ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like

I heard Sam McKewon say on a podcast that they need to go back to an uptempo spread offense. He thinks that our OL isn’t good enough to play methodically and move people off the los consistently. He added that because we play slow on offense it makes execution so much more important, obviously they are not disciplined enough to do that. He continued by saying that perhaps Sims tenses up with the pressure to play perfectly and that may be what partially causes his turnovers.

I know some think he’s an idiot on here, interesting take regardless.
The one time we did that I recall a false start when a td would have likely sealed a win against Minnesota.

Reactions: king_kong_
We ran the ball pretty damned effectively up the middle. It would have been just fine if we had taken care of the ball. The only tempo issue we had was we were slow getting the play off a couple of times. I think some of that was communication issues due to the crowd noise. Does anybody else wonder if Deion had crowd noise piped in over their sound system. It seemed way too loud for the number of CU fans in the stands.
Iowa fans claim Nebraska pumps sound in

Reactions: SkerInCo
Really sucks if he isn't healthy enough to start either of the next two games. I was hoping he could settle in and get comfortable before Michigan. He really has seemed like he's just not relaxed. New team, big expectations and big away games.

I think the worst case scenario for the team and the QB controversy is Sims not being healthy to start until Michigan.

Why do Iowa fans need to interject in a conversation they are not a part of? It is so weird, like they are completely unaware of their surroundings.
I’m just saying Iowa fans claim that about Memorial Stadium…and here we are claiming it’s done at Colorado. Is this the company we want to keep? Let’s quit discussing Colorado time to move on.

I'm going to throw 1 cautionary speculative concern into the mix.

We have only really seen HH in the spring games twice and now mop up duty against reserves.

In a couple of spring games, I thought the first one was low pressure and he just had fun and did a nice job. the second spring game I think had a lot more pressure to perform, and he didn't do so good.

I am drawing this concern on a really small sample size, and hope HH plays loose and just goes out there and has fun with his opportunities. He seemed to play better that way, based on the small amount we have seen from him.

We have only really seen HH in the spring games twice and now mop up duty against reserves.

In a couple of spring games, I thought the first one was low pressure and he just had fun and did a nice job. the second spring game I think had a lot more pressure to perform, and he didn't do so good.

I am drawing this concern on a really small sample size, and hope HH plays loose and just goes out there and has fun with his opportunities. He seemed to play better that way, based on the small amount we have seen from him.
His inexperience in general should be enough for all of us to be a little cautious.

I heard Sam McKewon say on a podcast that they need to go back to an uptempo spread offense. He thinks that our OL isn’t good enough to play methodically and move people off the los consistently. He added that because we play slow on offense it makes execution so much more important, obviously they are not disciplined enough to do that. He continued by saying that perhaps Sims tenses up with the pressure to play perfectly and that may be what partially causes his turnovers.

If you don’t think Sam is a an idiot. You are one.

I agree with the concern, but that is what a gamer is and I hope HH fits that mold. I've talked to someone that watches a lot of practices and says although not great, Sims doesn't look near that bad and practice and actually makes some really good throws. Then the lights come on and he tightens up. Sucks for the kid, but we need someone just like you described that just goes out and plays. I hope HH fits that and just goes out and puts his skill set on display.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I’m just saying Iowa fans claim that about Memorial Stadium…and here we are claiming it’s done at Colorado. Is this the company we want to keep? Let’s quit discussing Colorado time to move on.
The only sound we pump in is the idiot who yells "it's third down". We have 90,000+ fans. No need to pump in sound. The point being made about CU was they have a 55,000 seat stadium with a bunch of red mixed in. So people were questioning if 35,000 fans or whatever it was, could make that much noise.

Reactions: dinglefritz
What's causing his turnovers is he can't see the field at even a basic level. Until you somehow fix that, you're going to continue to have major problems with turnovers and moving the ball.

Do college players ever take the Wunderlich test? I wonder if he just doesn't have the capacity between the ears while under extreme pressure?

He can obviously run incredible, no doubt there but the millisecond decision making skills that a QB needs are an entire different level

I truly felt like NU was on the verge of taking that game over right up until the end of Q2... Yes the defense but Gabe was running so solid and I cringed EVERY time he left the field... Had Simms not self destructed into a turnover machine I think the run game would have turned that day into an old fashion ground and pound... especially with how good the defense was playing...

Gabe is the best thing DONU has for a skill player on offense this year...

I agree with the concern, but that is what a gamer is and I hope HH fits that mold. I've talked to someone that watches a lot of practices and says although not great, Sims doesn't look near that bad and practice and actually makes some really good throws. Then the lights come on and he tightens up. Sucks for the kid, but we need someone just like you described that just goes out and plays. I hope HH fits that and just goes out and puts his skill set on display.
Sometimes a starting pitcher just isn't getting it done as a starter - so they move them to the bullpen where they end up flourishing. Not saying Sims is one of those guys but it's possible he'd be better sitting a couple series in the 1st half and getting a different perspective - or even just coming off the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT