ADVERTISEMENT

Fickel

regoratsginrom

Blackshirt
May 15, 2004
Haven’t really seen it discussed but Fickel opting to go for it on 4th down in OT was a huge ballsy move. They miss that and he’s got people calling for his job. Wish we’d shown the same moly at the end of regulation.

Reactions: FissionReaction
I don't think now is the time to be throwing stones at other programs. Especially ones that beat us.
It’s the truth. And the reality is they beat us and will continue to finish ahead of us in coming years. It’s not throwing stones. Wisconsin might find middle of the pack in the new Big Ten and Nebraska will be battling Indiana for 17th place.

Turning Wisconsin from a power run team to an air raid team, is a lot like Nebraska going from power run/ option to west coast offense. Can Fickell recruit studs at QB and WR year in year out? I doubt he can do it to the level of OSU.
Well, setting the standard at OSU level is a bit tough. No one in thr B1G can hang in there.

When Cincy was on TV I watched them. I just liked what he was doing with the team. I believe he will be successful. When is another question.

Haven’t really seen it discussed but Fickel opting to go for it on 4th down in OT was a huge ballsy move. They miss that and he’s got people calling for his job. Wish we’d shown the same moly at the end of regulation.
Ha! They are calling for his job.

Bad fire and worse hire.

He took it for the winning lotto ticket (Which I don't blame him, I would too), dude is going to be what, 45, 50 years old and never will have to work again.

One of the most underachieving teams in all of CFB. Pre-season Top 25 team and almost unanimous pick to win the west sitting at 6-5. Returned a ton from a great defense, brought in a high profile portal QB, and have one of the best RB’s in CFB.

One of the most underachieving teams in all of CFB. Pre-season Top 25 team and almost unanimous pick to win the west sitting at 6-5. Returned a ton from a great defense, brought in a high profile portal QB, and have one of the best RB’s in CFB.
To be fair their starter got hurt and the backups are terrible.

Their starting RB has been limited all season. Behind him it’s a little sparse too.

Well I can tell you that the fan base in Wisconsin isn’t happy right now. It’s not as much the results, it’s the direction it’s going and the reality of what their proven, power football schemes might turn into.
They never won shit

Fickell has been to heights never before seen by wisc fans - the CFP - with much less at his disposal

We will be lucky to ever beat them. It will never be expected.

Home run hire while trev pokes one through the hole for a stand up single

To be fair their starter got hurt and the backups are terrible.

Their starting RB has been limited all season. Behind him it’s a little sparse too.

They brought in like three portal QB’s. Injuries suck, but their injuries are nothing compared to some teams, like Nebraska.

First years are tough, but he has not been good. And for the same guy trashing our coach 24/7 to turn around and say how great this guy is, is just stupid.

They brought in like three portal QB’s. Injuries suck, but their injuries are nothing compared to some teams, like Nebraska.

First years are tough, but he has not been good. And for the same guy trashing our coach 24/7 to turn around and say how great this guy is, is just stupid.
You are just running your usual prevent defense already

Exact same posts you made for the frost regime

Grow a brain, friend. It’ll help you in the long run

You are just running your usual prevent defense already

Exact same posts you made for the frost regime

Grow a brain, friend. It’ll help you in the long run

You are so full of shit. And propping up the job Fickel is doing while trashing Rhule further proves it. Just a clueless clown. No actual football insights, just “look at me I’m loud and angry”.

You are so full of shit. And propping up the job Fickel is doing while trashing Rhule further proves it. Just a clueless clown. No actual football insights, just “look at me I’m loud and angry”.
cool.

you definitely didn't make these exact posts 3 years ago.

you're right.

Fickell is a good coach and a tough guy.

it's no surprise not one single person expected Rhule to beat him last week.

Happy Thanksgiving. Try not to lose too much sleep over this exchange.

cool.

you definitely didn't make these exact posts 3 years ago.

you're right.

Fickell is a good coach and a tough guy.

it's no surprise not one single person expected Rhule to beat him last week.

Happy Thanksgiving. Try not to lose too much sleep over this exchange.

Weird a per-season Top 25 team, playing at home was favored over a Nebraska team that hasn’t been to a Bowl Game in years. That team was in a good situation and Fickel hasn’t done a very good job with it so far.

And I don’t know what points you think I was making three years ago. That Fickel hasn’t done shit and your love of him is dumb? Maybe I was making that observation about PJ Fleck three years ago to Bruce. Pretty similar deal here with you.

Reactions: BleedRed78
It will be interesting to see how both Fickel and Rhule identify, recruit, and develop talent. Rhule sent a lot of guys to the NFL from his last two stops and that will be the key here too, especially on the lines. That seems to be what Rhule is most “elite” at as a coach based on his track record.

They never won shit

Fickell has been to heights never before seen by wisc fans - the CFP - with much less at his disposal

We will be lucky to ever beat them. It will never be expected.

Home run hire while trev pokes one through the hole for a stand up single
My cousins son was the captain of Fickells CFP semifinal team at Cincinatti. I’m very familiar.

I find it interesting that you’re quick to praise Fickell based on his history while ignoring the fact that he took over a Top 20 team. Meanwhile you’re calling Rhule a bad hire despite a proven history and the fact that he got to us to fairly even ground with Wisconsin in his first year with a team that was picked to finish second to last in the West by the media.

Last edited:
We would of just played for another fg so yeah it was ballsy

44hjv8yw6uz41.jpg

I thought it was ballsy when he lost to NW on purpose to make his season more difficult.

Weird a per-season Top 25 team, playing at home was favored over a Nebraska team that hasn’t been to a Bowl Game in years. That team was in a good situation and Fickel hasn’t done a very good job with it so far.

And I don’t know what points you think I was making three years ago. That Fickel hasn’t done shit and your love of him is dumb? Maybe I was making that observation about PJ Fleck three years ago to Bruce. Pretty similar deal here with you.
You were worshipping at the altar of frost just like you are with Rhule

No difference

Prevent defense

My cousins son was the captain of Fickells CFP semifinal team at Cincinatti. I’m very familiar.

I find it interesting that you’re quick to praise Fickell based on his history while ignoring the fact that he took over a Top 20 team. Meanwhile you’re calling Rhule a bad hire despite a proven history and the fact that he got to us to fairly even ground with Wisconsin in his first year with a team that was picked to finish second to last in the West by the media.
Nobody will ever expect a Rhule coached team to beat a Fickell coached team

Just like last week

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
He took over a 6-6 regular season team that had a losing conf record -

Reactions: king_kong_
You were worshipping at the altar of frost just like you are with Rhule

No difference

Prevent defense

GTFO. I said for years (since the middle of the 21 season) I thought Frost should have been fired. But what I didn’t do was cry like a little bitch 24/7. I chose to still support Nebraska football.

And if I think Rhule can’t succeed here, I will say the same about him. But right now I believe he is a terrific coach that will win here. So I will support Nebraska football, like I’ve always done. And you will bitch about any and every thing you can imagine every step of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT