ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Fleck to get a raise

phoenix4nu

Offensive Coordinator
May 10, 2009
"Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck, who was pursued by UCLA last month for its head-coaching job, has agreed to an amended contract in which he could receive an additional $5.7 million if he stays with Minnesota through the 2029 season.

The university's athletic department announced the amendment Friday, and the contract is pending Board of Regents approval.

Fleck, who'll coach his eighth season with the Gophers this fall, will continue to receive a total salary of $6 million through the 2029 season, with $400,000 as base salary and $5.6 million as supplemental compensation. Under the amendment, he'll also be able to make more money through a retention bonus, the longer he stays.

The schedule of the retention bonuses are:
• Year One (through Dec. 31, 2024): $700,000;
• Year Two: $800,000;
• Year Three: $900,000;
• Year Four: $1 million;
• Year Five: $1.1 million;
• Year Six: $1.2 million."

P.J. Fleck will have bonuses added to Gophers contract after UCLA's pursuit

Last edited:

rowing-boat.gif

"Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck, who was pursued by UCLA last month for its head-coaching job, has agreed to an amended contract in which he could receive an additional $5.7 million if he stays with Minnesota through the 2029 season.

The university's athletic department announced the amendment Friday, and the contract is pending Board of Regents approval.

Fleck, who'll coach his eighth season with the Gophers this fall, will continue to receive a total salary of $6 million through the 2029 season, with $400,000 as base salary and $5.6 million as supplemental compensation. Under the amendment, he'll also be able to make more money through a retention bonus, the longer he stays.

The schedule of the retention bonuses are:
• Year One (through Dec. 31, 2024): $700,000;
• Year Two: $800,000;
• Year Three: $900,000;
• Year Four: $1 million;
• Year Five: $1.1 million;
• Year Six: $1.2 million."
I'm NOT a fan of Fleck but I do favor contracts which include a substantial retention bonus for sticking around thru the end of a certain time period. Of course, yes I realize that a school trying to hire a coach away likely will pay off that forfeited retention bonus.

Reactions: scarletred
I'm NOT a fan of Fleck but I do favor contracts which include a substantial retention bonus for sticking around thru the end of a certain time period. Of course, yes I realize that a school trying to hire a coach away likely will pay off that forfeited retention bonus.
They will be interesting to see how soon the bloom comes off the rose with Mr. Fleck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT