ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!!!!

I know this isn't exactly science, but a few things jumped out at me this week. 1. The coaches said they were focusing on ball security this week. That we have turned it over 4 times comes as no surprise at all. 2. Illinois is supposed to have a bad defense. It comes as no surprise that our offense is struggling. 3. We gave out blackshirts. It comes as no surprise that the D is getting run all over.

I have very nearly given up on this team. There is just nothing to look forward to, no reason at all to believe this will improve. That is a really tough place to be as a fan. Frost keeps talking about how we're these great fans, damn it Scott, you're losing the fans in droves.

Reactions: LJhusjer
I openly admit that I didn't realize quite how much roster needed flipped. I thought maybe 70%. It was 100%. Coaching aside, it would take two more years of above par recruiting...then a scheme and coaches to make good on the upgrade. In our situation, I wish the game plan, on both sides of the ball, was about running the ball...and stopping the run. Basics.

This is on coaching plain and simple. People need to stop blaming players for everything. Much of this falls in Frost and his staff.

Ok, so seriously where do we go from here? In the span of a little over 20 years we have fallen from the top of college football, to the laughing stock, to the point of where we are getting boat raced by the Illini! Teams like coastal Carolina and liberty are ranked, mean while we can’t even sniff our own end zone... I’d like to think we have hit rock bottom, so how do we dig out of this deep, deep hole we dug ourselves into...

on another note prayers out to Collin Miller... I hope he is ok and is able to recover

Is Frost really this bad of a coach? I mean, all the evidence points to YES, but this bad, really? This this this bad? We've had bad coaches, we've had bad teams, lots of them, but this bad? There are just no answers any more.

Reactions: Husker4real
I openly admit that I didn't realize quite how much roster needed flipped. I thought maybe 70%. It was 100%. Coaching aside, it would take two more years of above par recruiting...then a scheme and coaches to make good on the upgrade. In our situation, I wish the game plan, on both sides of the ball, was about running the ball...and stopping the run. Basics.

Players do need upgraded, but coaches need it more.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I was replying to Fidone’s tweet .

yes, and we should embrace it. Recruits jumping ship only speeds up the process and makes it far easier to rid ourselves of a terrible coaching staff. Let them leave. They would be stupid to want to play for Frost.

Miller is from near me. I actually played against Hamilton SE 25 years ago in the state tournament. Back before Fishers & Hamilton SE became two different schools.

Reactions: OriginalReej
I just don't understand how you go from playing with OSU for almost a full half and kind of looking like we belonged to start the season, to this.

That's the scary part to me. Our team is not improving like every other team in the country, even those dealing with multiple players lost to injury/COVID/opting out.

I don't think they've given up like they did under Riley, they just don't look like they know what to do.

I think this program is just cursed. Only bad things happen. The second frost stepped foot in Lincoln he lost all his football IQ.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Stop the fire frost bullshit. He isnt going anywhere and do you really think that will help? 5 years minimum. Im not even saying it wil turn around in that amount of time but no legit coach is going to come here with us wanting them fired every 3 years.

Stop the fire frost bullshit. He isnt going anywhere and do you really think that will help? 5 years minimum. Im not even saying it wil turn around in that amount of time but no legit coach is going to come here with us wanting them fired every 3 years.
He’s got some difficult decisions to make.

I agree, he isn't going anywhere, which is why I keep hoping he'll turn a corner, that he'll improve as a coach, but boy, it's hard to see that happening at this point.

Depends on who we would hire.

If you hire another Frost it will stay stagnant. Frost is not it. The faster we get rid of him the faster we get to saving the program.

• Haha
Reactions: donahues17
This is a learning time for the McCaffrey and co. to get a good feel for each other and learn to work as a team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT