ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule Is a Coward and a Fraud

No, what’s insane is 7 year without making a bowl game. What’s insane is being 5-3 and not being able to win a single freaking game to get in a bowl. That’s insane. And yes, let’s stop playing like we are asking Rhule to move a mountain. 6 wins with this schedule wasn’t asking too much. Not even close. You’ve been happy with the hire since day 1 and now that it’s proven to be extremely questionable, your playing the blame everything else but Rhule game

Proven to be extremely questionable?. You are an idiot.

And I haven’t “blamed” anyone or anything. I’m just choosing to actually live in reality. It isn’t year 7, it his first year. He has tried to make chicken salad out of chicken crap, with mixed results, but his success won’t be based on grinding out 6, instead of 5 in year one, it will be on actually building a program year over year.

Last edited:
You do realize the let’s be patient bit is old though, right? It’s been said for 20+ years.

I’d agree to “let’s continue to support the team” but I’m not going to over look poor coaching especially when the hires were questionable at first. I’m going to be very critical of Rhule (just like many will be) because we weren’t sold on the guy from the start and appears to be the guy us doubters thought we were getting. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong but it’s yet to be seen. And it looks like it’s going to be a very long winter for the program
Who do you think we could have gotten that's better than Rhule?

People complained last week when we played for a touchdown against Maryland instead of kicking a field goal to go up 13-10 but threw an interception instead.

Now we do the opposite this week and play for the field goal to go to overtime and people complain about not going for the win, something tells me if we turn the ball over going for the win we'd hear much more complaints instead of playing for overtime.

But considering our past record against Wisconsin and our performances in our latest overtime games, going for the win may have been a better option.
I agree. Last night it seemed to me that the players had learned their lesson from the previous weeks. They were not coughing up the ball. I also think last week's Maryland game was different in that there was almost no scoring and the game was at home. Doesn't mean they would not have given the ball up and come away with no FG, but playing at Wisconsin I wish the coaches had given the players a better chance to win the game with one minute to go and all three time-outs. The Huskers odds of winning went down dramatically once the game went into OT.

Reactions: libbity bibbity
People complained last week when we played for a touchdown against Maryland instead of kicking a field goal to go up 13-10 but threw an interception instead.

Now we do the opposite this week and play for the field goal to go to overtime and people complain about not going for the win, something tells me if we turn the ball over going for the win we'd hear much more complaints instead of playing for overtime.

But considering our past record against Wisconsin and our performances in our latest overtime games, going for the win may have been a better option.
You realize they were entirely different situations right?

Reactions: oldjar07
I agree. Last night it seemed to me that the players had learned their lesson from the previous weeks. They were not coughing up the ball. I also think last week's Maryland game was different in that there was almost no scoring and the game was at home. Doesn't mean they would not have given the ball up and come away with no FG, but playing at Wisconsin I wish the coaches had given the players a better chance to win the game with one minute to go and all three time-outs. The Huskers odds of winning went down dramatically once the game went into OT.
We rarely ever win the 4th quarter.. we should have know better in OT. Everyone knows what we have for coaches. It's sad. Everyone wants to say it's year 1, but everyone else can win year one unless you are Nebraska. Bu bu bu bullshit.

We rarely ever win the 4th quarter.. we should have know better in OT. Everyone knows what we have for coaches. It's sad. Everyone wants to say it's year 1, but everyone else can win year one unless you are Nebraska. Bu bu bu bullshit.
FSU took 3 years to get their crap together. Missouri as well.
Texas was 5-7 year one. 8-5 year 2

Everyone else is winning in year one? That doesn't seem accurate.

Do we have a coach on the sideline who can call a timeout?
It's not about the timeouts, it's about running plays more efficiently. Had we had a more experienced QB, we would have been able to take a couple more shots. But then again, if we had a more experienced QB, we probably would have been ahead by 24 points at the end of regulation.

Blah blah blah. Playing with a mash unit on offense, Rhule should be judged by what he does in the offseason. Some changes will be in order for most teams, Nebraska especially. Defense might be tired, I suppose, but they obviously faltered too many times.
Lol

Have you glanced at Nebraska’s upcoming schedule.. we’ll have to be substantially better to post more wins
USC and UCLA don't look super daunting.

UCLA was 3-9 during Chip Kelly's first year.

3-9
4-8
3-4
8-4
9-4

It's not about the timeouts, it's about running plays more efficiently. Had we had a more experienced QB, we would have been able to take a couple more shots. But then again, if we had a more experienced QB, we probably would have been ahead by 24 points at the end of regulation.

We had to call a timeout regardless be ause of the false start.

It was terrible coaching

Everyone else is winning in year one? That doesn't seem accurate.
Even with what has gone down this season, had we played the 2 NC warm up games at home in games 1 and 2, we'd probably be 7-5 to 9-3 now. We beat Minnesota, Maryland and Colorado with Purdy the way he played last night and probably MSU.

Reactions: RedMyMind
We had to call a timeout regardless be ause of the false start.

It was terrible coaching
I'd take you more seriously if I hadn't spent the time that I was 13 years old to 47 years old listening to people like you tell me how terrible the coaching decisions of Tom Osborne were.

Another thing, It's probably pretty certain that since what went on last week and all season, Rhule was probably scared shitless that we'd throw another interception into the end zone at the end of both halves.

Even with what has gone down this season, had we played the 2 NC warm up games at home in games 1 and 2, we'd probably be 7-5 to 9-3 now. We beat Minnesota, Maryland and Colorado with Purdy the way he played last night and probably MSU.
it's a shame Purdy was hurt coming out a fall camp. The season would have gone completely different.

As it is, beat Iowa, go bowling. It will be a much better off-season that.

Reactions: libbity bibbity

They're two different situations, and the coaching staff made the wrong decision in both games.

His shoulder may have still been weak after the rotator cuff surgery.

I think the fans should choose who they want fired and hired.

I mean, running Bo out of town was genius, he only won 9, 10, 10, 9, 10, 9, 9 games in his 7 seasons.

And hiring Frost was genius with his 4, 5, 3, 3, 4, wins in 5 seasons.

Rhule won 5 in first season with a game left, but is a fraud? LOL
Good thread.
Pelini inherited a roster with top 15 talent. Ganz, Suh, Crick, etc.

jeff brohm is 10-1
jamey chadwell is 11-0
UNLV is 9-2
georgia tech is 6-5 with two wins over top 25 teams
fickell and prime both beat our guy head to head

list goes on
Not good marketing to talk about Deion. He’s lost at least half his team. Our OL is slowly improving. Theirs looks like Swiss cheese now.

USC and UCLA don't look super daunting.

UCLA was 3-9 during Chip Kelly's first year. Then 4-8. Then 8-4 in 2021.

I'd take you more seriously if I hadn't spent the time that I was 13 years old to 47 years old listening to people like you tell me how terrible the coaching decisions of Tom Osborne were.

Another thing, It's probably pretty certain that since what went on last week and all season, Rhule was probably scared shitless that we'd throw another interception into the end zone at the end of both halves.
You probably false started because your team was rushing when they didn't have to had you called a time out. That yiu had to hurn antways vecause of penalty. Then you let 20 seconds run before calling a timeout anyways..lol

He chose to play for the tie instead of the win. Not even going tp mention passing up 3 points

Lmao...play dumb all you want

They're two different situations, and the coaching staff made the wrong decision in both games.
So, if we try to score a touchdown and turn the ball over or don't score at all, you wouldn't complain about not kicking a field goal to go to overtime, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT