ADVERTISEMENT

HH is special. He has the "it" factor.

I guess the Kool aid is flowing.

Honestly I hope he's great, I'd just know what happens when I get my hopes up over the last 20 years.
Again, I am by no means saying he is the second coming of Tommie Frazier or EC. He does exude a confidence and attitude that others will rally around....even when things might get to be tough sledding. He also seems to be able to forget the last play (good or bad) and does not make a bad play worse. He is certainly going to make mistakes. No doubt about it, but he doesn't have the yips.

Hell, my own kid is a good example of what I am talking about. Originally, the push was to turn him into a qb....simply because of athleticism (Freshman year). While he made some great plays, he also could not forget the bad ones. It would turn into five bad ones. Lol. He was just too emotional. He moved to slot, played S on D also....and was a great leader in the locker room. He just didn't have that "it" factor. The other kid did.

The other kid took over at qb the next year. Ironically, their senior year, they sat in a 4th and 12 down by 6 with under a minute left on the plus 40. The kid playing qb was heavily pressured....and threw it up to my kid just beyond the sticks. My kid went up and got it. We later scored, won the district title, won a 4 OT Playoff game the next week, then went on to play for the state title. I hate to admit it, but it's true. None of that happens if "the more athletic kid" is the one playing qb at that time.

Not a ton of kids have that "it" I brought up. All I am saying is that....my kid didn't. That kid did. I believe HH does, too. For everyone that is here that played, I am sure you know exactly what I am trying to say.

I feel like so many forget where HH was on the depth chart prior to Rhule's arrival and of the push to get him to play TE or WR by a number of posters. Rhule shows up, sees the winter conditioning numbers, made comments about his athleticism in the dunk contest, and spoke highly of HH. Rhule saw something in the guy and very early on he was working with the 2's and 1's.
Was he or was he not being recruited.by Sweeney at Clemson at QB? I mean what the hell am I missing here? Ruhle saw something…. LOL,okay….

If you look at the stats HH looks better, but lets keep in mind JS was against a B1G defense and a fired up Colorado team. But when you look at QB rating, turnovers, rushing yards per game, passing yards per game, TD passes a game, interceptions per game, fumbles per game, wins per game, Haarberg is better statistically. But that is not why I think HH should start. It is the little things quarterbacks should be able to do. HH has one sack for 7 yards, Sims had 5 for 40 yards lost. Like Nebraska QBs before him, Sims often stands in the pocket until it is too late. Throw the ball away and live to fight another day. Don't commit fundamental mistakes like running out of bounds so CO can make a FG. Don't look lost even if you feel lost, people lose confidence in you. Make the correct decision on zone reads. Make plays when you absolutely have to. Manage the clock. HH is better at all this IMHO.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Like I mentioned hh has about 10 plays he’s good at running and the opponents are catching on. it didn’t help the oline got it head handed to them my s party’s d line

Reactions: JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT