ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!!!!

Your conference is slowly dying.
Just brought in 4 excellent PAC schools….best basketball conference in the nation by a mile…soon to add 4-6 very strong ACC schools(once SECB1G cannabilize the top 4-6 of that conference). Conference grows stronger by the year…plays an entertaining and powerfully competitive style of football.

B12 fans are loving it. I actually feel bad for NU…I miss the old powerhouse program. Newsflash….that’s never coming back while you’re in the B1G.

We have 3 and 4 star talent throughout the roster. They aren't coached well. Anybody that's not a clown can see it.
We have similar talent to the middle of the BiG. Not contesting that. Am opining that a) we do NOT have talent anywhere comparable to ANY ranked teams (excluding possibly Iowa, inexplicably) but more importantly b) we could, because we HAVE the money to do so much more, but somewhere along line that hasn’t happened. Yet c) they’re asking for a half Billion dollars to better seat Obese Fans. Have a big problem where our FB program has set their priorities at.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Just brought in 4 excellent PAC schools….best basketball conference in the nation by a mile…soon to add 4-6 very strong ACC schools(once SECB1G cannabilize the top 4-6 of that conference). Conference grows stronger by the year…plays an entertaining and powerfully competitive style of football.

B12 fans are loving it. I actually feel bad for NU…I miss the old powerhouse program. Newsflash….that’s never coming back while you’re in the B1G.
BIG 12 fans are loving it because they do not have to play Oklahoma and Texas anymore. I agree that Nebraska would probably dominate in the new Big 12 and they should go back.
ISU should drop Iowa from their schedule so they can eliminate one of their losses each year as little Matty can't seem to figure out old man Kirk. Iowa's easiest Power 5 game all year was against ISU.

Clock stops. Line up and spike it, and there’s another play left. You anti Rhule people are deranged.

How are you going to possibly argue that having a timeout isn't better than not having a timeout in that scenario? How are you going to argue that a fake field goal wasn't a stupid call in that scenario? Both are coaching and both are bad. Could the scenario you just laid out work if everything gets executed perfectly (which we've never shown we can do)? Sure. Did our coaching put us in a less desirable position than we needed to be in? Absolutely. And it ends up costing us the game. Just like last week. Just like the week before.

You Rhule apologist people are the ones who are deranged.

I
How are you going to possibly argue that having a timeout isn't better than not having a timeout in that scenario? How are you going to argue that a fake field goal wasn't a stupid call in that scenario? Both are coaching and both are bad. Could the scenario you just laid out work if everything gets executed perfectly (which we've never shown we can do)? Sure. Did our coaching put us in a less desirable position than we needed to be in? Absolutely. And it ends up costing us the game. Just like last week. Just like the week before.

You Rhule apologist people are the ones who are deranged.
Shine isn’t very bright. I’d take Mark Twain’s advice and move on..

never-argue-with-stupid-people-mark-twain.jpg

Reactions: Landomatic

Running away to another conference isn't the answer.

Reactions: Wasker77
Nebraska has had more talent on the field than the other team in every game except Michigan. Talent is not the issue.

This is something I’ve never understood and some fanbases struggle with it more than others.

Colleges and their subsequent “schools” , departments, philosophies, disciplines’, etc. are rated on how they perform at the highest level of their profession. I/e: ranked after the fact.

Maybe you don’t know this but, 4 stars and 5 stars still fail at a high rate. You still have to evaluate them.

To pretend Nebraska has as much or more talent than Iowa based on recruiting rankings is pretty typical of a very unknowledgeable fan.

Iowa & Wisconsin as another example, have consistently pumped more kids into the NFL for 10+ years maybe 15+.

I personally think the Iowa coach s greatest strength. Isn’t coaching or “developing“ it’s identifying talent that should’ve been ranked higher.

Lord knows we can’t coach offensive football & to the guy that said he wouldn’t trade offensive personnel with Iowa. I kind of get that. But if you wouldn’t trade TE personnel, then you’re just stupid or extremely proud and biased, which is the more likely case.

And OUR running backs currently I wouldn’t trade with yours either as far as that goes.

Wr, Qb and OL of late, blech!!

But if you think Nebraska is aS talented as Iowa you’re smoking crack, Iowa has 30 kids in the NFL & 10 more on scout teams. You guys have 17 and Iowa will put more in next year than you and more in the next year.

We know talent & defense….offense, not so much 🤷‍♂️

This is something I’ve never understood and some fanbases struggle with it more than others.

Colleges and their subsequent “schools” , departments, philosophies, disciplines’, etc. are rated on how they perform at the highest level of their profession. I/e: ranked after the fact.

Maybe you don’t know this but, 4 stars and 5 stars still fail at a high rate. You still have to evaluate them.

To pretend Nebraska has as much or more talent than Iowa based on recruiting rankings is pretty typical of a very unknowledgeable fan.

Iowa & Wisconsin as another example, have consistently pumped more kids into the NFL for 10+ years maybe 15+.

I personally think the Iowa coach s greatest strength. Isn’t coaching or “developing“ it’s identifying talent that should’ve been ranked higher.

Lord knows we can’t coach offensive football & to the guy that said he wouldn’t trade offensive personnel with Iowa. I kind of get that. But if you wouldn’t trade TE personnel, then you’re just stupid or extremely proud and biased, which is the more likely case.

And OUR running backs currently I wouldn’t trade with yours either as far as that goes.

Wr, Qb and OL of late, blech!!

But if you think Nebraska is aS talented as Iowa you’re smoking crack, Iowa has 30 kids in the NFL & 10 more on scout teams. You guys have 17 and Iowa will put more in next year than you and more in the next year.

We know talent & defense….offense, not so much 🤷‍♂️
Kids in the NFL have nothing to do with the talent on the field today. Iowa has taken less talented kids and coached them to excel, Nebraska has not. Nobody is debating who is developing athletes better, clearly Iowa has a formula to be the brightest of the piles of turds known as the Big Ten west.

It’s not a disservice to Iowa to say Nebraska has better athletes entering the program year after year. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence or ability to look at recruiting rankings can understand the difference between talent, potential, development, and results.

If a school attracts kids with higher ACT, SAT, or GPA than another they would say that school attracts more talented kids. Yes, there is also a ranking of the resultant graduates and their post-graduation salaries and accolades, but that is a result of how the school translates talent into a finished product.

Kids in the NFL have nothing to do with the talent on the field today. Iowa has taken less talented kids and coached them to excel, Nebraska has not. Nobody is debating who is developing athletes better, clearly Iowa has a formula to be the brightest of the piles of turds known as the Big Ten west.

It’s not a disservice to Iowa to say Nebraska has better athletes entering the program year after year. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence or ability to look at recruiting rankings can understand the difference between talent, potential, development, and results.
That’s a fair statement and it didn’t happen under SF that’s for sure..
But Rhule is know for getting players in the NFL…

Ioway gets the majority of their players that play TE in the NFL but have still been one of the worst offenses in the B1G.

Reactions: cmhawks99
That’s a fair statement and it didn’t happen under SF that’s for sure..
But Rhule is know for getting players in the NFL…

Ioway gets the majority of their players that play TE in the NFL but have still been one of the worst offenses in the B1G.
Iowa’s offense is designed to not lose the game, it’s done that to the tune of 3 10 win seasons out of the last 4 full years, it’s done that to grind out win after win in the division successfully.

I’d rather win ugly than lose and win the yardage game.

If a school attracts kids with higher ACT, SAT, or GPA than another they would say that school attracts more talented kids. Yes, there is also a ranking of the resultant graduates and their post-graduation salaries and accolades, but that is a result of how the school translates talent into a finished product.

Thanks for the follow up… Answer yourself this question then how did these two and three star kids of Iowa hit the field in one year or two years if they’re not as good an athlete?

Do you ever follow the NFL combine or the pro days… These kids from Iowa are running electric agility and speed times.

Laporte ran a 4.5 something Jack Campbell is the middle linebacker a 4.58 etc. etc. etc.

You act like Nebraska is the only team in the world taking four star athletes and looking like shit. You still have to evaluate the talent.🤔

Riley Moss, a two star gray shirt ran a 4.45! LaPorta also had very few offers and saw the field as a true freshman!

Thats kind of the point people routinely assume Iowa is “coached up” maybe that’s why they keep underestimating them 🤷‍♂️

Iowa sendS more underclassmen to the NFL than anyone in the Big Ten except for Ohio State, Michigan or Penn State…pretty odd considering their “average athletes”

Poor athletes don’t make the NFL…just sayin. If you want to suggest these terrific athletes, or poorly coached, poorly exposed, and then poorly ranked as a result at the high school level, I can agree with that!

I don’t want any of Nebraska’s recruiting classes, nor do I think Iowa would’ve done better with them. That’s where the rubber hits the highway.

Now, if we were as good at evaluating wide, receivers and quarterbacks, you and us, both would be happy but sadly we aren’t🤷‍♂️

Nah - this is what everyone said Nebraska would be when we got rid of Tom Osborne, Roids, partial qualifiers, etc.. We just didn’t wanna believe it, but I’ve been living the reality of no championships for two decades now, it might finally be sinking to a couple of heads.
This is what happened when Pedersen and his string pullers sabotaged Nebraska football. We will never be the same again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT