ADVERTISEMENT

The path to 6 wins become tougher

Good win buff fans.... Savior the victory you came in with a 4th year headcoach, 3 yr starting qb, and squeaked out a victory against a team that made critical mistakes, a first game with a new coach after a game cancellation, a starting true freshman Qb that hasn't played since his junior year of high school, and a complete new system on both sides of the ball...... But hey you won congrats you better enjoy this one.

Dumb take. It was pretty obvious that NU would have benefitted from a game one to have tape on things to clean up plus getting extra game experience.

U saying that in no way would playing a first game have helped NU is actually a pretty dumb take and sounds more like trollsville to me.

Naw teams dont get better the more they play, how could one think something that logical would work. Young team, young qb new system, equals u get better the more u play.

Yeah it js speculation, but it is also pretty logical that NU has a better chance of beating CU if they played a game one...

That guy is an idiot that is just here trolling.

Reactions: 9and4
What gets me if the situation was in reverse and Nebraska play Akron and the Buffs game was canceled against CSU he would be singing a different tune.Smokin

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
You are 1 idiot, there is your stat. Go back to Colorado's board.
Still not a Colorado fan just st pointing out what should be obvious. Simply, stating that NU beats CU if they had the Akron game is dumb. Games are won and lost in reality not in hypotheticals. What if Martinez hurt his knee against Akron? Does NU still beat CU in your fantasy? Asked that awhile ago and still no answer

Still not a Colorado fan just st pointing out what should be obvious. Simply, stating that NU beats CU if they had the Akron game is dumb. Games are won and lost in reality not in hypotheticals. What if Martinez hurt his knee against Akron? Does NU still beat CU in your fantasy? Asked that awhile ago and still no answer
What if an asteroid falls and destroys the stadium? Can play the what if game all day long. Fact is Nebraska dominated CU, the stats are the for you to take a look that proves this. Fact- teams improve drastically from game 1 to 2. So taking those 2 things into consideration, one can make a logic conclusion that Nebraska probably does not have as sloppy of game. If they don't have those mistake the odds are we beat CU. Could CU still have won, of course.

Reactions: HuskerLegion
What if an asteroid falls and destroys the stadium? Can play the what if game all day long. Fact is Nebraska dominated CU, the stats are the for you to take a look that proves this. Fact- teams improve drastically from game 1 to 2. So taking those 2 things into consideration, one can make a logic conclusion that Nebraska probably does not have as sloppy of game. If they don't have those mistake the odds are we beat CU. Could CU still have won, of course.
You state “fact” and “probably” in the same statement, that fact makes your point probably dumb and pointless.
Fact 1-1 or 0-2 are the only two possible options, not 2-0 because you lost- fact

You state “fact” and “probably” in the same statement, that fact makes your point probably dumb and pointless.
Fact 1-1 or 0-2 are the only two possible options, not 2-0 because you lost- fact
Where did I say we would be 2-0. I simply said us playing against Akron and getting the typical game 1 mistakes out of the way. Gives us a much higher probability that the CU game goes our way. I never said it was a fact that we beat you. It gives us the edge all things considered. Again go back to you own board.

Reactions: 9and4
Well, enjoy your B1G participation trophy. Maybe after the season you can tell me how you would have been national champs if you hadn’t missed that Akron game. Excuses are sad, you lost to CU, that’s the fact.
Here is another fact, CU is not even good

Reactions: clayborn_94
I think execution improves from week 1 to week 2. Mistakes are still going to be made. Bad plays, bonehead decisions and penalties will happen all year long.

I thought, for the most part, Nebraska executed pretty well. I think the turnovers would have happened week 14 or week 1, with the exception of the pick on 1st down after the turnover on downs. Both fumbles were good defensive plays. Like I said in week 14, Martinez still reaches out to get the extra yards and exposes the ball to be punched out and week 14, Bell still fumbles the ball that got popped out on that hit.

Some of the penalties may improve, but Frost's UCF teams were some of the most penalized teams in America. I don't expect much improvement there.

Honestly, I think the QB has major talent. So that’s a big plus. I’m just not sure that offensive system is going to work in the B1G. Michigan tried it with Rich Rod with no success. Maybe Nebraska improves over the next 3 years, maybe not, but no way 2-0 happens this year no matter how much you want to fantasize and what if it. When people post crap like that it just sounds dumb.

Honestly, I think the QB has major talent. So that’s a big plus. I’m just not sure that offensive system is going to work in the B1G. Michigan tried it with Rich Rod with no success. Maybe Nebraska improves over the next 3 years, maybe not, but no way 2-0 happens this year no matter how much you want to fantasize and what if it. When people post crap like that it just sounds dumb.
What's dumb is you trying to hammer the same point over and over again. If you don't like it leave the board ffs it's a message board are you in need of that much attention if anything is sad that is you. Fwiw I'm not one fantasizing about being 2-0 like you are trying to accuse people of. But now your post is teetering from sad to pathetic.

Reactions: SOHusker11
If we are playing in a bowl game and get that extra experience and exposure we should be dancing in the streets. We only have 5 should wins on the schedule...colorado was a toss up and ended that way...I think 5 wins is the peak of the bell at this point...and then if we get another game with Akron with a bowl game on the line I think we get 6...

Reactions: ffjoey44

Did you just compare Scott Frost to Rich Rod? He went to Arizona and stunk it up as well. So if scheme was all about conference he should have been o.k. Scott isn't a scheme coach...he does what works. Right now an ultra fast pace has worked in college football, but is certainly less of a shock to teams than when Oregon did it 8 years ago. You do know that T.O was the first to run the spread, shotgun qb option, and screen game out of the shotgun with qb as option to run? And so I am sure Frost is deliberating how to be physical like Wisconsin, but more balanced...wear out a defense but still get the ball to enough playmakers so he can recruit at a high level. My impression is his offense is going to become a spread option with a heavy emphasis on a wide running game, with a vertical threat coming from the TE and outiside receivers. Basically having two slot wr that can run in the reverse/screen game...a back/qb that can run in the spread option game, so 4 runners, and then the deep threat out of play action. Throw the ball 20-30 times, and run 40-50 times...most passes being short running type passes and then 5-10 deep balls. Similar to 95-97...

I have definitely changed my prediction from Michigan State being a definite loss to a very possible upset

If you look at our schedule, we have almost all the winnable games and toss ups at home and the likely losses away.

That’s the one game where we could turn a L into a W

What's dumb is you trying to hammer the same point over and over again. If you don't like it leave the board ffs it's a message board are you in need of that much attention if anything is sad that is you. Fwiw I'm not one fantasizing about being 2-0 like you are trying to accuse people of. But now your post is teetering from sad to pathetic.
You are right you’re not fantasizing about 2-0. You jumped in after I was rebutting others that most certainly were. Read through the thread you will see. I keep hammering the same point because you keep responding like I am posting directly to you, I’m not. Again, read through the thread and acquaint yourself with what is going on. Maybe then we can have an intelligent discussion between the two of us.

Yet amazingly you are the ONLY one here saying so, interesting....

Did you just compare Scott Frost to Rich Rod? He went to Arizona and stunk it up as well. So if scheme was all about conference he should have been o.k. Scott isn't a scheme coach...he does what works. Right now an ultra fast pace has worked in college football, but is certainly less of a shock to teams than when Oregon did it 8 years ago. You do know that T.O was the first to run the spread, shotgun qb option, and screen game out of the shotgun with qb as option to run? And so I am sure Frost is deliberating how to be physical like Wisconsin, but more balanced...wear out a defense but still get the ball to enough playmakers so he can recruit at a high level. My impression is his offense is going to become a spread option with a heavy emphasis on a wide running game, with a vertical threat coming from the TE and outiside receivers. Basically having two slot wr that can run in the reverse/screen game...a back/qb that can run in the spread option game, so 4 runners, and then the deep threat out of play action. Throw the ball 20-30 times, and run 40-50 times...most passes being short running type passes and then 5-10 deep balls. Similar to 95-97...
Yes I did compare them. Rich Rod was successful at WVU for multiple years, Frost at UCF, one year. So, yeah, for me the verdict is very much still out on Frost. As far as Frost not being a scheme coach, how in the hell would you know that? Is he a personal friend that confides in you? He’s been a HC for 2 years and one game. I know he ran a tempo spread at UCF and appears to be doing the same at NU in the one game so that is what I am going with. What has happened, not what I pull out of my butt.

Well, enjoy your B1G participation trophy. Maybe after the season you can tell me how you would have been national champs if you hadn’t missed that Akron game. Excuses are sad, you lost to CU, that’s the fact.
Here is another fact, CU is not even good
Based on what? Their 2-0 start? That is all that one can go off of at this point. All else is assumption and hypothetical.

If we are playing in a bowl game and get that extra experience and exposure we should be dancing in the streets. We only have 5 should wins on the schedule...colorado was a toss up and ended that way...I think 5 wins is the peak of the bell at this point...and then if we get another game with Akron with a bowl game on the line I think we get 6...
Pretty fair summation imho

Hate to tell ya, but most of the BIG runs some form of spread offense. There aren't many Wisconsin's and iowas left.

Yes I did compare them. Rich Rod was successful at WVU for multiple years, Frost at UCF, one year. So, yeah, for me the verdict is very much still out on Frost. As far as Frost not being a scheme coach, how in the hell would you know that? Is he a personal friend that confides in you? He’s been a HC for 2 years and one game. I know he ran a tempo spread at UCF and appears to be doing the same at NU in the one game so that is what I am going with. What has happened, not what I pull out of my butt.

Rich Rod fell upon the zone read, popularized it and once teams figured out how to defend it he was exposed as a coach.

Did SF say he was going to do exactly what Rich Rod did?

Scott has added quite a bit of his own touches and Osborne has influenced Scott just as much as any coach he's trained under.

We know Nebraska power I required quick lineman. Quick first steps. Strong, quick, intelligent lineman. Pulling lineman. Blocking WRs, and great backs.

Urban Meyer uses zone read- defense overreacting- spread offense, and power sets, and it seems to work just fine in the B1G.

Get out of here with Rich Rod.

W’s- Troy, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, NW, Michigan State, Iowa
L’s - Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St

7-4
Fosters Bowl vs Arizona State

Good win buff fans.... Savior the victory you came in with a 4th year headcoach, 3 yr starting qb, and squeaked out a victory against a team that made critical mistakes, a first game with a new coach after a game cancellation, a starting true freshman Qb that hasn't played since his junior year of high school, and a complete new system on both sides of the ball...... But hey you won congrats you better enjoy this one.
Not sure I would classify as a win, more like a gimme. lol If it makes the Buffs fans feel all warm inside for a year, until we turf stomp them next, let them have it I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT