ADVERTISEMENT

Carnie Announcement

Frost hasn't really used the tight end much since he has been here.. now maybe we haven't had the personnel to use it, but he has also neglected recruiting the TE position until this year. I'm going off the scholarship distribution which shows several years of nothing at the position. So to me, I don't see it as that important for Frost, at least in the past it hasn't been. Maybe now that has changed?
I think some of that's dictated by what's out there, too.

we've got 3 elite prospects right in our backyard this year. I think we'd be after them regardless of position.

I don't disagree it's not been a priority over WR/RB/OL/QB, however, even if he did sign Hickman, another elite talent in-state, and move him to WR.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I think some of that's dictated by what's out there, too.

we've got 3 elite prospects right in our backyard this year. I think we'd be after them regardless of position.

I don't disagree it's not been a priority over WR/RB/OL/QB, however, even if he did sign Hickman, another elite talent in-state, and move him to WR.

And we took the Rutgers transfer at TE.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Good pick up for Neb. As an Iowa fan I wanted him. Can't blame the kid for playing for the team he grew up with.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Riley and Rairdon now that Nebs TE room is going to be fuller like Iowa's is now.
It's very possible if not likely that one of the TEs not named Fidone ends up either as a jumbo WR or an OLBer. With the kind of speed these guys have they could pose a matchup nightmare with all 3 on the field at once with Carnie or Fidone split out.

Frost hasn't really used the tight end much since he has been here.. now maybe we haven't had the personnel to use it, but he has also neglected recruiting the TE position until this year. I'm going off the scholarship distribution which shows several years of nothing at the position. So to me, I don't see it as that important for Frost, at least in the past it hasn't been. Maybe now that has changed?
One of the guys they had slotted to be a TE they could split wide is going to stay at WR. He's only at 215 now and apparently can't put on the kind of size he needs to play TE. Then we lose a senior after this year to graduation assuming he decides to not play next year with the eligibility waiver. When you look at the roster, we really don't have many TEs on it. I EXPECT Frost to incorporate the TE more and use them more in some sets like TO used fullbacks. I also EXPECT to see more 2 TE sets and maybe even 3 TE sets with the guys we've recruited. It gives you an advantage in the run game and a matchup problem for a defense if you split a guy like Fidone or Carnie out.

It’s Rickchick’s schtick. All he does is make outlandish statements over here.

Don’t take the bait.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
ADVERTISEMENT