ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like

No way. Not in this case. If Rhule is as attached to Sims as some believe, there is no way Rhule starts anyone else against perhaps the weakest team on the schedule. That is a recipe for a controversy he doesn't need.
That is true too.

I don't care what the reason or circumstances are as it pertains to Sims (known or behind the scenes). I just want to see someone else get a shot. If HH sucks then we will know. We sorta know about Purdy after last year. Then it's a matter of he sucks, he sucks and he sucks and Nebraska is in for a long year. As many others said, tear that portal apart looking for a QB and don't forget the bag of cash.

Haarberg has lived with both Fidone and Ervin

did not know that

can't hurt from a chemistry standpoint

I heard Sam McKewon say on a podcast that they need to go back to an uptempo spread offense. He thinks that our OL isn’t good enough to play methodically and move people off the los consistently. He added that because we play slow on offense it makes execution so much more important, obviously they are not disciplined enough to do that. He continued by saying that perhaps Sims tenses up with the pressure to play perfectly and that may be what partially causes his turnovers.

I know some think he’s an idiot on here, interesting take regardless.
So we should speed up the tempo and give opponent more plays and put defense back on the field after a quick 3 and out? Sounds like great strategy 👍 👌 👏

Again, just passing along stuff I get told BUT I have heard and I don't really even know if this is "news" and more than likely everyone knows, so please just know I am simply sharing what I get told.

But I have been told that "it looks like Sims is out for a week or two and HH will be starting"
On the opposite, I had a buddy tell me this morning he was told sims recovering faster and might be available. 😵‍💫

Reactions: SuperBigFan
I don't care what the reason or circumstances are as it pertains to Sims (known or behind the scenes). I just want to see someone else get a shot. If HH sucks then we will know. We sorta know about Purdy after last year. Then it's a matter of he sucks, he sucks and he sucks and Nebraska is in for a long year. As many others said, tear that portal apart looking for a QB and don't forget the bag of cash.
I'm curious if Woche can at least be a game manager? He doesn't have to be Tommy Armstrong or Eric Crouch, but if he can at least maintain possession down the field and get us in the red zone consistently I like our odds a lot.

I don't care who leads this team. Don't turn the ball over and play the guy who gives us our best chance of winning. Period. Just win.
Yeah, if we had a roster choked with 4 and 5 star QBs, we'd be bitching at each other nonstop which was best. Give us ANYONE who can move the ball effectively and help put points on the board and no one's gonna care. That's where we're at.

HH gets his first start in the first game at Memorial Stadium for the new staff this year, in it’s 100 year anniversary when Haarberg’s grandpa helped build that stadium.

Big game coming?
ron-swanson-is-excited.gif

If HH doesn't light it up, will we finally just agree that our QB room is crap, and realize that Rhule isn't insane for not playing him?

That being said, I absolutely hope he does, throws for 700 yards and we win 100-7 and he ends up being the greatest Nebraska QB ever.
All HH has to do is catch snaps. If he can do that and limit rookie style mistakes he will be better than sims. Sims reminds me of Taylor Martinez without the amazing plays to go along with his awful plays.

All HH has to do is catch snaps. If he can do that and limit rookie style mistakes he will be better than sims. Sims reminds me of Taylor Martinez without the amazing plays to go along with his awful plays.
Taylor had amazing acceleration. Sims seems to have above average speed but not the kind of speed that would seem to keep d-coordinators up at night. I don't think I've seen anything amazing out of Sims yet.

Reactions: Truewooper
And yet he outran Colorado's safety, Shilo Sanders, on his touchdown. NFL Draft Scout.com shows Shilo Sanders at 4.58 and Sims at 4.54. I'd say that's plenty fast for a QB.
Exactly. He's got that long distance, long stride speed. Not as much of three burst/acceleration Martinez had. Just looks different, but results can be big.

Remember AM getting chased down all the time on big runs? Sims outran this guy for the long score. He def has the athleticism, and has to have IQ if he was at GTech. But for some reason he's got the yips playing for us moreso than he did there.

Again, just passing along stuff I get told BUT I have heard and I don't really even know if this is "news" and more than likely everyone knows, so please just know I am simply sharing what I get told.

But I have been told that "it looks like Sims is out for a week or two and HH will be starting"
I guess we'll see but maybe that could actually be a good thing.

So he doesn't need to change plays based on the D, or call out blocking changes, or change routes by the WRs at the line, or read the safeties and ends on rushes?

I heard Sam McKewon say on a podcast that they need to go back to an uptempo spread offense. He thinks that our OL isn’t good enough to play methodically and move people off the los consistently. He added that because we play slow on offense it makes execution so much more important, obviously they are not disciplined enough to do that. He continued by saying that perhaps Sims tenses up with the pressure to play perfectly and that may be what partially causes his turnovers.

I know some think he’s an idiot on here, interesting take regardless.
What's causing his turnovers is he can't see the field at even a basic level. Until you somehow fix that, you're going to continue to have major problems with turnovers and moving the ball.

What's causing his turnovers is he can't see the field at even a basic level. Until you somehow fix that, you're going to continue to have major problems with turnovers and moving the ball.
Talked about on Sharp and Handley today that Sims rate of fumbles + interceptions/total snaps was the 2nd worst in the country the last 3 years behind some qb from Uconn. He is the worst this year and nearly double his prior 3 years. So if we can get him back to his average he would still probably be the worst in the country. Insanity.

Nonsense. He threw one pick against Colorado, yes an ill advised throw, but to say it isn't even at a basic level is just dumb. He is hitting on roughly 59% of his throws. Has he thrown some bad balls and made some bad reads, clearly. But to say it is on a basic level is showing a less basic knowledge level of college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT