ADVERTISEMENT

Vomiting in Practice

I shudder to think what would happen if we went to war with China and were actually defending our homeland.
A scenario such as that has already been war gamed out.

None of us look forward to that possibility, yet, defending your actual home, family and way of life would bring out the very best in many, many men and women.

Without personally knowing just a handful of guys on this board, I can say with full confidence, guys like Dragonraider, Redinwashington, Nikki, and many others with a military background could be formidable, despite some of our advancing in age.

As young men, we took an oath that has no expiration date. We did not go looking for a fight in the 70's, 80, 90's, etc., but to protect our OWN land would be the only hill to die on. We have no place else to go.

Folks can riot and pilfer in my town, down the street, across the street, but when they step on my property or try to enter, out of necessity it will be game on. We did not live our entire lifetimes building our legacy to come out with Kool-Aid colored hair and nose rings...at least I didn't.

If and when the ptb decide to make a play to take away our 2nd Amendment rights, I would love to see the response of some of them "good ole boys" in the hills of Kentucky and Tennessee react.

Sorry for getting sidetracked.

Stupid comment. Zero f*cks given.

Really anticipating the "Our kids have been hitting each other for too long, and getting tired of it. Time for us to play somebody.", comment which undoubtedly comes out next week.

Just beat shit ass worthless Northwestern.
That's what I'm talking about.

A scenario such as that has already been war gamed out.

None of us look forward to that possibility, yet, defending your actual home, family and way of life would bring out the very best in many, many men and women.

Without personally knowing just a handful of guys on this board, I can say with full confidence, guys like Dragonraider, Redinwashington, Nikki, and many others with a military background could be formidable, despite some of our advancing in age.

As young men, we took an oath that has no expiration date. We did not go looking for a fight in the 70's, 80, 90's, etc., but to protect our OWN land would be the only hill to die on. We have no place else to go.

Folks can riot and pilfer in my town, down the street, across the street, but when they step on my property or try to enter, out of necessity it will be game on. We did not live our entire lifetimes building our legacy to come out with Kool-Aid colored hair and nose rings...at least I didn't.

If and when the ptb decide to make a play to take away our 2nd Amendment rights, I would love to see the response of some of them "good ole boys" in the hills of Kentucky and Tennessee react.

Sorry for getting sidetracked.
Red Dawn was awesome

He was laughing when he said it…
gary coleman wtf GIF
That's a good one. A+

So Scott Frost has stated publicly, almost as if he is bragging about it, that he estimates that there are 15-20 instances per practice of offensive lineman vomiting. He says the players are in shape but that they are just being worked that hard by Raiola.

Sorry coach but this is not something to brag on. It is shameful and the fact that Frost cannot see it as shameful is, sadly, one more indication that he is not fit to be a head coach. He is not fit to be a head coach for allowing this to happen in the first place. And he is not fit to be a head coach since his "better judgement" told him this was something that it was okay to brag about publicly. It shows he is clueless and arrogant. Still. After four years of clueless arrogance.

If we end up having a break out season I will be thrilled. Dancing in the aisles and kicking up my heels. But even if we do, I will still feel disgust in my stomach that this overgrown child is still our head coach.
I don't give a shit how many times they puke as long as they win

Any competent CEO - heck even crappy ones know that when speaking it isn’t about what you say it is about what others hear

Frosts comments have been picked up nationally - there was even a column on the golf digest website - and with the huskers visiting Ireland the story has been run in the UK - each column reviews Frosts incompetence as a coach citing his record - something that I would think he would take great pains to avoid highlighting - as well as citing the idiocy of his comments

worse yet - they paint Raiola (someone just starting in coaching) as incompetent along with the strength and conditioning team and the “best in class” athletic performance center.

you have a former player on the national title teams with a medical degree stating how stupid the comments were stating they never had players puking at practice

you have long time NFL lineman stating in 10+ years he hasn’t witness a total of 15 times a player has puked in practice in his entire career

you have a current players mom attempt to come to the rescue stating that puking as a result of working out is the body’s way of getting rid of things it doesn’t need - an extremely ill informed view

all Frost had to say was the oline is working extremely hard and he is super happy with Raiola’s performance rather than further opening his mouth and potentially torpedoing the guys career

But alas Scott Frost is going to Scott Frost

I wonder if all the assistants are meeting with him and instructing him that in the future keep their names and position groups out of his mouth

Last edited:
That part of Frost's statement was telling to me. Players being a little too tired for 11 on 11 is a concern if you are an OC. From a position coach's perspective, the drill work is what makes kids fundamentally better. Frost's NU has been all about the 11 on 11 up to this point. I think that's obvious. With one conference win last year, maybe toughness and fundamentals should get more emphasis at some point?
I don't see how that's obvious at all. In fact, the fundamental issues we see year after year is more indicative that they don't do enough group work, either that or the group work they do is highly unproductive.

Any competent CEO - heck even crappy ones know that when speaking it isn’t about what you say it is about what others hear

Frosts comments have been picked up nationally - there was even a column on the golf digest website - and with the huskers visiting Ireland the story has been run in the UK - each column reviews Frosts incompetence as a coach citing his record - something that I would think he would take great pains to avoid highlighting - as well as citing the idiocy of his comments

worse yet - they paint Raiola (someone just starting in coaching) as incompetent along with the strength and conditioning team and the “best in class” athletic performance center.

you have a former player on the national title teams with a medical degree stating how stupid the comments were stating they never had players puking at practice

you have long time NFL lineman stating in 10+ years he hasn’t witness a total of 15 players puke in practice in his entire career

you have a current players mom attempt to come to the rescue stating that puking as a result of working out is the body’s way of getting rid of things it doesn’t need - an extremely ill informed view

all Frost had to say was the oline is working extremely hard and he is super happy with Raiola’s performance rather than further opening his mouth and potentially torpedoing his career

But alas Scott Frost is going to Scott Frost

I wonder if all the assistants are meeting with him and instructing him that in the future keep their names and position groups out of his mouth
In the event the 'skers find a way to lose in Ireland, not only will Frost and the Huskers be the laughingstock of college football in the USA, they will have become an international punch line as well. The jokes will be enough to make us puke.

Frost best hope the fcdk NU wins, cause he is becoming way too well known as a source for foot-in-mouth, comments that continually bite him in the ass, and a loss overseas that will follow him all season.

Probably the best, and only way, for Alberts to get Frost to shut his trap and think before speaking is to suspend him next week.

Name Whipple interim head coach during Frost's one week suspension.

Causing what may be a distraction to the team before the first real snap of the season is a great way to distract from what may have been a real productive fall camp.

If there was ever a case for an AD to make a power move in getting rid of a coach, national perception now provides it.

I'm saying this with the realization it will never happen. But, when is enough Scott Frost enough?

I still love how she blasted Nebraska as absolutely sucking...complete with a huge list of stats on D-linemen from Nebraska not succeeding compared to other schools. But as soon as Nebraska upped their $ bid and her son accepted, she acted as if she never said that LOL.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
At the very least, and this is actually a shitty way of looking at it. Frost bitched and moaned that first year about how weak and out of shape the Riley players were.

Throughout college football history, coaches before and since Bear Bryant, Frank Kush, Urban Meyers and maybe a hundred others pushed their players to the extreme and beyond. They found out WHO wanted it, and who was willing to play the price. Those unwilling to go to that level, quit the game or transferred. The thing these coaches had in common is a lot of W's.

Not all hard ass coaches win, and not all keep their jobs.

But, when Frost took over the program he should have found out who wants it and who doesn't. If a lot of kids left, it was not that damaging to an already damaged program. When you rebuild, you have to begin with the foundation. The foundation being, "we are going to work your ass off."

But, like you say scarlet, why now in Year 5 has the level of effort suddenly been turned way up? It has to do with a paycheck and continued employment. When Moos was here, and it was fun and games with no accountability it was acceptable.

When Frost is eventually no longer in the picture, and people list the many things he failed to do in order to give himself and the program a chance to succeed, it will be one long ass list.

In another thread I mentioned the science of supercompensation in athletic training. The premise is: muscles are stupid, they will do what you train them to do. You train slow, they react slow. You train fast, they respond faster.

Everyone is born with a determined number of fast and slow twitch muscles.

You can't increase the number of either you have, through training you break down the fibers and make them them thicker and they grow. I know this to be fact.

In order to achieve supercompensation, you must "trick your muscles" in order to break through physical plateaus. If you do the same mundane exercises you will get stuck in areas where you cannot break through plateaus.

I think we will see a slightly leaner, possibly a better OL athletically, and without a doubt a better conditioned offensive line than we have for quite a while.

The key is going to be to not deaden their legs in the run up to the game and have a bunch of physically flat linemen. The rest and recovery aspect of getting away from the rigors of fall camp is where the actual growth will come from.

Take it for what it's
In the event the 'skers find a way to lose in Ireland, not only will Frost and the Huskers be the laughingstock of college football in the USA, they will have become an international punch line as well. The jokes will be enough to make us puke.

Frost best hope the fcdk NU wins, cause he is becoming way too well known as a source for foot-in-mouth, comments that continually bite him in the ass, and a loss overseas that will follow him all season.

Probably the best, and only way, for Alberts to get Frost to shut his trap and think before speaking is to suspend him next week.

Name Whipple interim head coach during Frost's one week suspension.

Causing what may be a distraction to the team before the first real snap of the season is a great way to distract from what may have been a real productive fall camp.

If there was ever a case for an AD to make a power move in getting rid of a coach, national perception now provides it.

I'm saying this with the realization it will never happen. But, when is enough Scott Frost enough?
Do you wear a mask while you drive?

I, for one, am 100% behind any strategy to make the lines mort physically dominant. It was disgraceful a few years back to hear our coaches make comments about how the Hawkeye practices must be brutal. These kids are tough. We have heard of zero medical issues. Let’s trust the staff here.

I shudder to think what would happen if we went to war with China and were actually defending our homeland.
Having spent a year in Asia, (not China, but SE Asia in general) I can say that these people, if pressed into war, will fight without a second thought of sacrificing themselves for the greater good. That is the way their culture is sort of setup to begin with.

You won't see that kind of dedication out of a western society, where the individual is more important than the group.

That said, China would not stand a chance against us militarily and we wouldn't need to put any boots on their soil either.

Your clips are awesome.

Do you actually ever have an original thought of your own or do you need to borrow your creativity?
Listen, your distain for Scott Frost has been made known, over, and over, and over. We get it, you do not like him as Nebraska’s head coach, and you wish for him to be fired. You normally have some good write ups, and I appreciate you taking the time to post them. But the last 48 hours of your regurgitation of how you dislike the head coach and your hopes for him to be let go, especially if he loses to Northwestern right out the gate, is tiresome.

And continuing to ground this “puking scandal” into the ground is tiring, especially when no player is complaining and no player ended up getting injured or taken to the Hospital (thankfully) over this hyperbole.

Is this original enough for you?

Listen, your distain for Scott Frost has been made known, over, and over, and over. We get it, you do not like him as Nebraska’s head coach, and you wish for him to be fired. You normally have some good write ups, and I appreciate you taking the time to post them. But the last 48 hours of your regurgitation of how you dislike the head coach and your hopes for him to be let go, especially if he loses to Northwestern right out the gate, is tiresome.

And continuing to ground this “puking scandal” into the ground is tiring, especially when no player is complaining and no player ended up getting injured or taken to the Hospital (thankfully) over this hyperbole.

Is this original enough for you?
First of all, when you use the word "regurgitation", you feed into the topic. Best case for you is just put me on Ignore, no big deal.

I did NOT say Frost should be fired if he loses to Northwestern, I said Alberts should suspend him for the opener as a method of reeling in Scott's dumbass comment(s).

Please help me understand that I'm the only one advocating for Frost to get fired? I join a long list of those who would agree.

So will I, or anyone else play a viable part in Frost being fired, of course not? It does appear its unanimous around the country that he is incompetent, based on record.

By the way, try not to expand on what I "actually" write, okay? You have no basis for saying that I've written Frost be let go for a loss to Northwestern as "tiresome." I said it ONE time last night. Most of us are big boys and can consume a comment more than once.

There are 3 different threads about the Puke incident, none of them originating from me, so as you've indicated, I do share my opinions on a lot of topics, and since this is an opinion forum, I'll continue to do so, and of course, some will agree, others will not.

Between Open Threads/Husker Board, there are probably 75% of thread topics that I don't read because I have no interest even though a lot of members do.

Since us fans are soon to be treated to some actual football, I'd rather not get into a pissing contest on what I post. There are many guys on here who I enjoy reading. This room, and the Open Board have some smart, talented people, many of them with expertise in a lot of areas that surpass me.

If I didn't like what they wrote, or felt they were redundant, or carrying on unneccessarily, I simply would not read what they write, or I tend to make liberal use of the Ignore button.

I do appreciate you posting your "original" thoughts to me. I do. I think we have arrived at an agreement that's easy enough to abide by. Yet, if I feel as though I will post on the vomit issue again, I will do so. As a very long time NU fan, it has pained me for decades the amount of disrespect this program has endured due to low quality head coaches and other factors.

There was a day when us fans were connected to the program and there was a huge respect factor that had been earned for decades. Now, we get Frost with an ill-advised comment shining a negative light on the program again.

I posted the Huskers could go 10-2 this year, yes, a very long shot based on recent history, but love, (or pick an adjective), springs eternal. Maybe one year NU will have the ball bounce right and we can have a fun, successful season.

Thanks for your response keil. Peace out.

Last edited:
Having spent a year in Asia, (not China, but SE Asia in general) I can say that these people, if pressed into war, will fight without a second thought of sacrificing themselves for the greater good. That is the way their culture is sort of setup to begin with.

You won't see that kind of dedication out of a western society, where the individual is more important than the group.

That said, China would not stand a chance against us militarily and we wouldn't need to put any boots on their soil either.
I hope you're right, but if we continue to run woke recruitment ads while Chinese and Russian ads are testosterone fueled gems which attract men who are attracted to being pushed to their limits in defense of their country, we won't have a superior fighting force for long. Combine that with an administration that will leave billions of our military equipment to the enemy in a country we wasted 20 years of talent and treasure in and about a million other things, we be in trouble.

Of course we're destroying ourselves from within so all our enemies have to do is sit back and wait.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I don't see how that's obvious at all. In fact, the fundamental issues we see year after year is more indicative that they don't do enough group work, either that or the group work they do is highly unproductive.
That was the point I was trying to make. And it's telling that an offensive minded coach would lament the fact that his linemen were a little fatigued for the 11 on 11 work that he values so much.

I hope you're right, but if we continue to run woke recruitment ads while Chinese and Russian ads are testosterone fueled gems which attract men who are attracted to being pushed to their limits in defense of their country, we won't have a superior fighting force for long.
"We won't have a superior fighting force for long" due apparently to "woke recruitment ads"? LOL.

At the very least, and this is actually a shitty way of looking at it. Frost bitched and moaned that first year about how weak and out of shape the Riley players were.

Throughout college football history, coaches before and since Bear Bryant, Frank Kush, Urban Meyers and maybe a hundred others pushed their players to the extreme and beyond. They found out WHO wanted it, and who was willing to play the price. Those unwilling to go to that level, quit the game or transferred. The thing these coaches had in common is a lot of W's.

Not all hard ass coaches win, and not all keep their jobs.

But, when Frost took over the program he should have found out who wants it and who doesn't. If a lot of kids left, it was not that damaging to an already damaged program. When you rebuild, you have to begin with the foundation. The foundation being, "we are going to work your ass off."

But, like you say scarlet, why now in Year 5 has the level of effort suddenly been turned way up? It has to do with a paycheck and continued employment. When Moos was here, and it was fun and games with no accountability it was acceptable.

When Frost is eventually no longer in the picture, and people list the many things he failed to do in order to give himself and the program a chance to succeed, it will be one long ass list.

In another thread I mentioned the science of supercompensation in athletic training. The premise is: muscles are stupid, they will do what you train them to do. You train slow, they react slow. You train fast, they respond faster.

Everyone is born with a determined number of fast and slow twitch muscles.

You can't increase the number of either you have, through training you break down the fibers and make them them thicker and they grow. I know this to be fact.

In order to achieve supercompensation, you must "trick your muscles" in order to break through physical plateaus. If you do the same mundane exercises you will get stuck in areas where you cannot break through plateaus.

I think we will see a slightly leaner, possibly a better OL athletically, and without a doubt a better conditioned offensive line than we have for quite a while.

The key is going to be to not deaden their legs in the run up to the game and have a bunch of physically flat linemen. The rest and recovery aspect of getting away from the rigors of fall camp is where the actual growth will come from.

Take it for what it's worth.
nebraska is paying frost well, on how to be a coach.

nebraska is paying frost well, on how to be a coach.
He's been here 4 full years and I think made in the area of 20MIL for 15 wins, give or take a rounding error in his contract.

I'm all for anyone making as much dough as their company or organization is willing to pay them.

Results matter though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT