ADVERTISEMENT

Year One

baseball31ne

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 8, 2002
just want the extra practices to get the freshman and other incoming guys more work.

See the needs and priorities and grow from there. This roster with all the injuries and issues and still have a shot to get to a bowl game, I’m willing to be the tallest midget in the room this year.

Staff changes need to happen for sure and the portal for some positions need to be hit hard, hard, hard. NIL needs to step up its game too.

No way this team is 5-5 with any staff back to Bo with the injuries this season.

I think it’s fair to chalk year 1 up as an abject failure at this point.

Which is too bad because we seemed to have turned a corner.

Coaching today (and last week and in weeks 1& 2) was inexplicably inept
I see the opposite. I see a staff and team finding ways to compete despite severe limitations. Small improvements a specific positions would yield large results. Am I happy with 5-5? Hell no. But the fact that we’re 5-5 with this offense is a small miracle. No staff is going to be perfect with in game decisions. That’s just reality.

I see the opposite. I see a staff and team finding ways to compete despite severe limitations. Small improvements a specific positions would yield large results. Am I happy with 5-5? Hell no. But the fact that we’re 5-5 with this offense is a small miracle.
We haven’t played anyone

I wouldn’t be surprised if our strength of schedule was in the 120s at season’s end

We haven’t played anyone

I wouldn’t be surprised if our strength of schedule was in the 120s at season’s end
You can make the schedule argument all you want, but this team isn’t good. Beating anyone is an achievement. Worst offense in college football. I’m confident in that statement and it has nothing to do with play calling. If you can’t score you can’t win. Period. We can’t score. And no play caller in the country can fix it

I think it’s fair to chalk year 1 up as an abject failure at this point.

Which is too bad because we seemed to have turned a corner.

Coaching today (and last week and in weeks 1& 2) was inexplicably inept
Nope I disagree, I do agree with the coaches the last two games haven’t been at top form

I see the opposite. I see a staff and team finding ways to compete despite severe limitations. Small improvements a specific positions would yield large results. Am I happy with 5-5? Hell no. But the fact that we’re 5-5 with this offense is a small miracle. No staff is going to be perfect with in game decisions. That’s just reality.
I think we found a QB on the last drive. Crappy play design and crappy play call on that last interception for a guy who hasn’t been getting first team reps. That was asking too much. I’ll be somewhat surprised after listening to Rhule postgame if he isn’t our starter next weekend

You can make the schedule argument all you want, but this team isn’t good. Beating anyone is an achievement. Worst offense in college football. I’m confident in that statement and it has nothing to do with play calling. If you can’t score you can’t win. Period. We can’t score. And no play caller in the country can fix it
We’ve played 10 games and in 4 of them the coaching seemed to hurt more than help

Designated fair catcher? I mean wtf

Reactions: Yantzeee
Year 1’s schedule was the weakest in years and a one-time reprieve. We’ll be very lucky to win 5 games again next year without at least one competent portal qb.

Reactions: dinglefritz
FG at the end of each half and the game is won. Poor choices and said it in the moment.

Last week was frustrating and so is this week. Both games show the flaws of the offense, defense, special teams, coaching and trainers. Toss in the MN game and the head shakes are able to snap a neck.

Again, year one anything over 4 wins is a bonus and a foundational point. Get one more win and get extra work. Off season staff changes will be coming. Have to do that once the evaluations happen officially. The team foundations are being set but the talent depth just isn’t enough right now.

Year 1 of Matt Rhule era:

Defense - Big improvement in run defense, scheme, gang tackling.

Offense - The worst Offense ever I’ve witnessed at Nebraska (going back to the 1980s). This has to be statistically one of the worst Offenses at any P5 school in the modern era. O-line still sucks, QB room non-existent, WR room very bad.

Special Teams - Marginal improvement over last year.

Initial Observations Satterfield Offense is not going to work here. WR and O-line need to pack their bags. Not going to win with these clowns!

Reactions: InMotion
Not going to happen with our Offense. I am no longer optimistic after today’s performance.
What if we ran the ball 40x and threw it 10?

And attempted to return a f*cking kick?

And someone explained to preacher Rhule/mouth breather Satt what a FG is?

I understand these things are a fantasy, but humor me

Reactions: HuskAir
Confident we can do the same?
I think so. It's our best chance of getting to 6 wins and becoming bowl eligible. We have a chance against Iowa too, however judging by the score of their game vs Rutgers, it looks like Iowa might have found an offense.

First and foremost we need a offensive line that can push around the defensive line, maybe hh would do better or chubba doing better

You and I and the majority of Husker Nation knows this and that is why Satterfield needs to be $hit canned. It is so plain to see the recipe for success!

This was Rhule’s year to shine. Next couple will be rough due to scheduling.. We’ll probably be looking for a new coach by then….

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
I'm not too disappointed because it's about what I expected. Nobody saw these injuries coming , the ineptitude at QB, or the defense being the strength. I knew are coached would need a year to get the Big10 , previous one's did. We're gonna suck till we don't .

First and foremost we need a offensive line that can push around the defensive line, maybe hh would do better or chubba doing better
Makes total sense but doesn’t excuse the poor passing that results in interceptions. Doesn’t explain why Sims just can’t hold on the ball! There is something seriously wrong when we have 4-5 turnovers a game. Protecting the football is learned in Junior High.

FG at the end of each half and the game is won. Poor choices and said it in the moment.

Last week was frustrating and so is this week. Both games show the flaws of the offense, defense, special teams, coaching and trainers. Toss in the MN game and the head shakes are able to snap a neck.

Again, year one anything over 4 wins is a bonus and a foundational point. Get one more win and get extra work. Off season staff changes will be coming. Have to do that once the evaluations happen officially. The team foundations are being set but the talent depth just isn’t enough right now.
We’re going to win out…., I hope.

Year 1 of Matt Rhule era:

Defense - Big improvement in run defense, scheme, gang tackling.

Offense - The worst Offense ever I’ve witnessed at Nebraska (going back to the 1980s). This has to be statistically one of the worst Offenses at any P5 school in the modern era. O-line still sucks, QB room non-existent, WR room very bad.

Special Teams - Marginal improvement over last year.

Initial Observations Satterfield Offense is not going to work here. WR and O-line need to pack their bags. Not going to win with these clowns!
Defense is so overrated. See Mich who could have put 70 on us and their 3rd string put 20 on us in 1.5 quarters. And they’re all SR next years with little to low 3* talent behind.

Yeah it's year one, but this year was by far the easiest schedule Rhule will ever have here. This year's Big Ten West might be the worst Power 5 division in the history of college football.

After this year there are no more divisions and the Big Ten is adding 4 really good teams. No more cupcake schedules.
There’s also no reason to expect the offense will be this bad moving forward. We’re not a finished product and the difference between what we are and a top 50 football team isn’t much.

The defense must find a way to get better in coverage. Pass defense isn’t good enough right now. Again new defense in first year with a different scheme but has to be much better these next two weeks and certainly next year.

Offense needs to be better on risk/ reward of when points are available, FFS, take them. Again look at the starters from weeks 1 and 2, compared to the last two weeks and see the change of experience. It will get better but please get to 6 wins this year to get the extra practices.

Reactions: dinglefritz

That is one thing that has killed us in the last two games and that’s field position plus our punter has been subpar

I was happy with team before last week. I think the team has regressed. The fight they showed in the Illinois, Purdue and Northwestern games has disappeared. Is the D getting irritated about always having to bail out the offense? It seemed like #31 and another player were reluctant to join the sideline huddle towards the end of the game. Those who went to the game what did you see? It is hard to get a clear picture when watching the game on TV. All three quarterbacks play like they are in a fog. Clearly whatever Satterfield is doing is not working. Leading the nation in turnovers says it all and should be keeping Rhule up at night. I would pay White as much as it takes to keep him from leaving town, hire a better OC and get at least one and hopefully two good quarterbacks from the transfer portal.

Next year could be worse. The Huskers need to improve vastly if they don't want to get boat raced by Ohio State, UCLA and USC. Right now, I would say the only sure wins are UTEP and Northern Iowa.

This was Rhule’s year to shine. Next couple will be rough due to scheduling.. We’ll probably be looking for a new coach by then….
Easy to say that after 10 games. Wished I could have seen you post that in July

I was happy with team before last week. I think the team has regressed. The fight they showed in the Illinois, Purdue and Northwestern games has disappeared. Is the D getting irritated about always having to bail out the offense? It seemed like #31 and another player were reluctant to join the sideline huddle towards the end of the game. Those who went to the game what did you see? It is hard to get a clear picture when watching the game on TV. All three quarterbacks play like they are in a fog. Clearly whatever Satterfield is doing is not working. Leading the nation in turnovers says it all and should be keeping Rhule up at night. I would pay White as much as it takes to keep him from leaving town, hire a better OC and get at least one and hopefully two good quarterbacks from the transfer portal.

Next year could be worse. The Huskers need to improve vastly if they don't want to get boat raced by Ohio State, UCLA and USC. Right now, I would say the only sure wins are UTEP and Northern Iowa.
Purdy did not appear to be playing in a fog and Sims was his usual self. Haarberg was the one in a fog.

Reactions: Wasker77
Easy to say that after 10 games. Wished I could have seen you post that in July
"I am sure we will be looking for a new coach by then." I hope not, but I do agree the schedule has gotten tougher. You can't add four of the top teams from another conference and not make it more difficult to win games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT