ADVERTISEMENT

This staff needs ro go

Frost probably has 2 years minimum before the heat becomes an inferno. I was hoping for 6-6 or 7-5 before the season. I just didn't expect the team as a whole to go through so many brainfarts. It's one thing to get out-talented, it's another to lose because of incompetence. I feel we are far close to the latter than the former.
Yep, people who actually believe there is even the slimmest chance he gets fired this year, or probably even next year need a serious reality check.We made a big investment when we gave him 7 years and as bad as things are, we need to let more of that play out. You're not going to fire a former player after two years and then attract any other coach that is worthwhile.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Keep changing coaches every 2 or 3 years ? That leaves your program with no stability and a total wreck.

We're already a total wreck. Keep trying until you get it right. Don't just stick with a bum for the sake of stability.

What bigger name coach do you attract with your 300 mile recruiting base. That's the real problem people.

Isn't this kind of a loser mentality? I don't care about the name, I care about the results. Right now the results suck.

I am so patient it's ridiculous. Right now it's shit play calling on both sides of the ball. The system on both sides of the ball is not adapting to the skills of their players. It's "here's the system - run it." It isn't "hey you do this well, let's run that."

Reactions: frankluv
No one is firing HCSF. People are pissed after a loss and multiple 4 win seasons. That is the kind of thing that gets posted. Frost has a 7 year contract and something like a 25M buyout. It ain't happening. 0 chance. He will be here at least 5 years even with 1 or 2 more shit shows like this.

No one is firing HCSF. People are pissed after a loss and multiple 4 win seasons. That is the kind of thing that gets posted. Frost has a 7 year contract and something like a 25M buyout. It ain't happening. 0 chance. He will be here at least 5 years even with 1 or 2 more shit shows like this.

We're screwed then.

I am and always will be a Go Big Red Fan but Scott must make some changes in his coaches and in his own play calling. If it ain't working 100%.
, then change some of the parts.
So far he seems pretty stubborn. So don't hold your breath.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Our basketball program attracted Fred Hoiberg, and our basketball program is historically one of the worst in the country.

Kansas landed Les Miles. Washington State got Mike Leach. Both of those schools are in the middle of nowhere.

We have tons of money and resources. No excuses.
Yep. This idea that we can't be good again is ludicrous. If you can find someone who can build a decent program in an out of the way place like Pullman, Washington with little tradition, you can find someone to do better at a place with the tradition and support we have.

Frost doesn't need to be fired, but he hand his millionaire bro's need to get better at their jobs.

Forget new facilities....throw $10 million/year at Urban Meyer instead. Would be a much better investment.
I would agree on this, but I don’t want that dirtbag representing Nebraska Football.

It’s crazy how much money goes into the program, and we’re worse than virtually any FCS team.

I think I’ll take the overs on the whole “1 or 2” thing.

Reactions: SC_'sker
People are just now realizing coaching is an issue? I knew as soon as the first game of year 1 that coaching was a major issue. Discipline should be one of the easiest and fastest things you can teach when you walk into a new program but instead in those first few games we looked like one of the worst disciplined college teams I've ever seen. Things never really got much better in year 1. Sure we played some bad teams and got some wins but Iowa kicked the crap out of us at the end of the year.

In year 2 once again we started the year not at all prepared to play. Almost all of the issues we've seen so far come down to coaching. However I find it laughable that everyone wanted to act like coaching wasn't an issue. And when people finally realized it, immediately they want the head coach fired. Our fanbase is full of overreactionary idiots. Frost is getting at least 2 more years. I hope he's the right guy and can get things turned around. He's going to have to make some changes and tough decisions if he Hope's to have any success.

We are nowhere near the point of firing Frost. Now I think we are to the point of finding a new DC and some other assistants. I know Frost has a 7 year contract, but I promise if we see another rough year next year his seat will be very very hot. Unless we see drastic improvement by year 4 he won't make it to see year 5.
If it does eventually come to the point of finding a new coach (I pray not) I think we need to forget the NFL guy, forget the up and coming DC, Forget the season loser, Forget the home grown guy. We need to go after a top/proven P5 coach and pay them top dollar. Pay his assistants top dollar. Im talking #1 in the country level.

Yep. This idea that we can't be good again is ludicrous. If you can find someone who can build a decent program in an out of the way place like Pullman, Washington with little tradition, you can find someone to do better at a place with the tradition and support we have.
The thing is this.....Nebraska had Leach-like W-L records with both Solich and Pelini, and both were sent packing.

I'd be surprised if Frost makes any changes based on his comments earlier this week about not questioning his assistants. Seems like we got yet another coach who is more interested in giving his buddies a job then having quality assistant coaches.

He will never fire his best friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT