ADVERTISEMENT

So my wife chastised me last night….

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
… during the first half of the game…” why are you always so mad when they play? Enjoy the ride” to which I said” enjoy THIS kind of play????”
So I wasn’t going to watch the second half , but I did… she fell asleep on the couch with us about 12 behind and me still being a bit sullen….
45 minutes I woke her up with “ you won’t believe it…. We won!”… her words?
You drive me crazy…

The only reason I watched the rest of that game was because it was on at the bar. Exciting, but I can't watch this team when they play like trash for 1/2 of the game. With that said. The last 1/4 of that game was a lot of fun.

I just dont watch. Partially because I cancelled my live TV subscription already, but partially because I cant take the way they play. I love going to games, and obviously want them to win, but sometimes, watching on TV is just too much.

… during the first half of the game…” why are you always so mad when they play? Enjoy the ride” to which I said” enjoy THIS kind of play????”
So I wasn’t going to watch the second half , but I did… she fell asleep on the couch with us about 12 behind and me still being a bit sullen….
You drive me crazy…
The bigger question is did you get victory sex?

You drive me crazy…
You should be ashamed of yourself. I can't believe you didn't wake her up to watch overtime!

Do you remember when Nebraska (football) was down big at MSU and TMart brought us back for a huge victory? Yeah, I got mad and quit watching and drug my wife to Lincoln to go to Menards. About halfway there she turns on the radio "to check the score" only to hear the broadcast guys going nuts because we won. She looked at me like, "you dumb SOB." A lesson was learned that day.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I can't believe you didn't wake her up to watch overtime!

Do you remember when Nebraska (football) was down big at MSU and TMart brought us back for a huge victory? Yeah, I got mad and quit watching and drug my wife to Lincoln to go to Menards. About halfway there she turns on the radio "to check the score" only to hear the broadcast guys going nuts because we won. She looked at me like, "you dumb SOB." A lesson was learned that day.
Same EXACT story, except for Menards!

With NU Football, I watch every snap to the all too often bitter end. With NU Hoops - I often have to turn it off and just follow the score online. Or, not even start watching- as was the case last night.

First score I saw was 23-8 Wisconsin. Then down 16 at half - I was glad I spared myself. Then, suddenly within 6. Then tied! Maybe I’ll turn this on - oops, down 6 again. Change the channel. Wait - Tied with 40 seconds left and NU has the ball? Turn it back on! We take the lead! Damn, UW ties it and we miss our chance for a win at the buzzer. On to OT. UW takes the early lead - change the channel. NU goes up 4, turn it back….UW immediately hits a 3. Back to the Big Bang Theory. NU goes up 4, then 6 with a minute to go. I think it’s safe - so I watch the final minute.

THAT’S how to watch NU hoops.

With NU Football, I watch every snap to the all too often bitter end. With NU Hoops - I often have to turn it off and just follow the score online. Or, not even start watching- as was the case last night.

First score I saw was 23-8 Wisconsin. Then down 16 at half - I was glad I spared myself. Then, suddenly within 6. Then tied! Maybe I’ll turn this on - oops, down 6 again. Change the channel. Wait - Tied with 40 seconds left and NU has the ball? Turn it back on! We take the lead! Damn, UW ties it and we miss our chance for a win at the buzzer. On to OT. UW takes the early lead - change the channel. NU goes up 4, turn it back….UW immediately hits a 3. Back to the Big Bang Theory. NU goes up 4, then 6 with a minute to go. I think it’s safe - so I watch the final minute.

THAT’S how to watch NU hoops.
Perfect plan!!!!!

Basketball is a game of runs. Very few teams play well for 40 minutes. No one plays well for 40 minutes every game. Nebraska fans are jaded toward basketball for good reason, but many people just aren’t used to watching college basketball. Teams are never static, in game or in season.

I just dont watch. Partially because I cancelled my live TV subscription already, but partially because I cant take the way they play. I love going to games, and obviously want them to win, but sometimes, watching on TV is just too much.
Same here. If they win I watch the highlights on YouTube.

Basketball is a game of runs. Very few teams play well for 40 minutes. No one plays well for 40 minutes every game. Nebraska fans are jaded toward basketball for good reason, but many people just aren’t used to watching college basketball. Teams are never static, in game or in season.
Exactly. First 10 minutes of the game looked terrible but I was like, there's NO way one guy is going to stay this hot and beat us. I just wanted us to get it back to ten, and that took a LONG time.

You drive me crazy…
Jesus man ! Its a college BB game !

You drive me crazy…
YES, I'm the same! My wife doesn't understand sports & such! I stopped watching most Husker football only checking scores! Same with basketball! 😅🤣Hope better days are ahead!

You drive me crazy…
Perhaps she chastised you too vehemently.

YES, I'm the same! My wife doesn't understand sports & such! I stopped watching most Husker football only checking scores! Same with basketball! 😅🤣Hope better days are ahead!
Ditch the bitch asap !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT