ADVERTISEMENT

Year One

i agree that’s not
What if we ran the ball 40x and threw it 10?

And attempted to return a f*cking kick?

And someone explained to preacher Rhule/mouth breather Satt what a FG is?

I understand these things are a fantasy, but humor me
In retrospect sure they should have taken the FG.

But That’s obnoxious. HH played like crap-lucky he didn’t get two picks. Sims was Sims. Chubba played the best-maybe his shoulder is finally healing?

Maybe if Chubba plays like that minus the pick, we win out?

Now that’s a nice dream….

Reactions: dinglefritz
Nebraska has never been a big destination for throwing QB's. That isn't going to change in my opinion. What we seem to have always done well with, is a dual threat type of guy, and then basing the offense around a running game with an occasional rollout, play action passing game.

I know they have dialed back the passing this year, but it seems like the OC/Rhule, whomever is in charge, continues to give the fans 'coach speak' like we will be a running team, then during the game, gets cute with the play calling like we are a passing team able to do both.. it's a mismatch in identity. You have to actually make the wholesale shift in thinking for it to actually take hold. You can't just give lip service to it, or occasionally run a fullback.

That is something I think the coaches need to really consider with what they are going to do in the off season.

Nebraska has never been a big destination for throwing QB's. That isn't going to change in my opinion. What we seem to have always done well with, is a dual threat type of guy, and then basing the offense around a running game with an occasional rollout, play action passing game.

I know they have dialed back the passing this year, but it seems like the OC/Rhule, whomever is in charge, continues to give the fans 'coach speak' like we will be a running team, then during the game, gets cute with the play calling like we are a passing team able to do both.. it's a mismatch in identity. You have to actually make the wholesale shift in thinking for it to actually take hold. You can't just give lip service to it, or occasionally run a fullback.

That is something I think the coaches need to really consider with what they are going to do in the off season.
I think with the QBs they’re recruiting it’s clear that they’re emphasizing a recruit’s passing ability first and running ability second. I still think they want a QB run threat but aren’t going to sacrifice passing ability.

I think with the QBs they’re recruiting it’s clear that they’re emphasizing a recruit’s passing ability first and running ability second. I still think they want a QB run threat but aren’t going to sacrifice passing ability.
I hope not.. that would be a recipe for long term failure.

We saw Bill Callahan do this, with some success, but it's never been really maintainable, especially at Nebraska.

There just aren't that many kids who are great passers coming up.. heck the NFL can't find enough guys who can really play the position either.

It seems like chasing a ghost from where I sit.

Regardless, they need to come up with an identity, and then recruit to it.

Maybe they will have more long term success with pass first type of guys, but I personally don't think that is a formula for success here.

Edit: I guess you are probably still talking about dual threat guys opposed to pocket passers..

I hope not.. that would be a recipe for long term failure.

We saw Bill Callahan do this, with some success, but it's never been really maintainable, especially at Nebraska.

There just aren't that many kids who are great passers coming up.. heck the NFL can't find enough guys who can really play the position either.

It seems like chasing a ghost from where I sit.

Regardless, they need to come up with an identity, and then recruit to it.

Maybe they will have more long term success with pass first type of guys, but I personally don't think that is a formula for success here.

Edit: I guess you are probably still talking about dual threat guys opposed to pocket passers..
Because recruiting run first QBs has worked so well for us? I think you have to have a guy who can do both but you can’t sacrifice passing accuracy and decision making. Ironically Chubba Purdy showed both skill sets in high school. We need to recruit guys like him every year and hope one of them pans out every 2-3 years. It’s a crap shoot.

Because recruiting run first QBs has worked so well for us? I think you have to have a guy who can do both but you can’t sacrifice passing accuracy and decision making. Ironically Chubba Purdy showed both skill sets in high school. We need to recruit guys like him every year and hope one of them pans out every 2-3 years. It’s a crap shoot.
we haven't had the right identity for a long time and coaches only looking at athletic ability as opposed to leadership ability.

it all has to come together and be a unified thing.

what we have had is a switch to passing under langsdorf and riley that produced horrible results and I always felt bad for what they did to Tommy Armstrong. So glad he got some redemption with his pro career passing the ball.

Then you had AM, another kid with poor leadership ability and downright bad competitiveness.

I guess I'm blown away by your statement.. it tells me you think like everyone else and it's back to measurables and a 'crapshoot' as you say.

I'd rather see an approach that makes sense from an identity standpoint and then a selection standpoint that takes intangibles and leadership into the equation with the idea of being able to sustain success over the long term.

just want the extra practices to get the freshman and other incoming guys more work.

See the needs and priorities and grow from there. This roster with all the injuries and issues and still have a shot to get to a bowl game, I’m willing to be the tallest midget in the room this year.

Staff changes need to happen for sure and the portal for some positions need to be hit hard, hard, hard. NIL needs to step up its game too.

No way this team is 5-5 with any staff back to Bo with the injuries this season.
This football program is used to drinking and partying all through the month of December. Then using winter conditioning like the 1970’s baseball players used to use spring training. Work off the brown bottle weight.

we haven't had the right identity for a long time and coaches only looking at athletic ability as opposed to leadership ability.

it all has to come together and be a unified thing.

what we have had is a switch to passing under langsdorf and riley that produced horrible results and I always felt bad for what they did to Tommy Armstrong. So glad he got some redemption with his pro career passing the ball.

Then you had AM, another kid with poor leadership ability and downright bad competitiveness.

I guess I'm blown away by your statement.. it tells me you think like everyone else and it's back to measurables and a 'crapshoot' as you say.

I'd rather see an approach that makes sense from an identity standpoint and then a selection standpoint that takes intangibles and leadership into the equation with the idea of being able to sustain success over the long term.
I do agree with the leadership necessity. That might be hard to predict or project from a high schooler. Despite his teams weaknesses this year Kaelin seems to have it. Guys like Gill and Berringer definitely had it. Armstrong had it. He carried that Riley team.

That's why part of me was hoping for Jamey Chadwell. His offense seems like a perfect fit here.

• Love
Reactions: NikkiSixx
I do agree with the leadership necessity. That might be hard to predict or project from a high schooler. Despite his teams weaknesses this year Kaelin seems to have it. Guys like Gill and Berringer definitely had it. Armstrong had it. He carried that Riley team.
everything I've seen this year says DK's team completely collapsed at the first sign of adversity and he had his worst season by far as soon as he wasn't surrounded by D1 talent/had his scholly locked up

doesn't exactly scream "leadership" to me

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Let's kill two birds here. Work with the ncaa to let Sims transfer to Michigan immediately. They have to pay Sims (funneling NIL money) the balance of Harbaughs salary since he'll be suspended. Sims is required to start and play 80 percent of the time with a minimum of 25 throws per game. If he throws to an outlet, screen, rb etc. 15 yard penalty.
Also required. The sideline cheaters will hold up graphics of each interception Sims throws.

Let's kill two birds here. Work with the ncaa to let Sims transfer to Michigan immediately. They have to pay Sims (funneling NIL money) the balance of Harbaughs salary since he'll be suspended. Sims is required to start and play 80 percent of the time with a minimum of 25 throws per game. If he throws to an outlet, screen, rb etc. 15 yard penalty.
Also required. The sideline cheaters will hold up graphics of each interception Sims throws.
We love the huskers, but does that mean we have to hate anyone who can’t help us win?
Sims, by all accounts, is a a decent guy. So is AM-the dude played with a broken jaw! Can they get us a winning record, let alone a championship? NO. But does that make them worthy of demonization and derision?

Reactions: dinglefritz
i agree that’s not good
this was a fair catch:

F-WpsTwX0AAHqo6

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT