ADVERTISEMENT

Year One

The excuses for Rhule started early "they never win many games his first season"...blah blah blah, all of that is just expectation lowering nonsense and the fans gobbled it up. It's going to be ROUGH going forward, and we needed this year for momentum and we've completely fumbled the opportunity. Par for the course over the last 20 years.

just want the extra practices to get the freshman and other incoming guys more work.

See the needs and priorities and grow from there. This roster with all the injuries and issues and still have a shot to get to a bowl game, I’m willing to be the tallest midget in the room this year.

Staff changes need to happen for sure and the portal for some positions need to be hit hard, hard, hard. NIL needs to step up its game too.

No way this team is 5-5 with any staff back to Bo with the injuries this season.
This team is 0-12 under Frost guaranteed.

"I am sure we will be looking for a new coach by then." I hope not, but I do agree the schedule has gotten tougher. You can't add four of the top teams from another conference and not make it more difficult to win games.
I was referring to his remark that this was Rhule’s year to shine….I would have like to see him say that before the season.

Reactions: Wasker77
who's our no. 4 qb?
Walk on Longvall. I'm not opposed to seeing what he can do cuz QB1 is not an option, QB2 is hurt, QB3 hasn't had the reps and we've seen some errant balls last year.

May as well let the walk on do it!!! Remember Matt Turman the Turminator!!!

Holla, for Ryker Fyfe too!!

Walk on Longvall. I'm not opposed to seeing what he can do cuz QB1 is not an option, QB2 is hurt, QB3 hasn't had the reps and we've seen some errant balls last year.

May as well let the walk on do it!!! Remember Matt Turman the Turminator!!!

Holla, for Ryker Fyfe too!!
HH's interception that was nullified because of a penalty on the Terps defense was a yard or two behind the intended receiver and high. I bet HH doesn't do very well hunting pheasants. He would always be shooting behind them. Sims did the same thing right in from of me at the CU game when the Huskers were on about their own 5-yard line. Is that the way Satt is teaching them how to throw the ball?

I see the opposite. I see a staff and team finding ways to compete despite severe limitations. Small improvements a specific positions would yield large results. Am I happy with 5-5? Hell no. But the fact that we’re 5-5 with this offense is a small miracle. No staff is going to be perfect with in game decisions. That’s just reality.
Our small miracle is the defense. This is the worst offense put together at NU since before Devaney. And Rhule is 100% responsible for it.

Which portal qb could he have gotten instead?
I’ve read 50 on here. Key words are“could have gotten”. We were not an attractive destination for a top QB. Might be better this go round but I think people expecting a can’t miss savior in the portal are going to be disappointed.

Reactions: Seascout3
There’s also no reason to expect the offense will be this bad moving forward. We’re not a finished product and the difference between what we are and a top 50 football team isn’t much.
the difference between where we are and a top 20 team isn’t that much. Iowa is ranked solely on the strength of their defense. Look at the top 25. Nobody can tell me there aren’t ranked teams we could beat and maybe should beat. Need better QB play. That’s it.

Last edited:
carrying the team & offensive coaching staff on his back for 2 months may have caught up after not playing competitive football since Kearney Catholic

I hope he can go on Saturday or we might as well forfeit
At this point, I think HH gives us the worst chance of winning.

The most disappointing thing about this staff is we seem to be back to making Frost decisions that aren't smart football and errors even junior high coaches don't make. Starting with MN when we just had a 9-minute scoring drive running the ball 10 times and passing twice to keep the drive going. After a defensive stop, we throw the ball three times from around our 20 and punt. Yes...two of the three passes were wide open and Sims missed, but so what? The game was winding down and three runs there even if they went no where would have burned time off the clock Minny used at the end to win. There has been something like that in damn near every game since, up to going on 4th and 2 yesterday. You had previously converted a 4th and 2, so trying again is pushing your luck. Rhule said Alvano's limit was the 25 and the ball was on the 27, so no FG. The five outcomes were making the 4th down, not making the 4th down (which happened) making the FG, not making the FG (which was no worse than not making the 4th down field position and clock wise), or turning the ball over, which always has to be an option on every play with this offense. They must not have real time analytics up in the box because I think any computer with a good data base is going to give Alvano a shot. And then not running three straight runs from the 3 while 4-pointing the ball to burn clock and kicking the chip shot FG is an error even my Pee Wee coach would not have made.

It blows my mind that these coaches with so much experience and who are paid so much money often don't pay attention to fundamentals like clock management.

No, according to PFF it may have been their best game. Best pass blacking game, second best run blocking behind LaTech game.
I don't remember ever really being frustrated with them yesterday, so they must have been at least average.

Is it me, or is Fidone a really terrible blocker?

Also, seemed the receivers as a while did a pretty shitty job blocking yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
I’ve read 50 on here. Key words are“could have gotten”. We were not an attractive destination for a top QB. Might be better this go round but I think people expecting a can’t miss savior in the portal are going to be disappointed.
"Not an attractive destination." You sound like a complete loser. We're a blueblood program for ****sake. Frost landed one of the top rated qb recruits in the country his first year. Now, that didn't turn out that great, but there's no reason Rhule shouldn't have been able to do something similar.

I do remember ever really being frustrated with them yesterday, so they must have been at least average.

Also, seemed the receivers as a while did a pretty shitty job blocking yesterday.

Maryland brought pressure on half our 26 passes. We allowed 5 pressures, no hits, no sacks. The poor QB play was not due to the OL yesterday.

How is he responsible for the lack of talent on a roster he inherited?
Because this is the portal era and he had every chance to plug gaps in the portal if the talent were really that bad, but instead he whiffed hard on the offensive side of the ball. I'm sure Rhule has access to enough game and practice film to judge how good these guys were, and he said himself he watched it multiple times. This is the team he wanted to roll with and it appeared to be a severe misjudgment and mismanagement of talent on the offensive side of the ball. That's 100% on Rhule. Unless you're suggesting we let him do **** all for 5 years and make a mocking of this program ala the Frost regime? Because that worked out so well.

"Not an attractive destination." You sound like a complete loser. We're a blueblood program for ****sake. Frost landed one of the top rated qb recruits in the country his first year. Now, that didn't turn out that great, but there's no reason Rhule shouldn't have been able to do something similar.
7 seasons in a row without a bowl game and facing a complete rebuild. At the time QBs we’re moving we still had a returning starting QB. Look at the teams who got the top QB transfers. Then look at what we had to offer.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I do remember ever really being frustrated with them yesterday, so they must have been at least average.

Yes he is so is the third tight end, Bork is the best blocking tight end. Fidone looks very clumsy out in the field of play

Reactions: king_kong_
7 seasons in a row without a bowl game and facing a complete rebuild. At the time QBs we’re moving we still had a returning starting QB. Look at the teams who got the top QB transfers. Then look at what we had to offer.
One of the better qb transfers Spencer Sanders went to Ole Miss to be a backup. You can't tell me we couldn't have made a better offer if we actually tried. DJ Uiagalelei is doing well at Oregon State. You couldn't tell me we couldn't have been a more attractive destination?

Reactions: jkeb
One of the better qb transfers Spencer Sanders went to Ole Miss to be a backup. You can't tell me we couldn't have made a better offer if we actually tried. DJ Uiagalelei is doing well at Oregon State. You couldn't tell me we couldn't have been a more attractive destination?
Backup for kiffin is much better than starter for the chinless wonder

Uiagelalei would have been good. He had already made tens of thousands of dollars in NIL at Clemson. Like it or not OSU was a more attractive spot than us with our returning starter still on our roster. I have no idea whether we pursued him or what kind of a deal he got at OSU. He’s originally from the west coast so that might have been a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT