ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule Is a Coward and a Fraud

BugsAreQualityProtein

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 14, 2021
Mind boggling coaching decisions to let around 40 seconds tick off without calling a timeout. Before you say “ well they didn’t want to turn it over”, think about it. It wasn’t 3rd or 4th and long with 20 seconds left, it was a first down with around a minute left. Plenty of time to reach the end zone even with run plays to win the game!

I honestly believe it was intentional, some vindictive reason behind the scenes as to why you would piss a win down the drain like that. All that grit and toughness shown by the defense to keep the offense in it. Matt Rhule is a coward and a fraud.

Can’t wait to lose to Iowa 13-10 and miss out on a bowl for the seventh straight year. Complete clown show over in Lincon.

I thought the first mistake was Rhule being greedy when we were up 14-0 and he didn't go for the field goal. To me, that moment said, you're going to regret that later. Not sure if it would have mattered, but I didn't think we would win after that moment.

Mind boggling coaching decisions to let around 40 seconds tick off without calling a timeout. Before you say “ well they didn’t want to turn it over”, think about it. It wasn’t 3rd or 4th and long with 20 seconds left, it was a first down with around a minute left. Plenty of time to reach the end zone even with run plays to win the game!

I honestly believe it was intentional, some vindictive reason behind the scenes as to why you would piss a win down the drain like that. All that grit and toughness shown by the defense to keep the offense in it. Matt Rhule is a coward and a fraud.

Can’t wait to lose to Iowa 13-10 and miss out on a bowl for the seventh straight year. Complete clown show over in Lincon.
Gtfo troll go kiss kkk ass

I thought the first mistake was Rhule being greedy when we were up 14-0 and he didn't go for the field goal. To me, that moment said, you're going to regret that later. Not sure if it would have mattered, but I didn't think we would win after that moment.

Would have been a 50 yarder, don't think that was the play.

The Special Lol GIF by The Special Without Brett Davis

The list of offensive coordinators available for what we are paying Satterfield is very long. One of the highest paid OCs in the nation

So Rhule hand picked Satterfield and hand picked Sims. Add in the game management we saw tonight and I’ve never seen a head coach sabotage an entire season like we are currently seeing

I’m not just out here screaming F*** Matt Rhule, I genuinely believe he intentionally screwed over his own team. What coach would be comfortable with this team playing for OT. This whole thing stinks, like he threw the game.
I know. I was yelling at the tv. Call a god damn time out. WTF are you doing. He’s a fraud. Blame Trev for hiring this asswipe.

You are truly retarded

4 losses by 1 possession. We shall see if that improves next year.

The list of offensive coordinators available for what we are paying Satterfield is very long. One of the highest paid OCs in the nation

So Rhule hand picked Satterfield for and hand picked Sims. Add in the the game management we saw tonight and I’ve never seen a head coach sabotage an entire season like we are currently seeing
The last 2 games, in regards to game management, are very concerning. I just want a coach who has a basic understanding of in-game odds/percentages. Is that too much to ask? Or are we destined to onside kicks up 10 and 3&goal passes into the wind with a QB who hadn’t played all year type moronic decisions forever??? Is MR trying to tell Frost, “hold my beer”?

The last 2 games, in regards to game management, are very concerning. I just want a coach who has a basic understanding of in-game odds/percentages. Is that too much to ask? Or are we destined to onside kicks up 10 and 3&goal passes into the wind with a QB who hadn’t played all year type moronic decisions forever??? Is MR trying to tell Frost, “hold my beer”?
With all the situational practice they put the kids through, it makes you wonder if coaches actually sit down and run situational coaching drills with a clock. I doubt it.

Considering the kicker missed the other field goal it probably wasn’t a bad decision. The play they ran was bad.

I am SOOO glad we didn't go after Chadwell for half the money. The dude is a way better fit than our current head coach is. Oh. He's building...Never mind.

Reactions: K_Y_E

Not sure about the fraud and intentional stuff. That sounds a little tinfoil hat. But I agree, the management of the end of regulation of that game was some of the most mind-boggling coaching I've ever witnessed. That was way more than just bad clock management.

Reactions: 90sman
Yep… season isn’t over but as of now he gets an F as a coach. Easiest schedule in my lifetime and this bum may not even get to .500. His talent evaluation is an F.

Can we please man up as a program and hire Gundy.
This Gundy BS again. A coach that has continued to stay in Stillwater not being relevant but he’s the greatest coach ever. 😂

Reactions: BleedRed78

So Rhule hand picked Satterfield and hand picked Sims. Add in the game management we saw tonight and I’ve never seen a head coach sabotage an entire season like we are currently seeing
Scott frost did you dumbass

Reactions: SomedayHusker
I think the fans should choose who they want fired and hired.

I mean, running Bo out of town was genius, he only won 9, 10, 10, 9, 10, 9, 9 games in his 7 seasons.

And hiring Frost was genius with his 4, 5, 3, 3, 4, wins in 5 seasons.

Rhule won 5 in first season with a game left, but is a fraud? LOL
Good thread.

Not first year
Not saying we should fire him - Nebraska has to keep Rhule as we cannot go on with this ongoing coaching carousel. My point is that we have not really made any progress from last year - unless we beat Iowa which I believe is VERY unlikely. Cannot believe that the line is one point.

We fired Frost after five years, give it a rest please. The last two games, yeah we could have won, but didn’t, we were underdogs. With all the injuries we’ve had, we’ve seen improvement through out this team and we will still make a bowl. That was the barn burner with Frost, no sign of any improvement at all from week to week or year to year. We are the best six loss team in the country, well maybe not, but we are the best, most injured, most penalized, most turnover prone six loss team in the country. So we have some bragging rights and that was done without cheating. Finish strong, go to a bowl, and portal hard. After watching the SC - UCLA game, next year doesn’t look as daunting as we thought.

Last edited:
Gtfo troll go kiss kkk ass
Doesn't seem like a troll and has been a board member for awhile. There's more than a few longtime fans who are tired of the shit we see every week with this program going on about a decade now. The type of sentiment seen in the OP isn't exactly unique even among lifelong fans. I have very little trust anymore that the administration at NU knows what the hell they're doing. Then you throw boneheaded coaching decisions on top of that which has cost us multiple games this year. People are tired of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT