ADVERTISEMENT

CBB Coaching Info

BTF69

Senior
Oct 18, 2023
Not mine but this is from a dude that posts stuff with crazy inside info. Anything in the () is mine. Not that anyone cares but I was bored.

Ohio State: Greg McDermott: (President and AD are not Mac fans and vice versa. The OSU AD and Mac don't like each other but he is retiring so...)

Indiana: Dusty May: (Makes sense)

Michigan: Wes Miller (This just means Oates told them no)

Memphis: Will Wade (Literally the most perfect fit ever)

Vanderbilt: Chris Mack (would be a HUGE get)

Louisville: Lamont Paris (nice hire)

Washington: Mark Pope (I think he is a PNW guy?)

Oklahoma State: Darrian Devries (Ehhhh, not sure what to think)

Stanford: Joe Pasternack (this dude has 9 lives)

Oregon State: Danny Sprinkle (who cares but his last name rhymes with the current coaches last name)

Arizona State: Eric Musselman (Hate his job and the boosters hate him)

DePaul: Bobby Hurley (Perfect fit, annoying coach for an annoying job)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Texas will probably open, that changes or can change a few things. Tang to Texas could happen.

Interesting list. My guess is Ohio State outbids Indiana for Dusty May. I think McDermott would be crazy to take the Ohio State job. No doubt it would be more money, but the expectations would be exponentially higher and the local media would not love him unconditionally like in Omaha.

I don’t expect quite that much turnover in the group formerly known as the PAC 12, but at least a couple of those guys will be let go. If Hurley is one of them, I think he would sit out a year or two rather than settle for DePaul. That job is just a graveyard.

Reactions: king_kong_
Interesting list. My guess is Ohio State outbids Indiana for Dusty May. I think McDermott would be crazy to take the Ohio State job. No doubt it would be more money, but the expectations would be exponentially higher and the local media would not love him unconditionally like in Omaha.

I don’t expect quite that much turnover in the group formerly known as the PAC 12, but at least a couple of those guys will be let go. If Hurley is one of them, I think he would sit out a year or two rather than settle for DePaul. That job is just a graveyard.
Does CU lose a lot of guys after this year? Maybe that is something?

Does CU lose a lot of guys after this year? Maybe that is something?
They do lose quite a few. Scheiermann is done for sure, and I assume the 42-year-old PG who transferred in from Utah State is done. Kalkbrenner is a senior but could stay for a COVID year. Alexander is a junior and I would expect him to stay. He could certainly go to Europe or find a spot in the G-League, but I would be surprised to see him get drafted. I think he will be one of those guys that tests the NBA draft waters but then withdraws - but that's just a wild guess.

They do lose quite a few. Scheiermann is done for sure, and I assume the 42-year-old PG who transferred in from Utah State is done. Kalkbrenner is a senior but could stay for a COVID year. Alexander is a junior and I would expect him to stay. He could certainly go to Europe or find a spot in the G-League, but I would be surprised to see him get drafted. I think he will be one of those guys that tests the NBA draft waters but then withdraws - but that's just a wild guess.
Covid is still a thing for next year?????
I thought it was done after this season. My god.

How things have changed. This is what the typical Junior looks like now.
confused nick nolte GIF

I think it is, for one more year. Kalkbrenner was a freshman in the "season that didn't count" - so I think he could come back. Not 100% sure, though.

I think it is, for one more year. Kalkbrenner was a freshman in the "season that didn't count" - so I think he could come back. Not 100% sure, though.
I think that would be correct then!

So the FB covid guys should be done, right?

I think Alexander was projected last 1st round before coming back. Im not sure how that works though. I assume 1st round picks can also be G league guys as well

I think Alexander was projected last 1st round before coming back. Im not sure how that works though. I assume 1st round picks can also be G league guys as well
The G league is going to be destroyed by NIL. Nobody watches it. I found this hard to believe but Callahan said yesterday that basically all the transfers that Hoiberg brought in this year are making over 100k, including Allick..He said G league players make 40k. Would have to think Trey Alexander makes at least 100.

Really? I love Alexander and I think he has a chance to stick in the NBA as a tweener combo guard. But I can’t see him going in the first round. I could be wrong, of course.

Ehhh, more than likely none of these guys are making the NBA. It is a league filled with freaks. Long, tall, shooters,

no chance for most.

Ehhh, more than likely none of these guys are making the NBA. It is a league filled with freaks. Long, tall, shooters,

no chance for most.
I tend to agree with you, but I think Alexander could stick in the right situation. I mean, this is also a league where T.J. McConnell and Alex Caruso have had long careers. Not as stars, but as very well-paid role players.

Yeah, but isn't he crazy long, can dribble and shoot?
Yeah Banton has body type that NBA teams will be patient with, and try to develop. Alexander won't be on that kind of leash, but if he could fill a bench role for some team right away, then he could get a few years in.

That makes sense...unless Okie State opens first and gives him a nice deal??
I would think IF McDermott was going to OSU that he would let DeVries know about it then DeVries can wait until Creighton season over and announced.

I would think IF McDermott was going to OSU that he would let DeVries know about it then DeVries can wait until Creighton season over and announced.
Could be!

Unless Okie State opens first and he has to decided before CU opens.

I'm thinking a bigger name program will pull Kyle Smith away from Washington State at season's end. Frumpy guy in his mid-50s who looks like he showed up to fix your washing machine, but he has the Cougars playing really well. Sitting on top of the Pac-12 right now after taking down Arizona in Tucson.

Could be!

Unless Okie State opens first and he has to decided before CU opens.
I’d think McDermott already knows if he’s going to OSU or not. Either way wouldn’t be the first time a coach took a job only to leave it a few days later. Heck look at Dana Altman and Arkansas

I’d think McDermott already knows if he’s going to OSU or not. Either way wouldn’t be the first time a coach took a job only to leave it a few days later. Heck look at Dana Altman and Arkansas
True dat!

He is going anywhere.he has a good job good money.good conference. Basically no pressure to win . He would got 2 out of 3 at OSU .

I don't understand the appeal of Sean Miller. Seems like he always underachieved at Arizona with the amount of talent they had.

Lamont Paris would seem like the logical choice for Ohio State. Ohio native who has done an incredible job at South Carolina.

Reactions: V-Doub
I don't understand the appeal of Sean Miller. Seems like he always underachieved at Arizona with the amount of talent they had.

Lamont Paris would seem like the logical choice for Ohio State. Ohio native who has done an incredible job at South Carolina.
I am sort of with you on this BUT he has made like 4 EE's I think?

I LOVE ME some Lamont Paris though.

Sean Miller will get dudes to play for him wherever he goes, that’s the appeal. His coaching is suspect but he’ll easily elevate the talent level on that roster at OSU. And with no rules anymore and shady recruiting tactics, he’ll pull top talent in there.

Sean Miller will get dudes to play for him wherever he goes, that’s the appeal. His coaching is suspect but he’ll easily elevate the talent level on that roster at OSU. And with no rules anymore and shady recruiting tactics, he’ll pull top talent in there.
That is probably the key...Sean tends to get who he wants.

There is pressure to win at Creighton. If McDermott had 2 losing seasons in a row I think he’d be gone. But yes the pressure is less than OSU yeah

We really don't know to what extent that preasure is to be realz...cause he always wins so we never have a chance to test the actual theory.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT