ADVERTISEMENT

Tornadoes/energy

countrybob

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2003
Not political but, if mods want to take down no biggie. I have thought, wondered for many many years if only they could figure out how too recreate the energy of a tornado and use the energy to run a plant to generate electricity like a nuclear or coal. Love too hear some thoughts.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskers123456
Not political but, if mods want to take down no biggie. I have thought, wondered for many many years if only they could figure out how too recreate the energy of a tornado and use the energy to run a plant to generate electricity like a nuclear or coal. Love too hear some thoughts.
I think harnessing the energy in lighting would be better

The law of conservation of energy tells us that any wind creating machine for a tornado wouldn't produce any extra energy that you could harvest... It'd have to be something harnessing the natural power of the wind. Maybe you could build some giant physical structure that could funnel the wind into a tornado. But at that point you're probably better off building windmills.

Reactions: countrybob
A tornado requires an intense amount of energy to create in the first place. So to create an artificial tornado I don't think would be practical, as the output probably wouldn't exceed the input.

Reactions: countrybob
We should harness all the energy put into debating moving a Saturday game to Friday.

monkey-drums.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT