ADVERTISEMENT

Another Caitlin Clark thread......but different.

giphy.gif
Is the horse one of the WNBA players? Hahaha

I don't know anything about Caitlin Clark's personal worldview but if I were her I'd be so pissed off about getting roped into anybody's culture warrior crap. Black racists are giving her shit for being white, white racists are using her as an excuse to hate black people, dorks like Clay Travis are now bringing anti-trans "jokes"(?) into it, I mean good lord. I thought people wanted politics to stay out of sports.

If I were her I'd be releasing a statement asap that just said "everyone shut the f*ck up and let us play basketball"

I don't know anything about Caitlin Clark's personal worldview but if I were her I'd be so pissed off about getting roped into anybody's culture warrior crap. Black racists are giving her shit for being white, white racists are using her as an excuse to hate black people, dorks like Clay Travis are now bringing anti-trans "jokes"(?) into it, I mean good lord. I thought people wanted politics to stay out of sports.

If I were her I'd be releasing a statement asap that just said "everyone shut the f*ck up and let us play basketball"
Wish all athletes and entertainment world would but they can't help themselves. And some people think they are so bold and courageous 😬

Reactions: Spooked

If people wanted politics to stay out of sports the athletes should stfu about politics. Seems like they've kind of brought it on themselves.

Reactions: huskerfan66
of course they hate her. excepting family, there is no greater champion for the individual than women.

even when they compliment other women, its at the discretion that they see those they compliment as below themselves and thus can give themselves a pat on the back for being perceived as a righteous. go look at the female comments under any Lizzo post.

When speaking about Clark's treatment by WNBA veterans during her rookie season, Auriemma said, "The kid (Carter) that knocked her out? That’s the only time she’s ever been on TV, and the only time she’s ever been interviewed by reporters. ‘Hey, I’m not answering any Caitlin Clark questions.’

"That’s just junior high stuff,” Auriemma added.

Good for Geno.

You are the one that brought up the race stuff . So IMO you are the one that wants it turned into a race thing. Just delete! i
There is zero doubt that there's some resentment that the skinny white chick is getting all the pub. I think the bigger thing is her public displays of affection with a guy......

Reactions: baseball31ne
Yeah, I know. Another CC thread is as much fun as a rematch with herpes. But there's an elephant in the room that not many are talking about, and that is the heat and downright disrespect CC is getting from mostly blacks. Antonio Brown is the latest in a disappointingly long list of nuts, past players, current players, sports commentator and personalities, who just can't accept that she is (swallowing my gorge) a generation talent who has, yes, broken many records mostly held by black female players.

I'm not going to post an exhaustive list of offenders but you can use your favorite search engine to see what I mean. Also, I'll ask that the thread be deleted if this turns into a nasty racist outlet for the unbalanced. I'm interested in your perspective about a phenomenon that, yes, has a racial aspect to it, but which I suspect may be as much societal as anything. My litmus test on this issue is to reverse it: how would I feel if a minority became the best at a traditionally white sport like tennis-----whoops, already happened, or gymnastics-----dang, that too, how about golf? Gee whiz, that happened also. Now if white personalities started sniping at the minority who excelled, how would that be received by the sports community and sports journalists?

See what I mean? To my mind anything that doesn't elevate and only tears down is just wrong irrespective of whose ox is getting gored.

Thoughts? Again, if this turns into a racist rant I'll ask that it be deleted. Race will inevitably come up but let's look at this specific matter as objectively as possible.

Reactions: Spooked
How is pointing out Clark's relentless flopping "pure childish jealousy"?
I don't care for CC or the WNBA but it's quite obvious she is not liked. Is it because she's a straight white female? Probably. They should be grateful because they are flying charter now, putting butts in seats and may actually turn a profit for the first time ever. But, women and petty jealousy. We all know how they are with other women.

I don't care for CC or the WNBA but it's quite obvious she is not liked. Is it because she's a straight white female? Probably. They should be grateful because they are flying charter now, putting butts in seats and may actually turn a profit for the first time ever. But, women and petty jealousy. We all know how they are with other women.
You can take the girl out of Junior High but you can’t take the Junior High out of the girl. 😔

Maybe they don't like Clark because every time she steps on the court, she behaves like an entitled princess?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT