ADVERTISEMENT

Vomiting in Practice

That was the point I was trying to make. And it's telling that an offensive minded coach would lament the fact that his linemen were a little fatigued for the 11 on 11 work that he values so much.
I took about 10 minutes and did a silly exercise on the primary players weights that are listed this year versus last year. I know the posted weight and their actual weight are loose numbers and not based on any proven empirical data.

It's almost as if the offensive side and the defensive side were on different "playing weight" schedules.

Defensive players like Mathis, Drew, Wynn and the secondary guys were not in the players I looked at).

Overall, the defenders were almost all the same weight listed in 2022 as in 2021. Most were within 5 pounds. So, these may have just been arbitrary weights that were listed.

Offensively, it was a completely different weight listed in 2022 versus 2021, especially the OLmen.

Teddy was listed as 15 pounds heavier than last year. And TE Brewington went from 185 to 220, which would be 35 pounds. Again, not suggesting the listed way is that accurate, just different compared to the overall groups.

The biggest "difference" was in the listed weights of the OLmen versus last year.

Corcoran was listed at 300#'s both years.

Bando went from 315 to 295 or 20#'s less.

Banks, Benhart, Hixson all had listed weights of 15#'s LESS than last year.

It doesn't mean anything will transfer to the field, and it's possible they just used those as target weights and may be way off.

I found it interesting that typically OL in college will get bigger as they age and mature and become stronger.

Is it "possible" for the first time in 3-4 years some of these kids were actually pushed to be in better shape?

I guess we get to find out in less than a week. (Sorry, but I have a lot of time on my hands).

Reactions: BleedRed78
Having spent a year in Asia, (not China, but SE Asia in general) I can say that these people, if pressed into war, will fight without a second thought of sacrificing themselves for the greater good. That is the way their culture is sort of setup to begin with.

You won't see that kind of dedication out of a western society, where the individual is more important than the group.

That said, China would not stand a chance against us militarily and we wouldn't need to put any boots on their soil either.

13f2jv.jpg

Reactions: NikkiSixx
No he doesn't. Christ, I listened to it on Sports Nightly and it is literally him just bullshitting with Greg Sharpe. It's a huge nothing burger that people are blowing out of proportion because Scott talks more than he wins. The response to this is almost comical where even NFL Lineman are weighing in. It's like why do you care?
You are right about why it’s considered absurd. It comes from the voice of the absurd. Win games and it is perceived as a joke. But he isn’t known for his humor, just his boasts without results.

So Scott Frost has stated publicly, almost as if he is bragging about it, that he estimates that there are 15-20 instances per practice of offensive lineman vomiting. He says the players are in shape but that they are just being worked that hard by Raiola.

Sorry coach but this is not something to brag on. It is shameful and the fact that Frost cannot see it as shameful is, sadly, one more indication that he is not fit to be a head coach. He is not fit to be a head coach for allowing this to happen in the first place. And he is not fit to be a head coach since his "better judgement" told him this was something that it was okay to brag about publicly. It shows he is clueless and arrogant. Still. After four years of clueless arrogance.

If we end up having a break out season I will be thrilled. Dancing in the aisles and kicking up my heels. But even if we do, I will still feel disgust in my stomach that this overgrown child is still our head coach.
I like him. He is a real person that Fs up like I do.

Reactions: wkato and OzzyLvr
I hope you're right, but if we continue to run woke recruitment ads while Chinese and Russian ads are testosterone fueled gems which attract men who are attracted to being pushed to their limits in defense of their country, we won't have a superior fighting force for long. Combine that with an administration that will leave billions of our military equipment to the enemy in a country we wasted 20 years of talent and treasure in and about a million other things, we be in trouble.

Of course we're destroying ourselves from within so all our enemies have to do is sit back and wait.
I hear you.. but we're fighting an economic war, mostly.. we are going to see more countries fail the next 6 months, and the US won't be one of those.

I like him. He is a real person that Fs up like I do.
That is all well and good but are you the highest payed government employee in the State of Nebraska, whose sole job is to win football games? I am not making any personal judgments on Scott Frost the human being. I do not know him personally and thus have no frame of reference for that. But I am judging him by the objective standards of what he was hired to do, and payed handsomely for it. And so far he has been a complete, total, and absolute failure as a head coach. So much so in fact that the AD had to restructure his contract, lower his buy-out, and essentially force him to hire new coaches -- something Frost himself should have done after year two or three when it was obvious that some of the staff he brought from Central Florida were not cutting it. And Albert's himself admitted that had Frost not been a "Husker" hero from the past that he would not have retained his job. And then after all that, he continues to make a fool of himself in press conferences, such as at the B1G media days where he acted like a petulant child who was pissed off he had to speak to the media. And now his, apparently hyperbolic, statements about 15-20 lineman puking every day in practice, seemingly oblivious to the fact that in this day and age of increased awareness of player safety that such macho bullshit posturing is frowned upon. It only increases the suspicion that he is rather arrogant and immature in a completely clueless way.

Yeah, yeah... I do not like Scott Frost. But this is a chat board and I am free to share my views that I think he is a lousy coach. If people get tired of reading my comments on this topic, feel free to hit the ignore button.

That is all well and good but are you the highest payed government employee in the State of Nebraska, whose sole job is to win football games? I am not making any personal judgments on Scott Frost the human being. I do not know him personally and thus have no frame of reference for that. But I am judging him by the objective standards of what he was hired to do, and payed handsomely for it. And so far he has been a complete, total, and absolute failure as a head coach. So much so in fact that the AD had to restructure his contract, lower his buy-out, and essentially force him to hire new coaches -- something Frost himself should have done after year two or three when it was obvious that some of the staff he brought from Central Florida were not cutting it. And Albert's himself admitted that had Frost not been a "Husker" hero from the past that he would not have retained his job. And then after all that, he continues to make a fool of himself in press conferences, such as at the B1G media days where he acted like a petulant child who was pissed off he had to speak to the media. And now his, apparently hyperbolic, statements about 15-20 lineman puking every day in practice, seemingly oblivious to the fact that in this day and age of increased awareness of player safety that such macho bullshit posturing is frowned upon. It only increases the suspicion that he is rather arrogant and immature in a completely clueless way.

Yeah, yeah... I do not like Scott Frost. But this is a chat board and I am free to share my views that I think he is a lousy coach. If people get tired of reading my comments on this topic, feel free to hit the ignore button.
Scott just needs to win period or get the F out. I haven't paid attention to anything he has said for the past couple of years because nothing matters if you don't win games. Winning cures all and we haven't done much of it since 2001.

I shudder to think what would happen if we went to war with China and were actually defending our homeland.
Haha right. They might have awesome tech, though still not proven to be battlefield tested yet. However, I worked with a guy from China who had been in the PLC. He told me about how in training they only got one bullet each...lmao.

From what I've heard and read, only their tech is a sight concern. Otherwise, their two million man army has less bullets and capability than our mere citizens do.

Haha right. They might have awesome tech, though still not proven to be battlefield tested yet. However, I worked with a guy from China who had been in the PLC. He told me about how in training they only got one bullet each...lmao.

From what I've heard and read, only their tech is a sight concern. Otherwise, their two million man army has less bullets and capability than our mere citizens do.
China doesn’t innovate anything and their population is cratering

they’re all old. Pretty sure they don’t even do karate anymore

Way to leave out the rest of my quote so that can be taken out of context. Typical lefty tactic.
Then what the hell was your context?

Our military takes a back seat to NOBODY. Period. And if you make a naive statement and someone calls you out on it, that doesn't make them leftist. I'm not a lying politician nor do I work for a network that profits from pandering & misleading the public. Therefore, I'll give my own opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Husker06
Then what the hell was your context?

Our military takes a back seat to NOBODY. Period. And if you make a naive statement and someone calls you out on it, that doesn't make them leftist. I'm not a lying politician nor do I work for a network that profits from pandering & misleading the public. Therefore, I'll give my own opinion.
Read the rest of the quote. I said there are several other things that are happening that are weakening our military. And if you think that our military can't lose its superiority, that think is part of the reason it will happen if it ever does. Period.

• Haha
Reactions: Husker06

That’s why we live in America. Free Speech. But I never intended to argue a fact. I saying I like Scott & we found out you don’t. Oh yes, I’m in business for myself and started it in 1987. Our sales were 25 million this year. But like Scott it was a shitshow starting out. That’s the only reason I told you about me to compare the shitshow Scott is in. This is the first year he’s had talent at a lot of positions where out 2nd stringers would have started 4 years ago. I will be on your bandwagon if he lays an egg this year. It’s funny if he would just win we would have never had this deep conversation. I heard of that author Homer Simpson. TD

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
That’s why we live in America. Free Speech. But I never intended to argue a fact. I saying I like Scott & we found out you don’t. Oh yes, I’m in business for myself and started it in 1987. Our sales were 25 million this year. But like Scott it was a shitshow starting out. That’s the only reason I told you about me to compare the shitshow Scott is in. This is the first year he’s had talent at a lot of positions where out 2nd stringers would have started 4 years ago. I will be on your bandwagon if he lays an egg this year. It’s funny if he would just win we would have never had this deep conversation. I heard of that author Homer Simpson. TD
Thinking back, is it possible you initially had a bad business plan, lack of talented employees, or did you just lose 66% of your capital the first 4 years?

Thinking back, is it possible you initially had a bad business plan, lack of talented employees, or did you just lose 66% of your capital the first 4 years?
I did not jave very much experience on the dollar in and dollar out theory of business. I was learning everyday. i learned very quick you can go home and cry how hard it is but nobody gives a shit. Who did I learn from? Employees, Reps,competition. Anyone that had a better way than me. Now today, I know everything. 66% of capital? How did you come up with that number? Just asking.

I did not jave very much experience on the dollar in and dollar out theory of business. I was learning everyday. i learned very quick you can go home and cry how hard it is but nobody gives a shit. Who did I learn from? Employees, Reps,competition. Anyone that had a better way than me. Now today, I know everything. 66% of capital? How did you come up with that number? Just asking.
It's a formula I developed.

This aged horrendously.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT