ADVERTISEMENT

QB Play away from 11-1

RBigredMax

Senior
Mar 23, 2023
So much of the team improved this year in spite of injuries we faced everywhere. HH and Chubba are young and inexperienced and they make young and inexperienced mistakes. At the end of the day - had we had an experienced dual threat on the roster our season looks entirely different. I’m not bashing on HH or Chubba because I’m 100% confident they will be better next year and the year after. The hype around Sims preseason was a huge miss by staff but it is what it is as the staff is trying to put together their first team.

I’m still convinced we are much better team than what we have seen the past 6 years and that is with an unbelievable amount of injuries to both sides of the ball.

I am disappointed with the results this year - but I love our staff and am excited for what is being built. Seeing Lloyd and Coleman making plays and knowing our group is so young - our future is much brighter. Fired up for next year already.

So much of the team improved this year in spite of injuries we faced everywhere. HH and Chubba are young and inexperienced and they make young and inexperienced mistakes. At the end of the day - had we had an experienced dual threat on the roster our season looks entirely different. I’m not bashing on HH or Chubba because I’m 100% confident they will be better next year and the year after. The hype around Sims preseason was a huge miss by staff but it is what it is as the staff is trying to put together their first team.

I’m still convinced we are much better team than what we have seen the past 6 years and that is with an unbelievable amount of injuries to both sides of the ball.

I am disappointed with the results this year - but I love our staff and am excited for what is being built. Seeing Lloyd and Coleman making plays and knowing our group is so young - our future is much brighter. Fired up for next year already.
you are what your record says you are as a team. I do agree that even average QB play would have won us a couple of more games. D gave up some costly long runs yesterday. Missed field goals these last 2 weeks could have won games. Punting at times was not good. Sigh. Lots of inconsistency and room for improvement but no doubt QB is the most important position on your team.

So much of the team improved this year in spite of injuries we faced everywhere. HH and Chubba are young and inexperienced and they make young and inexperienced mistakes.

Both of tbose guys appear to have very low ceilings...I suspect either could play for the next 3 years straight and you're going to see the exact same player at the end of said 3 years. Need to to better....if we take the field with either of those two starting for us next year we're in huge trouble.

I’m certain most every team with losing record feels they are only a good QB away from being a good team.

Or just like Coach sanders says about his CU team leader hey are about 7-8 players away from being great. Truth is all teams are….but will that great QB or the 7-8 players ever come?

Our O-Line couldn’t protect a skilled QB in this conference to 11 wins. But QB error cost us, what 3 games in the last MINUTE this year? More? It’s not just poor skill it looks like poor intelligence. Both sides. Time management yesterday was BRUTAL. Again.

'85 Bears away from a natty!

If we had the 1985 Bears roster in their prime, damn we'd be great! Since the adoption of the 16-game schedule in 1978, the 1985 Chicago Bears are the only team to score 400 or more points while allowing fewer than 200.

Sorry but this roster doesn't go 11-1 with Nick Saban at the helm and Caleb Williams at QB.

I'm lukewarm on the Rhule regime, but we're not doing them any favors by harboring wild fantasies about the talent level they inherited.
Except Iowa went 10-2 with similar talent. Difference is they are well coached and their staff doesn’t do stupid shit like ours does.

Reactions: oldjar07
Except Iowa went 10-2 with similar talent. Difference is they are well coached and their staff doesn’t do stupid shit like ours does.
Iowa's defense is better than NU's - not by a huge degree, but better. Iowa's special teams are on a completely different planet than Nebraska's.

If someone said NU could have gone 8-4 with better coaching and better QB play, I wouldn't argue. Maybe even 9-3 if all the stars were aligned and they got every bounce.

But 11-1? Not happening.

Sorry but this roster doesn't go 11-1 with Nick Saban at the helm and Caleb Williams at QB.

I'm lukewarm on the Rhule regime, but we're not doing them any favors by harboring wild fantasies about the talent level they inherited.
Which of any of our losses other than Michigan would those not have been a difference maker by protecting the ball and cutting TO’s in half

Our O-Line couldn’t protect a skilled QB in this conference to 11 wins. But QB error cost us, what 3 games in the last MINUTE this year? More? It’s not just poor skill it looks like poor intelligence. Both sides. Time management yesterday was BRUTAL. Again.
No way to get 11 wins, but yes qb failures at game’s end the last 4 games led to losing.

Which of any of our losses other than Michigan would those not have been a difference maker by protecting the ball and cutting TO’s in half
Would have had a chance to win all of them, but that doesn't mean they would have. Have you watched this team the past few years? They're not one player away from winning 11 games.

you are what your record says you are as a team. I do agree that even average QB play would have won us a couple of more games. D gave up some costly long runs yesterday. Missed field goals these last 2 weeks could have won games. Punting at times was not good. Sigh. Lots of inconsistency and room for improvement but no doubt QB is the most important position on your team.
^^^^^

Uhhhh....
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic and c3o
They actually did. Calling timeout and letting fatty throw it again was hilariously stupid.
What was the risk? They knew this offense wasn’t going to score. Crap QB, moronic play caller, freshman kicker and a head coach who has no clue how to manage a clock.

What was the risk? They knew this offense wasn’t going to score. Crap QB, moronic play caller, freshman kicker and a head coach who has no clue how to manage a clock.

Let's throw a pick so they can throw a pick....genius.

You do realize iowa went 10-2 with their lame ass schedule, correct ?

You do realize iowa went 10-2 with their lame ass schedule, correct ?
Like I said above, Iowa's defense is a step above Nebraska's and their special teams are light years better. What would Iowa's record be if they constantly lost 20 yards of field position on exchanges of punts?

A better QB definitely improves Nebraska's record, but not to 11-1.

I don't think we were really all that good. We are probably as good as our record. We could have lost some of the games we won. The defense overachieved but the offense probably played at their skill level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT