coming of Dave Rimington,” Austin recalled Frost saying, whispering the name of the man with an award named after him. “That’s a big name to throw out, and when he threw it out I was like, ‘C’mon, Coach. That’s Dave Rimington, now.’ ”

(Not a direct quote from Frost and is more directed to Jurgens potential. If you honestly thought that Jurgens as a RS-freshman, and in his first year of playing the center position, was going to come out and be dominant, that is on you.)

Fans need to look at themselves in the mirror and how they approach the preseason hype. Selective hearing and buying media hype is not on the staff.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT