ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule signing day notes

I’m excited about this class. Not all that excited about this comment: Feel good about the RB position. Hope it works out, glad we have EJ at RB.
What's he gonna say? He's not gonna talk trash about a coach or a position group, lol.

Lol whatever. This is exactly why I keep inside info to myself most of the time.
Here is what I know. Fields was a dynamic player on the field in high school. He played in a big enough class and in a district in Oklahoma where plenty of his opponents were getting recruited. When Rhule and Cooper saw the game film he stuck out like a sore thumb, yet had no P5 offers. Clearly there was something up.

I don't believe he had traveled outside of Oklahoma but just a few times. If I was a betting man, I'd bet he got homesick because he wasn't playing and had a groin injury. That makes as much or more sense than he had a undisclosed disciplinary issue like you inferred. But you continue to rack up the wins in your head and keep that stellar insider info to yourself.

Here is what I know. Fields was a dynamic player on the field in high school. He played in a big enough class and in a district in Oklahoma where plenty of his opponents were getting recruited. When Rhule and Cooper saw the game film he stuck out like a sore thumb, yet had no P5 offers. Clearly there was something up.

I don't believe he had traveled outside of Oklahoma but just a few times. If I was a betting man, I'd bet he got homesick because he wasn't playing and had a groin injury. That makes as much or more sense than he had a undisclosed disciplinary issue like you inferred. But you continue to rack up the wins in your head and keep that stellar insider info to yourself.
If it was disciplinary reasons for his departure we would have gotten the “suspended for breaking team rules” coach speak. He left school and went home. This was some personal issue that Rhule isn’t going to disclose.

Go suck off Gebbia more you douche.

Edit: Oh, that was Lincoln100. All you idiots run together.
keeping up with the kardashians peasant GIF

Point is I was the only one mentioning the possibility of him leaving before it happened. People were disparaging me not because I inferred he had disciplinary issues, but because of the fact that I predicted he could leave. Lo and behold not even two days later it occurred. You want to nitpick and read way too much into everything, that's on you, the point is the kid had issues and was leaving. I knew about this which is why I decided to share, but even then, the only result is I get attacked because of it. Maybe you inferred too much into "disciplinary issues" which was actually directed more towards Syncere in my post.

I have to defend and qualify every ****ing little thing I mention on this board and people wonder why I'm unpleasant. It's because I'm treated with hostility it seems like every comment I make now. This board isn't enjoyable to be around anymore and real discussion is closed off which is the only reason I even post here. All of the good posters that used to post here have been chased off for these exact reasons. People wonder why it's nothing but trolls and old farts here but it's because of these exact reasons, and the board quality continues to go downhill. I'm finding less and less reason to come here anymore.. so, maybe I'll just let you guys enjoy your echo chamber and where you never have to put an original thought into anything.

Point is I was the only one mentioning the possibility of him leaving before it happened. People were disparaging me not because I inferred he had disciplinary issues, but because of the fact that I predicted he could leave. Lo and behold not even two days later it occurred. You want to nitpick and read way too much into everything, that's on you, the point is the kid had issues and was leaving. I knew about this which is why I decided to share, but even then, the only result is I get attacked because of it. Maybe you inferred too much into "disciplinary issues" which was actually directed more towards Syncere in my post.

I have to defend and qualify every ****ing little thing I mention on this board and people wonder why I'm unpleasant. It's because I'm treated with hostility it seems like every comment I make now. This board isn't enjoyable to be around anymore and real discussion is closed off which is the only reason I even post here. All of the good posters that used to post here have been chased off for these exact reasons. People wonder why it's nothing but trolls and old farts here but it's because of these exact reasons, and the board quality continues to go downhill. I'm finding less and less reason to come here anymore.. so, maybe I'll just let you guys enjoy your echo chamber and where you never have to put an original thought into anything.
I agree with your OP that everyone is attacking you for. While I am thrilled with this class the thought of a freshman setting the world on fire at QB just seems to be far fetched. In fact it would be rare. Our offense was inept last year I think improvement is reasonable but vast improvement not likely

Last edited:
here's the real problem, fields was supposed to be like a farley/levante david for NU football...
but instead he wanted to just think about himself and not me...

meanwhile I have to listen to blow hards around the nation who don't even know what Nebraska football is..
all they know is they (insert massive political rant)...and a history of sec cheating...

here's the real problem, fields was supposed to be like a farley/levante david for NU football...
but instead he wanted to just think about himself and not me...

meanwhile I have to listen to blow hards around the nation who don't even know what Nebraska football is..
all they know is they (insert massive political rant)...and a history of sec cheating...
Huh?

Reactions: Landomatic

You might consider stepping away. Could be good for you. Sounds like this may be getting too personal.

I agree with your OP that everyone is attacking you for. While I am thrilled with this class the thought of freshman setting the world on fire at QB just seems to be far fetched. In fact it would be rare. Our offense was inept that year I think improvement is reasonable but vast improvement not likely
Is it really far-fetched to think a freshman can play qb? We’ve seen highly rated qb’s win Natty’s as Freshman, go to the playoffs etc. one could argue the Martinez boys had their most dynamic seasons as freshman and they weren’t close to be the caliber of DR.

He will certainly make mistakes but I think it’s doubtful he will just fall on his face and not be an upgrade to our qb play of 2023.

People nitpick you because you say stupid shit like you would rather have a WR over the #1 qb recruit in the country.

giphy.webp

Reactions: arf_man

This is what your wrote.

"Syncere is not a guy you want leaving if you want talented guys on your roster, but he has had some disciplinary issues. Same story with Fields it appears. Those guys could leave, but it's certainly not because of talent."

When I read that it implies that Safeeullah had disciplinary issues and it is the same story with Fields. So I asked you specifically what disciplinary issues Fields had and you didn't respond to that at all. You could have stated that he had none, but he may be leaving or has already left the team.

So myself specifically, I did call you out on what disciplinary issues Fields had. Also, not sure writing those guys could leave is an actual prediction. I could win the lottery, that is not a prediction that I will.

So now you know the reason for every "good poster's" departure from the board?

One things is certain, your opinion of your posts is overinflated.

Lastly, this isn't an airport, no need to announce your arrival or departure.

I agree this place is an echo chamber and the same people who speak out loudly about a certain recent decision in a neighboring state are often the ones who want to silence and eliminate people with different opinions the fastest

It’s ironic and very funny but you have to fight through it otherwise you’re no better than that quitter chubba purdy

people with different opinions the fastest

It’s ironic and very funny but you have to fight through it otherwise you’re no better than that quitter chubba purdy
I wasn’t ready for it … didn’t expect it … but somehow you threw it in there!!!

Reactions: timnsun
I agree this place is an echo chamber and the same people who speak out loudly about a certain recent decision in a neighboring state are often the ones who want to silence and eliminate people with different opinions the fastest

What’s ironic as well is the notion that people with differing opinions are accused of wanting to silence and eliminate other posters. So what should those people do? Not share their opinions because it’s damaging to the ones who feel like they are being silenced?

Edit: in other words, which posters are trying to eliminate old jar? The only time anyone recommended that was after old jar said he may just take his ball and go home. You paint with a broad brush here… I don’t think anyone is trying to chase him off.

Last edited:
Oldjar getting upset because of people calling him out for some of his opinions is ironic. I get that we can pile on at times but he’s consistently negative about players and staff and it gets old.
I'm not consistently negative and that's BS. Funny thing is, that's the only thing that seems to get attention. I'm actually one of the more optimistic posters here, I've posted plenty of positive things and all I get is crickets.

I'm not consistently negative and that's BS. Funny thing is, that's the only thing that seems to get attention. I'm actually one of the more optimistic posters here, I've posted plenty of positive things and all I get is crickets.
Remind me what all your optimism is about by putting it in this thread.....

Remind me what all your optimism is about by putting it in this thread.....
He’s not gonna look, he’s gonna tell you he doesn’t need to defend himself. The proof is on the board. It doesn’t fit his narrative.

For the record, I do think of late he has been a little more optimistic, recruiting posts aside…. But I wouldn’t call him an optimistic poster by nature.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT