ADVERTISEMENT

Vomiting in Practice

I'm in a wait and see mode...I hope frost does well, but I understand the villagers have the pitch forks out and are halfway up the trail. I think the players have bought in, the pieces are there, and the schedule is fair.

now it's just a matter of executing..I think frost should be winning 3 games for every defeat...but I spent 20 some years waiting for dr. tom to win a nc...so hopefully reasonable expectations abound

This was literally written like last week:

"14. Scott Frost - Nebraska​

I'm honestly not sure how Scott Frost recruits players. Not only has he been bad on the field in Lincoln, he barely seems to have a personality. While up on stage he didn't put much of an effort into the event and looked bothered the entire time. He gave no opening statement and very short answers whenever he was asked seemingly any type of question."

Which way you guys want it? If you hate Frost, it doesn't matter which version of him shows up to talk, you are always going to clutch your pearls and gasp about something. Stop being little bitches about everything.

How can they be puking this much but Frost hasn’t call it their best practice ever yet? That’s what I’m worried about

We are getting close to having to consider the Joe Biden treatment with Frost. King of cringe at the podium

Yeah I'd be fine with it if we locked him in the Memorial Stadium basement, and let Mickey run things this year

Look at the obsessed iowa losers crawl out of their caves. Quite the irony.

How many players did pos Kirk and his neo Nazi racist buddy put in the hospital?

Dork boy flick and the swiowaliar should probably worry more about getting to band practice and a Huskers Anonymous meeting.

Jeezus people it was fvcking joke.

"He's coaching them hard," Frost said. "I laugh with the guys because there's about probably 15 to 20 vomits every day from offensive linemen. And it's not because they're not in shape. He's just working them hard. I think they love it. He's kind of freed them up to go be aggressive. I love the way they're coming off the ball. We've got a lot of guys up front that I think can play and be interchangeable. Donnie's done a good job of making all those guys better."

Anybody who believes this needs their head checked. Our players are constantly being monitored. If there were any real problems the staff would know.
Scott Lost was part of the strongest and toughest football squads ever. He was coached by some of the toughest guys ever to coach. The fact that he is coming out in year FIVE making these statements versus year ONE is one of the hundred reasons this dude needs to GTFO of leading the Husker program.

• Love
Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
My outrage is because prior to the last couple weeks, the OL was staying status quo.

Rumor is, the puking ramped up when Frost started helping Raiola, and introduced new protocol.

All OLmen being required to have a big chunk of chew during drills. Frost led by example.
Well that would lead to puking if you swallowed instead of spitting

It's football , I'm guessing never played
I played. Larry Frost was my coach. I puked once in a practice. Yes, it happens. I am not naive. But in this day and age of “woke” pussy culture as a head coach you have to be savvy about what kinds of “good ol’ boys” shenanigans you can get away with and those you can’t. This is a day and age where some pundits are even saying football should be abolished due to brain injuries. A day and age of surreptitious cell phone recordings and trigger warnings if your bulge is too evident at the company picnic. The days are long gone when you can just line the practice or weight area with puke buckets and then have at it. My deepest concern therefore isn’t that guys are puking here and there. My concern is that Frost is too arrogant and incompetent to know that you just don’t brag about shit like this publicly anymore.

Last edited:
"Puking! There's no puking in football" I know that is not how the line really goes.

As an aside, I don't ever remembering puking when I played FB but I did puke running the 440 in track and later in life when I ran road races. Not every time but every so often.

We occasionally had kids puke on the practice field but not often, it was rare. So those that imply it is normal, I would say it is not. In some cases it is a combination of hard work and what they ate or didn't eat, especially with HS kids.

So no, I doubt this is an every day - 15-20 kids kind of thing and as I said at the start, it is Frost trying to be kind of cute to emphasize how hard they are working but it kind of backfired in the day of many Karens.

So Scott Frost has stated publicly, almost as if he is bragging about it, that he estimates that there are 15-20 instances per practice of offensive lineman vomiting. He says the players are in shape but that they are just being worked that hard by Raiola.

Sorry coach but this is not something to brag on. It is shameful and the fact that Frost cannot see it as shameful is, sadly, one more indication that he is not fit to be a head coach. He is not fit to be a head coach for allowing this to happen in the first place. And he is not fit to be a head coach since his "better judgement" told him this was something that it was okay to brag about publicly. It shows he is clueless and arrogant. Still. After four years of clueless arrogance.

If we end up having a break out season I will be thrilled. Dancing in the aisles and kicking up my heels. But even if we do, I will still feel disgust in my stomach that this overgrown child is still our head coach.
Pennsyhusker has entered troll status!

He mentioned it on his radio show last night…

Why they weren’t working this hard when he came in is why I question him now..
At the very least, and this is actually a shitty way of looking at it. Frost bitched and moaned that first year about how weak and out of shape the Riley players were.

Throughout college football history, coaches before and since Bear Bryant, Frank Kush, Urban Meyers and maybe a hundred others pushed their players to the extreme and beyond. They found out WHO wanted it, and who was willing to play the price. Those unwilling to go to that level, quit the game or transferred. The thing these coaches had in common is a lot of W's.

Not all hard ass coaches win, and not all keep their jobs.

But, when Frost took over the program he should have found out who wants it and who doesn't. If a lot of kids left, it was not that damaging to an already damaged program. When you rebuild, you have to begin with the foundation. The foundation being, "we are going to work your ass off."

But, like you say scarlet, why now in Year 5 has the level of effort suddenly been turned way up? It has to do with a paycheck and continued employment. When Moos was here, and it was fun and games with no accountability it was acceptable.

When Frost is eventually no longer in the picture, and people list the many things he failed to do in order to give himself and the program a chance to succeed, it will be one long ass list.

In another thread I mentioned the science of supercompensation in athletic training. The premise is: muscles are stupid, they will do what you train them to do. You train slow, they react slow. You train fast, they respond faster.

Everyone is born with a determined number of fast and slow twitch muscles.

You can't increase the number of either you have, through training you break down the fibers and make them them thicker and they grow. I know this to be fact.

In order to achieve supercompensation, you must "trick your muscles" in order to break through physical plateaus. If you do the same mundane exercises you will get stuck in areas where you cannot break through plateaus.

I think we will see a slightly leaner, possibly a better OL athletically, and without a doubt a better conditioned offensive line than we have for quite a while.

The key is going to be to not deaden their legs in the run up to the game and have a bunch of physically flat linemen. The rest and recovery aspect of getting away from the rigors of fall camp is where the actual growth will come from.

Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Pennsyhusker has entered troll status!
Ha. Maybe I have! I clearly do not like Frost. I try not to let it push me into troll status. And maybe I am wrong about this puking thing. But his comments honestly pissed me off as him being his usual arrogant self in public. Furthermore, this isn’t the good ol’ days of people admiring Bear Bryant style abuse in practices. Players do die from shit like this. Back in the day nobody gave a f$ck about concussions either. Now where are we on that issue in terms of greater knowledge about their dangers? If Frost is not exaggerating for effect, then having 15-20 of your 300 pound players puking at every practice is not a good thing. Sorry… it isn’t. Puking during workouts is part of any sport. But it should not be something every single one of your offensive linemen does at every single practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
This is classic...

We jerkoff when the "old players" talk about puking, fighting, swearing and hazing...beating the shit out of freshmen, hitting dudes after the whistle...

Reactions: BleedRed78
i have vivid memories of an O lineman a year older than me who was really really strong, but super out of shape and basically worthless at football because of it. He would puke so much at practice, he just stopped bending over and it just came out like he was spitting. Helmet on, puke through the facemask, whenever, wherever. Super gross.

• Love
Reactions: Laner2
i have vivid memories of an O lineman a year older than me who was really really strong, but super out of shape and basically worthless at football because of it. He would puke so much at practice, he just stopped bending over and it just came out like he was spitting. Helmet on, puke through the facemask, whenever, wherever. Super gross.
I also played with a kid who for whatever reason made puking his calling card

real gross

I don't find it either good or bad. I do though find it humorous that the head coach has to brag about puking to impress the fans. C'mon, really can't he find something more substantive to talk about on his radio show.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT