ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule signing day notes

Ok, honestly. Nobody has commented on this yet.

When it comes to our NIL, what the heck is going on? Did we save our money for Raiola? Did Buffet fire off tax relief? Did the Rickets fam put out?

My money was on the Peeds... Good gracious

Reactions: Laner2
This is what your wrote.

"Syncere is not a guy you want leaving if you want talented guys on your roster, but he has had some disciplinary issues. Same story with Fields it appears. Those guys could leave, but it's certainly not because of talent."

When I read that it implies that Safeeullah had disciplinary issues and it is the same story with Fields. So I asked you specifically what disciplinary issues Fields had and you didn't respond to that at all. You could have stated that he had none, but he may be leaving or has already left the team.

So myself specifically, I did call you out on what disciplinary issues Fields had. Also, not sure writing those guys could leave is an actual prediction. I could win the lottery, that is not a prediction that I will.

So now you know the reason for every "good poster's" departure from the board?

One things is certain, your opinion of your posts is overinflated.

Lastly, this isn't an airport, no need to announce your arrival or departure.
This is why you guys never get inside info because you attack the guy who gives it. I had info that the guy had some kind of personal issue and was a flight risk. Maybe it was some kind of discipline issue, maybe it wasn't, I don’t know. I think you're getting too caught up in semantics. I was talking about Syncere in the same stream of thought and he did have discipline issues, and when I mentioned Fields, maybe I should have said "similar" story instead of "same" story with him. I don't know what you guys get hung up on... maybe if you would have asked in a respectful manner, I would have clarified that. But you didn't ask respectfully and when you asked in a rude way, I didn't give info about a discipline issue because I didn't have specific info on that particularly. You would think someone with intelligence could read between the lines on that, but perhaps I was giving you too much credit.

Reactions: arf_man
What’s ironic as well is the notion that people with differing opinions are accused of wanting to silence and eliminate other posters. So what should those people do? Not share their opinions because it’s damaging to the ones who feel like they are being silenced?

Edit: in other words, which posters are trying to eliminate old jar? The only time anyone recommended that was after old jar said he may just take his ball and go home. You paint with a broad brush here… I don’t think anyone is trying to chase him off.
there are a lot of posters who double down on incorrect groupthink warm current opinions instead of even reading others' opinions, much less trying to learn something from their perspective on things

it's cancerous.

but it's also human nature. and things like message boards often cater to the lowest common mouth breathing denominator.

Reactions: maly and oldjar07
Is it really far-fetched to think a freshman can play qb? We’ve seen highly rated qb’s win Natty’s as Freshman, go to the playoffs etc. one could argue the Martinez boys had their most dynamic seasons as freshman and they weren’t close to be the caliber of DR.

He will certainly make mistakes but I think it’s doubtful he will just fall on his face and not be an upgrade to our qb play of 2023.
I hope he does great but fact is its rare -most top rated QB's do not even start

He’s not gonna look, he’s gonna tell you he doesn’t need to defend himself. The proof is on the board. It doesn’t fit his narrative.

For the record, I do think of late he has been a little more optimistic, recruiting posts aside…. But I wouldn’t call him an optimistic poster by nature.
There is a tendency by many on here to view any critic of NE football, no mattter how warranted as overly pessimistic. I think its a defense mechanism as we have sucked so bad for so long. Everyone who takes the time to post here( thats an NU fan) wants to the team to do well. Some however think that the program will get better simply because they believe it will and anything less than full optimism is viewed as traiterous to the cause.

BTW this is not directed to yourself just speaking in general

Reactions: oldjar07
This is what your wrote.

"Syncere is not a guy you want leaving if you want talented guys on your roster, but he has had some disciplinary issues. Same story with Fields it appears. Those guys could leave, but it's certainly not because of talent."

When I read that it implies that Safeeullah had disciplinary issues and it is the same story with Fields. So I asked you specifically what disciplinary issues Fields had and you didn't respond to that at all. You could have stated that he had none, but he may be leaving or has already left the team.

So myself specifically, I did call you out on what disciplinary issues Fields had. Also, not sure writing those guys could leave is an actual prediction. I could win the lottery, that is not a prediction that I will.

So now you know the reason for every "good poster's" departure from the board?

One things is certain, your opinion of your posts is overinflated.

Lastly, this isn't an airport, no need to announce your arrival or departure.
Dog Nut Shot GIF - Dog Nut Shot GIFs

there are a lot of posters who double down on incorrect groupthink warm current opinions instead of even reading others' opinions, much less trying to learn something from their perspective on things

it's cancerous.

but it's also human nature. and things like message boards often cater to the lowest common mouth breathing denominator.
No question, group think exists… That said, if someone says something, I don’t agree with, should I be prevented from posting about my disagreeing? If I don’t agree, I’m gonna express my disagreement.

Like you said, whether its fair or not, the other person needs to suck it up if they want to continue to share their OPINIONS as well.

There are a lot of people I don’t agree with, but I don’t respond because the manner in which they posted was more or less respectful and not contrarian just to poke the other person in the eye.

I’m not ashamed to say that the 3 guys I have gotten into it with more than anybody else are confident posters who don’t give a crap what others think. But if that’s the case, then they shouldn’t be surprised that others don’t see it the same way. You get this better than the other two.

There is a tendency by many on here to view any critic of NE football, no mattter how warranted as overly pessimistic. I think its a defense mechanism as we have sucked so bad for so long. Everyone who takes the time to post here( thats an NU fan) wants to the team to do well. Some however think that the program will get better simply because they believe it will and anything less than full optimism is viewed as traiterous to the cause.

It could be directed at me, and you would be right. No worries, I tend to agree with you. It’s how we view things in life.

I’m a guy that believes in giving others second (and third) chances, to see if they improve. The rope I give is way longer than many others. That doesn’t make me right.

Probably where I end up responding heatedly is when posters either present themselves as know it alls or don’t give the coaches/team a chance to show what they can do. But how long should they get? That’s the problem. My rope is longer than many others, and so I project my timeline on others and shouldn’t necessarily be doing that.

In other words, it’s not always the other poster’s fault. I am at fault too. And yes, assuming we are all fans and not trolling, we all want the same thing. 100%.

Last edited:
No question, group think exists… That said, if someone says something, I don’t agree with, should I be prevented from posting about my disagreeing? If I don’t agree, I’m gonna express my disagreement.

Like you said, whether its fair or not, the other person needs to suck it up if they want to continue to share their OPINIONS as well.

There are a lot of people I don’t agree with, but I don’t respond because the manner in which they posted was more or less respectful and not contrarian just to poke the other person in the eye.

I’m not ashamed to say that the 3 guys I have gotten into it with more than anybody else are confident posters who don’t give a crap what others think. But if that’s the case, then they shouldn’t be surprised that others don’t see it the same way. You get this better than the other two.
The point I was making is that some posters make a personal attack when they view the OP is negative on the program. Disagreement is what makes this place interesting but personal attacking is a very common response.

If I posted that DR has not shown he can throw a hardball out pattern. I would be called an idiot by many :)

What's he gonna say? He's not gonna talk trash about a coach or a position group, lol.
I don’t expect, or want him to trash any position. Really doesn’t have to say anything about the RB Position. It would’ve been nice to get a game changer at that position. The guys that were mentioned are not in that category.

I agree with all of this and wish to silence nobody

Good point our QB room is pretty bare right now unless we pick up a transfer. But college ball is a far cry from high school even for an uber talent like DR
I'm just pointing out that top 5 qbs don't usually go to teams like NU. Would CJ Stroud have started for the Chiefs this year? If really good hs qbs went to bad or mediocre college teams they would start a lot.

This is why you guys never get inside info because you attack the guy who gives it. I had info that the guy had some kind of personal issue and was a flight risk. Maybe it was some kind of discipline issue, maybe it wasn't, I don’t know. I think you're getting too caught up in semantics. I was talking about Syncere in the same stream of thought and he did have discipline issues, and when I mentioned Fields, maybe I should have said "similar" story instead of "same" story with him. I don't know what you guys get hung up on... maybe if you would have asked in a respectful manner, I would have clarified that. But you didn't ask respectfully and when you asked in a rude way, I didn't give info about a discipline issue because I didn't have specific info on that particularly. You would think someone with intelligence could read between the lines on that, but perhaps I was giving you too much credit.
The problem is that you offer opinions as inside information that proves to be incorrect. You’re the boy who called wolf too many times.

I agree that some people with knowledge from players or people close to the program are sometimes ridiculed. I’ve had family working for the football team and close with multiple head coaches and ADs for the past 30+ years. At times some of the things I’ve shared have been discounted and ridiculed.

That said, you seem to pick out a given staff member or player and bash them incessantly. It makes you look petty and diminishes your credibility.

The point I was making is that some posters make a personal attack when they view the OP is negative on the program. Disagreement is what makes this place interesting but personal attacking is a very common response.

If I posted that DR has not shown he can throw a hardball out pattern. I would be called an idiot by many :)
I don't know how many times I've been called an idiot on here by people who refuse to even share an original opinion of their own on anything. It's really more of a reflection on them than anything. I've never felt the need to call another grown man an idiot before, even when I think and know it is true. It's just a childish response because their cozy worldview on things feels threatened by my posts.

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79

It's not new. It was the same way under the last 4 regimes.

Reactions: timnsun
I don't know how many times I've been called an idiot on here by people who refuse to even share an original opinion of their own on anything. It's really more of a reflection on them than anything. I've never felt the need to call another grown man an idiot before, even when I think and know it is true. It's just a childish response because their cozy worldview on things feels threatened by my posts.
You actually call people idiots all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. You accused a poster here of sucking a player’s cock. Your words, not mine. Do you want me to provide evidence? You know I can. So stop pretending.

I’ve largely avoided responding to you, at your request. But hypocrisy is hard to ignore.

• Wow
Reactions: Walleye79
You actually call people idiots all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. You accused a poster here of sucking a player’s cock. Your words, not mine. Do you want me to provide evidence? You know I can. So stop pretending.

I’ve largely avoided responding to you, at your request. But hypocrisy is hard to ignore.
I never do anything like that out of turn, and no I never call posters idiots or accuse them of such things unprovoked. I only do that when I'm attacked or insulted with no justification, and when I hit back, I'll hit back hard. I will admit to that.

I never do anything like that out of turn, and no I never call posters idiots or accuse them of such things unprovoked. I only do that when I'm attacked or insulted with no justification, and when I hit back, I'll hit back hard. I will admit to that.
Hard, like in the way you imagine your fave OSU qb?

So, telling someone to go suck off Gebbia must be a reflection on you. That’s quite the reflection.

So only when you’re being picked on or somebody disagrees with you….

He’s an idiot
That's a reflection on you. And you're the dumbass who can't get over Gebbia which is someone I haven't brought up in 5 years since he transferred, but yet you constantly keep bringing him up for some reason... I guess trying to get a rise out of me? Which most of the time I ignore but you have brought it up repeatedly for no reason at all. It's pathetic and desperate behavior from you. Aren't you the same dumbass who put your wife in danger and yet can't figure out why she's upset with you? You should do some reflection on your life choices.

So only when you’re being picked on or somebody disagrees with you….
Yes, absolutely. I live by the golden rule. I'm never disrespectful to anybody unless I'm provoked or insulted. I'm more than capable of handling respectful debate and have engaged in that as default behavior even when I have disagreed strongly with a person as long as they were respectful.

Seems like people aren't interested in that too often and would rather throw out insults and arguments. If that's the game, I'll throw down too. It's never my choice to purposely engage in that direction, I just respond in kind.

I have been on this board as long as anyone. Oldjar is decent husker fan he reacts when provoked but who doesn't. Now I think I saw a post from Hoboken joe not sure if that's the same guy but his stuff was epic. Also haven't been around much but HTO was always good for some insults as well

I'm just pointing out that top 5 qbs don't usually go to teams like NU. Would CJ Stroud have started for the Chiefs this year? If really good hs qbs went to bad or mediocre college teams they would start a lot.
Yet these teams also have 5 stars all over their offense we do not. I agree he will play as stands right now a lot. How he does is questionable.

I have been on this board as long as anyone. Oldjar is decent husker fan he reacts when provoked but who doesn't. Now I think I saw a post from Hoboken joe not sure if that's the same guy but his stuff was epic. Also haven't been around much but HTO was always good for some insults as well
He’s not the original Hoboken Joe.

Reactions: HBK4life
The original Hoboken was Ritchies dad. He died years ago. He was way crazy on here.

That's a reflection on you. And you're the dumbass who can't get over Gebbia which is someone I haven't brought up in 5 years since he transferred, but yet you constantly keep bringing him up for some reason... I guess trying to get a rise out of me? Which most of the time I ignore but you have brought it up repeatedly for no reason at all. It's pathetic and desperate behavior from you. Aren't you the same dumbass who put your wife in danger and yet can't figure out why she's upset with you? You should do some reflection on your life choices.
I'm not, so, maybe you really are an idiot.

Roughly half of 5 star QBs aren’t successful. I expect Raiola will play well eventually. He’s way more ready than Adrian Martinez was as a 4 star.
Totally agree with that I think I saw a stat where 5 star QB's transfer from original school at a 70% rate. People need to set proper expectations for this young man. I hope he does well but I would prefer ruhle nab a transfer for next season

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT