ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Is Absolutely Worthless

He isn’t enough of a difference maker to keep taking meaningful snaps in crunch time. Reminds me of watching chuck knoblach field grounders when he had the yips. The inevitable fumble is always just 1 carry away…….

Last edited:
I can’t believe what I’m watching. It’s like a sick joke. They are so bad it seems intentional
Honestly it does... This time the defense said screw you ****ers, we just won't let them score no matter how long we got to be on the field. How many offensive penalties did we have? The count doesn't matter, but I am fairly confident they were all offensive penalties.

Edit: 9 of the 10 were on the offense. That should be put up on the wall in the locker room. Followed by "Do your part".

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick.Shaw
Well the whole O is a cluster f. Hopefully One of the other RB step up - who is still healthy?ha

I was right @SomedayHusker

This kid blows
We need much better players on offense. Every position. We need Online that are physical and nasty but don’t constantly commit stupid penalties. Scott’s personal foul penalty was beyond stupid. We need a QB that is more than serviceable at the forward pass. We need WR’s that can actually get open. And we need Ameer and Rex type RBs.
It’s ridiculous how void of talent this offense is.

I was right @SomedayHusker

This kid blows
Lol another unhinged Kong crusade? No way…not at this hour…

ope-disappear.gif

^^Live look at Kong every time HH missed his wide open 6’5 freshman^^

Honestly it does... This time the defense said screw you ****ers, we just won't let them score no matter how long we got to be on the field. How many offensive penalties did we have? The count doesn't matter, but I am fairly confident they were all offensive penalties.

Edit: 9 of the 10 were on the offense. That should be put up on the wall in the locker room. Followed by "Do your part".
All 9 of those were committed by Raiola’s offensive line

Lol another unhinged Kong crusade? No way…not at this hour…

ope-disappear.gif

^^Live look at Kong every time HH missed his wide open 6’5 freshman^^
Unhinged?

Classic someday zero response

Grant pitter patters then heads for the sideline before fumbling

He’s worthless. We don’t need him

Grant is probably our most talented rb, just needs to secure the ball.
It’s clearly a team issue that showed itself in the spring game. Grant just gets more carries. The other guy with 1/3 of the carries had the same amount of fumbles. They all need to work on ball security.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
We need an upgrade at that position for sure. Hopefully Johnson will get better with more playing time and won’t have fumble issues.

Reactions: king_kong_
Grant pitter patters then heads for the sideline before fumbling
Lol Tell me you didn’t watch the game at all without telling me. How many zone read keepers did HH miss when the defense keyed on Grant? How many option pitches did he miss again? Grant is by far the least of this offense’s problems. It’s not even close. Lots of people see that

It’s clearly a team issue that showed itself in the spring game. Grant just gets more carries. The other guy with 1/3 of the carries had the same amount of fumbles. They all need to work on ball security.
Haarberg gets the most carries

Zero fumbles

Reactions: salsa red
Lol Tell me you didn’t watch the game at all without telling me. How many zone read keepers did HH miss when the defense keyed on Grant? How many option pitches did he miss again? Grant is by far the least of this offense’s problems. It’s not even close. Lots of people see that
Not every shotgun handoff is a read

Missed at least two pitches, but also made more than he ever has (improvement)

Grant’s lack of urgency (hesitant, East/west) and lack of ball security are a huge problem when trying to establish our identity as a power run team

With a new OL coach, I think so, too
Still beating that drum. Former players who watch practice say that Raiola isn’t the problem. I have to trust their opinion. FWIW Illinois has two DTs who are probably going to get drafted. Gone are the days when we can expect the Pipeline to win every battle.

• Haha
Reactions: oldjar07 and dpnavy
Still beating that drum. Former players who watch practice say that Raiola isn’t the problem. I have to trust their opinion. FWIW Illinois has two DTs who are probably going to get drafted. Gone are the days when we can expect the Pipeline to win every battle.
Who’s forcing you to trust terrible, clearly incorrect opinions?

Raiola’s only recruit who plays is responsible for shaky snaps and at least 30 yards worth of personal fouls

NINE penalties last night. 7 presnap. The nepotism ship has sailed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT