ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!!!

A lot of these posts are ridiculous. We had 0 turnovers until the last pass. That’s winning. They will win games going forward. I love all these coaches on this board.
People Been saying that for 15 years now and all the other big ten fans laugh at us. They will win games going forward? Sure like 3-5 per year

Reactions: FissionReaction
A lot of these posts are ridiculous. ****. We had 0 turnovers until the last pass. That’s winning. They will win games going forward. I love all these coaches on this board.
They can't except that Nebraska isn't a good team and must find a scapegoat. Wisky has made us their personal hand puppet so I didn't see a win.

Nobody was hoping for it but it is closer to reality for this program. The frustration is that we maybe win the last couple games with QB play like we had tonight.
I liked Purdy compared to sims definitely and Haarberg maybe with an off season they can find some improvement with him. The Oline is what scares me the most cant run or pass block.

Rhule stopped us from points at the end of both halves with horrible clock mgmt
I agree in the first half but going pass happy in the last drive in regulation was going to end with an INT. I know it, you know it, everyone else knows it. I don’t have a problem with going into OT.

If they didn’t it would have ended like last week and everyone complained that they didn’t set up and kick a FG. Our D didn’t get the stops needed and Wisconsin’s did.

People Been saying that for 15 years now and all the other big ten fans laugh at us. They will win games going forward? Sure like 3-5 per year
I get it. You’re right. But we have a real coach now. Most will say no but they are wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: mutigrz
I agree in the first half but going pass happy in the last drive in regulation was going to end with an INT. I know it, you know it, everyone else knows it. I don’t have a problem with going into OT.

If they didn’t it would have ended like last week and everyone complained that they didn’t set up and kick a FG. Our D didn’t get the stops needed and Wisconsin’s did.

We could have kept running the ball if we had not wasted all that time doing nothing.

They’re second guessing themselves
Yup.

But they figured out that we're not going to score in that situation by throwing the ball and no way we were scoring a TD by running it 3 straight times.

Rhule played exactly like fans have been asking him to. Don't turn it over in the redzone and that means to not throw the ball.

I get it. You’re right. But we have a real coach now. Most will say no but they are wrong.
A real coach that was 5-3 with bunch of soft teams on the schedule and lost them all. This real coach allows opponents to salvage their seasons. 4 win Colorado kicked the crap out of us. How long are we going to witness this? Need to get rivalry trophy with Indiana for 17th place in big ten.

There’s a difference between stupid and scared. Forcing the ball for 7 when 3 would give you the lead is stupid.
But forcing the ball for 7 when 3 gives you the tie at the end of regulation isn't?

We could have kept running the ball if we had not wasted all that time doing nothing.
If you go quick running, and don't convert..........you still kick a field goal but leave them more than enough time to drive for a game winning FG.

This board is so full of Monday morning quarter backs it's ridiculous. It's laughable.

But forcing the ball for 7 when 3 gives you the tie at the end of regulation isn't?
They could have ran. It was 2nd and 3 with like 1:20 left, they only get 1 yard then run it all the way down to 20 seconds.

You take a time out earlier and at least give the offense a chance to win.

My biggest problem is not the last drive, it is how the entire year we are constantly up against the play clock, no matter who the QB is. Just terrible coaching and management. If Rhule keeps his OC then he is digging his own grave.

They could have ran. It was 2nd and 3 with like 1:20 left, they only get 1 yard then run it all the way down to 20 seconds.

You take a time out earlier and at least give the offense a chance to win.
Haha, we weren't going to score by just handing the ball off in/near the redzone.

I thought Purdy played very well at times and the offense did turn the ball over until the last play so those are both positives. D played great at times. 4th down stops were a thing of beauty. Quarterback runs were a killer. Offense went flat for large periods of the night and I think that is on the coaches. I thought I heard somewhere that Satterfield says he does not like the quarterbacks getting in a hurry to snap the ball. He prefers the team to take their time getting into the correct formation making sure the players are set before snapping the ball. They take too long. Why not just get ready, get set and GO! Why does Teddy have ants in his pants? Stop it with your false starts. Wide Receivers still can't get separation, but the young receivers are getting better. Finally I thought it was common knowledge that when a team is on the road they always should go for the win. 3 Time-outs with a minute to go and Rhule and Co. waste 40 seconds. How many of us thought the Huskers would prevail in OT? I am betting not many.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerO
Wow- don’t even know. Rhule better be hitting that portal hard. Also- better check this coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT