ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule Is a Coward and a Fraud

Yup. If his golden boy QB done his job we would be at 7 wins and he would be slobbering over the coaching staff. But, be just can't admit he hitched his wagon to the wrong horse.
Rhule & Satt were the horses I hitched my wagon to midyear when we were winning and developing an identity.

wrong horses, indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
The Haaerberg train is over. Get over it.
whatever makes you feel good about yet another L in which we couldn't score to save our life when we needed it most.

biggest moral victory of the season.

can't wait 'til next year!

So, if we try to score a touchdown and turn the ball over or don't score at all, you wouldn't complain about not kicking a field goal to go to overtime, right?
No I wouldn't. I would probably complain about the turnover itself, but that's a different story. It was a moronic decision to leave just 20 seconds on the clock in that situation.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I'll be right here. I'm looking forward to the next meltdown and screen name from you. May I suggest HHisaTE?
very funny!

glad you're in high spirits after last night's moral victory (our best all season).

I'm excited for the future. But if you wanna cry day and night like a schoolgirl sissy about your anointed savior not being good enough to be a QB? Carry on.
happy for you, HBK!

huge moral W last night. one more on Friday and we'll be riding high into the offseason!

the excitement will be palpable! can't wait to see who Rhule and Satt - two guys with exemplary track records with regards to talent evaluation - bring in!

The idea is to improve substantially. Which is why it is silly to be so focused on the first or second game of the first year with a new staff, like nothing will change.
what was different last night than in August?

So, if we try to score a touchdown and turn the ball over or don't score at all, you wouldn't complain about not kicking a field goal to go to overtime, right?
This is the dumbest argument. how about we go for it and score a TD scenario and no complaints. Then we are talking about which bowl we are going to

You probably false started because your team was rushing when they didn't have to had you called a time out. That yiu had to hurn antways vecause of penalty. Then you let 20 seconds run before calling a timeout anyways..lol

He chose to play for the tie instead of the win. Not even going tp mention passing up 3 points

Lmao...play dumb all you want
That's probably the worst writing on a post I have ever tried to read.

This is the dumbest argument. how about we go for it and score a TD scenario and no complaints. Then we are talking about which bowl we are going to
How about the guy is right. If we go for the TD and fail, you're bitching about not kicking the FG, like at the end of last week.

Dude, we were trying to score a TD with no time left and we didn't get it done. Same thing at the end of the first half, but we shanked the FG.

As far as going for it on 4th down ahead 14-0, it was a long one and the chance of making the FG was less than the chance of making it on 4th down. If we'd been 10 yards closer, it would have been a no brainer to kick the FG. Another option would have been to try to punt them inside their 10 and play defense.

Reactions: libbity bibbity
The goal is to improve. You don’t hire a coach and just immediate be what you are going to be.

But know that you honestly do not understand this concept.
I agree the goal is to improve.

have we done that since game 1?

I agree the goal is to improve.

have we done that since game 1?

Yes, in many areas we have improved. Maybe we could have squeezed more out of this depleted team. But I tend to think how the young players develop and how we recruit is probably going to be more telling.

Now I will ask you, even though I think I already know the answer. Do you actually believe that new coaches can improve their team year after year, or do you think you know exactly how successful they will be after a game or two?

Last edited:
Reactions: Laner2
Jesus man! This was a balancing act. Try watching some football and maybe you'd see what happens when you leave too much time on the clock after going ahead at the end of the game when the defenses are gassed. The other team almost ALWAYS comes back to win during that last minute. Look at last week, look at the NFL every week.

Another thing, you don't have Patrick Mahomes out there managing the clock. You have a guy who was the 3rd string QB 8 days ago. A seasoned QB would have gotten things in order to run a couple more plays, but we don't have that now. We also are down to our 4th string RB, WRs who weren't on the depth chart at the start of the season, and minus 2 starting OLs (although one of the OLs not playing now is a plus).

In 1983 and 1995, the years we had our best offenses, the same guys started the first game of the season and the bowl game. Now, compared to the start of the season we have guys who were at the start of the season:

RB - 4th string
QB - 3rd string
WR - 1st String
WR - 3rd String
WR - 3rd String
TE - 1st String
OT - 2nd String
OT - 1st String
OG - 3rd String
OG - 1st String
C - 1st String

It's pretty amazing that they can even gain a yard, and you're bitching about clock management in a game going into OT against a team that was supposed to be, from a talent standpoint, top 25 at the start of the year.
You can’t excuse how he handled the end of that game though. There was no reason not to take a chance and try to get into the end zone at all costs. We should have been playing as if we were down by 4 because we kind of were. I think everyone on this board deep down inside knew that we were likely to lose in OT. Best chance to win was in regulation and he got scared. And now he looks like a fool, because in this situation, he was.

Reactions: king_kong_
Yes, in many areas we have improved. Maybe we could have squeezed more out of this depleted team. But I tend to think how the young players develop and how we recruit is probably going to be more telling.

Now I will ask you, even though I think I already know the answer. Do you actually believe that new coaches can improve their team year after year, or do you think you know exactly how successful they will be after a game or two?
there was a lot of research posted on this very board in 2019 and again in 2021

if it's not happening after year 3, it's not happening at a championship level

back when we hired Rhule I posted that his closest comp was Lou Holtz in terms of resume.

he won his natty 3 stops and 10 years after returning from the NFL.

Last edited:
there was a lot of research posted on this very board in 2019 and again in 2021

if it's not happening after year 3, it's not happening at a championship level

I think I posted something similar recently.

But it is by year 3, not game 3.

Reactions: king_kong_
Mind boggling coaching decisions to let around 40 seconds tick off without calling a timeout. Before you say “ well they didn’t want to turn it over”, think about it. It wasn’t 3rd or 4th and long with 20 seconds left, it was a first down with around a minute left. Plenty of time to reach the end zone even with run plays to win the game!

I honestly believe it was intentional, some vindictive reason behind the scenes as to why you would piss a win down the drain like that. All that grit and toughness shown by the defense to keep the offense in it. Matt Rhule is a coward and a fraud.

Can’t wait to lose to Iowa 13-10 and miss out on a bowl for the seventh straight year. Complete clown show over in Lincon.
Mind boggling coaching decisions to let around 40 seconds tick off without calling a timeout. Before you say “ well they didn’t want to turn it over”, think about it. It wasn’t 3rd or 4th and long with 20 seconds left, it was a first down with around a minute left. Plenty of time to reach the end zone even with run plays to win the game!

I honestly believe it was intentional, some vindictive reason behind the scenes as to why you would piss a win down the drain like that. All that grit and toughness shown by the defense to keep the offense in it. Matt Rhule is a coward and a fraud.

Can’t wait to lose to Iowa 13-10 and miss out on a bowl for the seventh straight year. Complete clown show over in Lincon.

Agree with the mind, boggling, playcalling and clock management at the end. At that point we didn’t necessarily need to just be chucking it into the end zone risking interceptions, but try to run a couple plays at least because we were getting some chunk plays with the runs in that last drive, you’ve got the field goal in your back pocket at least try to score a touchdown

Reactions: dinglefritz
The team knew they were going to lose too, no one has been able to pull them out of that loser mentality yet.

You do realize the let’s be patient bit is old though, right? It’s been said for 20+ years.

I’d agree to “let’s continue to support the team” but I’m not going to over look poor coaching especially when the hires were questionable at first. I’m going to be very critical of Rhule (just like many will be) because we weren’t sold on the guy from the start and appears to be the guy us doubters thought we were getting. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong but it’s yet to be seen. And it looks like it’s going to be a very long winter for the program
The point is, the media and hometown crowd wanted to give Frost four years before they said anything. Certainly, Riley got the benefit of the doubt for nearly his whole time. Callahan, like Rhule coming from the pros got a total pass his first two years because we liked his recruiting classes. Just saying, we all like Rhules demeanor and we like the way he came in. Frost gave us ZERO player development, and he lost one third of all the players he brought in. Frost made Wandale Robinson the face of the team, and when Wandale left no one criticized Frost for chasing him out. Frost didn’t have the balls to say it was his fault, only that he wanted to be closer to home. We even get beat by another BIG team when they used one of Frosts transfers. I’m not taking up for him, but preseason everyone agreed it was going to take time! It will be okay just give it time.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Cracking Up Lol GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT