ADVERTISEMENT

Carnie Announcement

Why???? Can’t we be big about this?

Pfffttttt!!! Do you honestly think they would be “big” about it if they got him? Go see the Keegan Johnson thread where dozens of Io_a fans infested this board and crapped all over that thread. It’s something they do here on a regular basis. Go visit their board where they constantly post garbage, lies, and spew venom at anything Nebraska related. Their internet fans are pure trash. Fvck Io_a!

Excuse us while we step on your face. Elite tight end class, son!
The question now is can you develop them? I did want Carnie because I thought he could be great at Iowa. TBH, I’d rather get Riley, Helms, and Rairdon over Fidone, Rollins, Carnie. Fidone is special and probably will be a good player but I’m not impressed with Rollins and I doubt Carnie can be very well developed by Nebraska.

The question now is can you develop them? I did want Carnie because I thought he could be great at Iowa. TBH, I’d rather get Riley, Helms, and Rairdon over Fidone, Rollins, Carnie. Fidone is special and probably will be a good player but I’m not impressed with Rollins and I doubt Carnie can be very well developed by Nebraska.

What makes you so sure either one of those three want to be a Herky?

What makes you so sure either one of those three want to be a Herky?
Riley has stated he grew up an Iowa fan. His dad is childhood friends with Iowa’s LB coach. He is quoted as saying Iowa is a dream offer for him.

Raridon is inside info and a strong feeling from out site mod. (He is almost always dead on). But you know things can change.

I really like Carnie. Was really hoping Nebraska wouldn’t offer. He is faster than Fidone and as the article above stated, just starting to develope.

Riley has stated he grew up an Iowa fan. His dad is childhood friends with Iowa’s LB coach. He is quoted as saying Iowa is a dream offer for him.

Raridon is inside info and a strong feeling from out site mod. (He is almost always dead on). But you know things can change.

I really like Carnie. Was really hoping Nebraska wouldn’t offer. He is faster than Fidone and as the article above stated, just starting to develope.
giphy.gif

I know nothing about Raridon I do admit and isn’t Riley only a Sophomore at Bellevue West?

Rollins is a project but nothing is written in stone about him remaining at TE some have speculated that he maybe moved on the other side of the ball..

Reactions: dinglefritz

Just wanted to take a minute to say 'we appreciate you, thanks for not being a Kevin Warren, and you're always welcome on our board'.

Good pick up for Neb. As an Iowa fan I wanted him. Can't blame the kid for playing for the team he grew up with.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Riley and Rairdon now that Nebs TE room is going to be fuller like Iowa's is now.

I would have liked to see him go to Iowa as we have a long history of developing Tight Ends, if Nebraska doesn’t improve significantly in tight end development this kid’s commitment is a waste.

I would have liked to see him go to Iowa as we have a long history of developing Tight Ends, if Nebraska doesn’t improve significantly in tight end development this kid’s commitment is a waste.
you iowa bums really do have nothing better to do than just squat on this board.

you're not welcome, you'll never be welcome. go inbreed elsewhere.

Why do you think that is? What makes Iowa so good at developing TE’s??

Have you had the same TE coach for a long time or is it just a mentality thing where more attention is paid to that particular position?

Have you had the same TE coach for a long time or is it just a mentality thing where more attention is paid to that particular position?
i'm sure the iowa board has all the answers you crave

I know nothing about Raridon I do admit and isn’t Riley only a Sophomore at Bellevue West?

Rollins is a project but nothing is written in stone about him remaining at TE some have speculated that he maybe moved on the other side of the ball..
Riley is a junior.

Brian Ferentz has been working with the TE’s since 2012 and that’s what has really helped them progress. BF really knows what he’s doing with the TE’s, evidence is Hockenson, Fant, Fiedorowicz, Kittle, and Krieger Coble, and Gronk all getting meaningful time in the NFL.

Brian Ferentz has been working with the TE’s since 2012 and that’s what has really helped them progress. BF really knows what he’s doing with the TE’s, evidence is Hockenson, Fant, Fiedorowicz, Kittle, and Krieger Coble, and Gronk all getting meaningful time in the NFL.
@HuskerLove1 leaves the door cracked and all of a sudden we have an infestation

brian ferents is a racist loon and his dad kurt sits upon a throne of mediocrity. all these tes in the nfl, yet none catch more than 4 passes/game at iowa.

hit the bricks & take the rest of the rodents with you

That is a ridiculous player resume.

So Riley will continue to be recruited by some of the top programs in the country and no way has he hit his ceiling yet. I’m guessing he receives offers from the likes of OSU/Bama/ND/USC especially if the summer camp circuit resumes next spring. I’d be shocked if ended up at either NU or Iowa

Reactions: scarletred

Such an idiotic statement. Herky delusion knows no bounds.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Personally, I don't care if Iowa or other teams' fans post on here. It is a free board and I am sure we have fans who frequent others' boards. Whatever happened to freedom?

I don't have to read what they post.
For the most part they don't post stuff any more ridiculous than those on our own board.
I am not required to believe everything they post.
As an adult I get to control how I react to their posts - I can repeat "Iowa sucks" a hundred times or just ignore and read something interesting. I don't feel like I have to talk down to fans from other schools.
Hopefully we can get to the point where we can brag about the present and not the past and facts don't cause us so much heartburn.

Personally, I don't care if Iowa or other teams' fans post on here. It is a free board and I am sure we have fans who frequent others' boards. Whatever happened to freedom?

For the most part they don't post stuff any more ridiculous than those on our own board.
As an adult I get to control how I react to their posts - I can repeat "Iowa sucks" a hundred times or just ignore and read something interesting. I don't feel like I have to talk down to fans from other schools.
Hopefully we can get to the point where we can brag about the present and not the past and facts don't cause us so much heartburn.
iowa sucks

"Facts"
giphy.gif

So Riley will continue to be recruited by some of the top programs in the country and no way has he hit his ceiling yet. I’m guessing he receives offers from the likes of OSU/Bama/ND/USC especially if the summer camp circuit resumes next spring. I’d be shocked if ended up at either NU or Iowa
He very well could. Fidone stayed home with major offers so I’m not sure why you’d be shocked.

For a TE, Iowa is a huge offer. NU not so much. Plays NU hasn’t put any quality players in the NFL in the last 5-10 years outside of David and Suh.
the best TE to come out of iowa in quite some time disagrees.

sad.

For a TE, Iowa is a huge offer. NU not so much. Plays NU hasn’t put any quality players in the NFL in the last 5-10 years outside of David and Suh.

All have started lots of games in the NFL

Suh
Prince Amukamara
Lavonte David
Jared Crick
Nick Gates
Rex Burkhead
Maliek Collins
Will Compton
Luke Gifford
Andy Janovich
Alex Lewis

There are plenty of others that I am not mentioning as they are new to the NFL or are role players like a Josh Kalu, but yeah. NU has put no quality in the NFL...

All have started lots of games in the NFL

Suh
Prince Amukamara
Lavonte David
Jared Crick
Nick Gates
Rex Burkhead
Maliek Collins
Will Compton
Luke Gifford
Andy Janovich
Alex Lewis

There are plenty of others that I am not mentioning as they are new to the NFL or are role players like a Josh Kalu, but yeah. NU has put no quality in the NFL...
Nate Gerry, too, just at first glance

not to mention a former QB who's now a head coach in the NFL.

Ah, the old "You haven't done any of this, except for when you did" argument.

If you take away Tom Brady's Super Bowl rings, he's just another QB that's never won anything.

Ah, the old "You haven't done any of this, except for when you did" argument.

If you take away Tom Brady's Super Bowl rings, he's just another QB that's never won anything.
on the flip side, for iowa it's just 'you haven't done any of this' with zero exceptions.

Agreed TE's at the college level just don't have a big impact in the passing game except in rare circumstances.

Frost apparently disagrees with this guy ^^^

Frost hasn't really used the tight end much since he has been here.. now maybe we haven't had the personnel to use it, but he has also neglected recruiting the TE position until this year. I'm going off the scholarship distribution which shows several years of nothing at the position. So to me, I don't see it as that important for Frost, at least in the past it hasn't been. Maybe now that has changed?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT