ADVERTISEMENT

Yant - I like this kid

SeparateCompassionateGaur-size_restricted.gif

Trim up, get the work in and be a beast this fall.
I like his odds regardless if he trims up or not. He ain't out there to win foot races. He will be in there to murder linebackers and safeties who come up to tackle him in the hole. Imagine the Rutgers game where Dedrick Mills described Rutgers tackling him in the third quarter. I can only hope we see some glimpses of old school Husker football next year.

Trim up, get the work in and be a beast this fall.
i hear what youre saying, but weve seen guys (college & nfl) carry a little extra and still be effective.

Last edited:
i hear what youre saying, but weve seen guys (college & nfl) carry a little extra and still be effective.
Just looked at Dan Alexander’s measurements. He was a big fella, 6-0/245 as a Senior. Held wanted Yant at 235, so I presume he's north of that. Yant is listed on the roster at 6-2/225, but I doubt that is up to date.

Last edited:
I like his odds regardless if he trims up or not. He ain't out there to win foot races. He will be in there to murder linebackers and safeties who come up to tackle him in the hole. Imagine the Rutgers game where Dedrick Mills described Rutgers tackling him in the third quarter. I can only hope we see some glimpses of old school Husker football next year.

I like to see a two back set at times, even if we have to use a TE as a fullback.

Just wondering. Has a walk-on ever won a Heisman trophy?
I guess technically those at service academies aren't on athletic scholarship. And I'm not sure when the Ivy League stopped doing athletic scholarships, but I know they at least don't anymore.

So all of those Army and Navy Heisman winners and possibly the Princeton and Yale winners.

And elite top-end speed...

If I recall correctly, Ben Kelly was an All-Big 12 sprinter in track and field.
Dan Alexander made that run against his home state school. What a size and speed ratio. A specimen. I think his balance wasn’t the greatest and his hands were suspect, if I remember correctly. The talent in Missouri is consistently good or better. If Missouri could secure their borders, they would have a legitimate 1/3-1/2 of its roster with natives. Plus have a better chance to become a regular top 20 team yearly.

Dan Alexander made that run against his home state school. What a size and speed ratio. A specimen. I think his balance wasn’t the greatest and his hands were suspect, if I remember correctly. The talent in Missouri is consistently good or better. If Missouri could secure their borders, they would have a legitimate 1/3-1/2 of its roster with natives. Plus have a better chance to become a regular top 20 team yearly.
*Ben Kelly played for Colorado. Just saying.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Just looked at Dan Alexander’s measurements. He was a big fella, 6-0/245 as a Senior. Held wanted Yant at 235, so I presume he's north of that. Yant is listed on the roster at 6-2/225, but I doubt that is up to date.
But Dan Alexander ran a 4.4 40 at his size, no shit!

I guess technically those at service academies aren't on athletic scholarship. And I'm not sure when the Ivy League stopped doing athletic scholarships, but I know they at least don't anymore.

So all of those Army and Navy Heisman winners and possibly the Princeton and Yale winners.
In the Ivy league if you're a member of a disadvantaged group, an immigrant or in some cases the first of your family to attend college, you go for free. At least you do at Harvard. It's called social engineering. The rest of us poor schmucks pay 70k/year. It's how Amiker assembled a top 10 basketball recruiting class a few years ago. Make no mistake, we would have loved to have Harvard's basketball roster 2 years ago. Two legit big men who could score in the paint and one of them could shoot 3s. They had a point guard who was being scouted by the NBA when I was at their game and he put up over 40. I think he ended up transferring to the ACC last year since Harvard didn't play. He'll likely get drafted this year. The no athletic scholarship deal for men's sports at Harvard and most of the Ivy's is a mirage. Yale had a helluva basketball team the past couple of years also and they weren't all a bunch of rich white legacies. Those kids only get garbage minutes.

Reactions: saluno22
alexander was of rare size and speed.
all north and south, though.
Yep.

If he was on this roster, he'd average 7 yards / carry with that rugged downhill style in the first half of a game, to be followed by 1 carry and 5 swing passes (4 thrown behind him) in the second half while a 160 lb slot receiver gets the bulk of the carries between the tackles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT